Infection

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
edsince18

Re: Infection

Postby edsince18 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:20 am

TomW46 wrote:I have an infection right now! It's weird. My wife (physician) says she thinks its an "indolent infection" that may have a "biofilm protective layer". There's no redness like you would see from a cut on your arm or leg. The swelling around my implant never went down. Everything is swollen and misshapen. My balls and scrotum are still swollen. My pubic pad is still swollen. My dick stays sore and looks like it belongs to an alien. Talk about girth! I've put up with this for six months now. Dr. Kramer says he will need to "wash it out and replace it." Wow, I get to have another surgery! As soon as school's out and my wife can go with me, I'll be getting the revision. I guess something wasn't completely clean in my operating room? Some people are just luckier than others.

sorry for your situation....
I really hope that your situation will get better.
But does infection occur 6 months after surgery? (sorry for my english)
ed since high school graduation, 25 years old now

TomW46

Postby TomW46 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:25 am

No, the infection was introduced during the surgery. It has been there for six months and no treatment has been effective. It's indolent and probably has a protective biofilm. The entire implant is infected and will need to be removed. The infection will then be "washed out" using some kind of flushing procedure. Of course, I'm not a happy camper.
Age 72, wife is 52. 20+1 cm Titan Touch implanted by Dr. Kramer on 18 October 2017. Revision to AMS LGX 21+2 cm on 11 June 2018 by Dr. Carrion at Tampa General. Age-related ED + slight Peyronies bend (left) and slight hourglass in the center.

Limpbizcit

Postby Limpbizcit » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:46 am

Larry10625 wrote:
Anthonyeavila wrote:
TomW46 wrote:I have an infection right now! It's weird. My wife (physician) says she thinks its an "indolent infection" that may have a "biofilm protective layer". There's no redness like you would see from a cut on your arm or leg. The swelling around my implant never went down. Everything is swollen and misshapen. My balls and scrotum are still swollen. My pubic pad is still swollen. My dick stays sore and looks like it belongs to an alien. Talk about girth! I've put up with this for six months now. Dr. Kramer says he will need to "wash it out and replace it." Wow, I get to have another surgery! As soon as school's out and my wife can go with me, I'll be getting the revision. I guess something wasn't completely clean in my operating room? Some people are just luckier than others.

It's disappointing to hear one of kramers patients ended up with an infection. He's going to have to put a malleable device in you once he takes out the infected one. So if you want a 3 piece ... your gonna need 2 surgeries ... one to take out the old one and place the malleable. Then another to remove the malleable and put in a three piece. I'm sorry you ended up with an infection. Praying for you.

I never had the malleable implant put in. My surgeon said that he irrigated the area with a disinfectant and closed up and needed the 6 months to allow the area to heal properly. Everything is great now. :)

Larry

Did you lose length or anything with out the malleable being used as a space holder? My surgeon said it was necessary to keep length and girth.
Age 47. ED for over 20 years. Diagnosed with Hypogonadism. Pills and trimix do not work consistently. Implanted with 24cm AMS CX 12/12/17. Infected implant removed and replaced with AMS Spectra 2/18/18. Implanted with 26CM Titan 10/02/18. So far so good.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:16 pm

Limpbizcit wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:
Anthonyeavila wrote:
It's disappointing to hear one of kramers patients ended up with an infection. He's going to have to put a malleable device in you once he takes out the infected one. So if you want a 3 piece ... your gonna need 2 surgeries ... one to take out the old one and place the malleable. Then another to remove the malleable and put in a three piece. I'm sorry you ended up with an infection. Praying for you.

I never had the malleable implant put in. My surgeon said that he irrigated the area with a disinfectant and closed up and needed the 6 months to allow the area to heal properly. Everything is great now. :)

Larry

Did you lose length or anything with out the malleable being used as a space holder? My surgeon said it was necessary to keep length and girth.

No, in fact, only 4 months post op, both my wife and I have noticed an increase in girth.. very little if any increase in length :)

Larry

Return to “Implants”