What Are The Steps To Getting An Implant?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
anotherguy

What Are The Steps To Getting An Implant?

Postby anotherguy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:57 pm

What are the steps to getting an implant if you're paying out of pocket and what are the steps to getting an implant if your insurance is going to cover it? Also, about how long does it take before I can get the surgery scheduled?

I'm asking because my insurance will now (or should) be able to cover the surgery pretty soon. I was going to pay out pocket.

I have I have to get a physical either way.

Thanks
Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer
AMS LGX 21cm + 1.5cm rte
great results | great surgeon
Here is a YouTube video of Dr. Andrew Kramer performing penile implant surgery

oldbeek

Re: What Are The Steps To Getting An Implant?

Postby oldbeek » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:14 pm

I found a very skilled surgeon in LA and had consult on 3-15 surgery next week 4-17. pretty quick. BUT what is your reason for getting one done? Have you ruled out other options? See my signature below for why I am getting one. Injections started causing Pyronies and scaring.
Last edited by oldbeek on Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

anotherguy

Postby anotherguy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:30 pm

I had an injury and it works, but not consistently and not 100%.

So did you pay out of pocket or did your insurance cover it?
Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer
AMS LGX 21cm + 1.5cm rte
great results | great surgeon
Here is a YouTube video of Dr. Andrew Kramer performing penile implant surgery

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:32 pm

Deleted by user
Last edited by Anonymous3 on Mon May 14, 2018 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:14 pm

This can very from surgeon to surgeon and for different insurances.

I have private insurance I pay for out of pocket. It is BCBS for my state. It does cover part of the cost if I go to the local doctor they chose. That doctor said I needed a implant to be able obtain and sustain an erection for sex. That my ED was caused by physical damage. So the steps started long ago with the documented damage and attempts with oral and injectable medication under my insurance plan. To have this young out of residency 2-3 implant a year doctor to do the implant I would need to go to the business office and chose what implant I wanted. Then pay for part of the non covered costs up front. Then when insurance approval was received I would start scheduling. Tests for a certification for surgery is needed and some of those expire after 3 weeks. The implant rep would need to be scheduled to be in the er with the different sizes of the implant and of course the surgeon would need to be scheduled.

I decided to go with a more experienced surgeon. I contacted the doctors office and received information. After securing the funds and making the payments I was scheduled approximately 4 weeks out. I had the surgery certification done locally under my insurance and sent. I had my local doctors records sent. I had other forms filled out and sent. And I made the arrangements for travel and the stay for the surgery.

I am retired and do not work right now so I did not have to schedule time off from work so that made things a bit less difficult.

I hope this information is of some help. I wish you the best with this what ever you decide.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Return to “Implants”