go in for implant 4/19

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
flyweed

go in for implant 4/19

Postby flyweed » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:44 pm

Hey all,

I am new here. 47 yr old male. Have had ED for about 6 years now. Have done all the usual steps..pills, pumps, injections. The Injections worked great for a while, but after a few years started to really hurt, and then I developed a bend in my junk and the pain, made me stop with the injections. SO..talked to Dr. and after talking a number of times we are going to be getting an implant next Thursday. Said procedure would take about 1.5 hours, and then they will keep me overnight, then take out Cath. and let me go on Friday morning.

I am excited and nervous at the same time. But I think it is a good choice.
implanted: 07/31/2018 AMS 700 LGX. 18cm cylinders with 2cm RTE's - Dr. Schomburg-Urologist

RayChez

Re: go in for implant 4/19

Postby RayChez » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:55 pm

I believe you have made the right decision going for the implant. Carverject which is sticking a needle on the side of your penis for me was very painful. Sure you get an erection, but to me I did not like it at all.

Implant with a good urologists is the way to go. To me everything feels so normal. Sex is no problem. Orgasms for both are no problem because you do not have to worry about losing your erection once you have your orgasm. Women love to have orgasms and with an implant it is a tool that they will like. No worry about a women telling you that you come too soon. :lol:

Good luck with your implant. I was an out patient on both surgeries.
age: 75 First implant around 2001, 59 at the time. AMS 700 Ultrex
revision Dec 2016. 2ND implant 21CM, 1rte AMS 700 LGX MS pump

LMCatman

Re: go in for implant 4/19

Postby LMCatman » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:28 pm

Staying overnight in the hospital is a good thing.... I did one at an "outpatient surgery" and stayed overnight in the hospital for the other two. Difference in pain level and recovery time was dramatic. Of course that simply could have been....wrong surgeon, right surgeon, right surgeon...

Good luck man!
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

Return to “Implants”