Pumping it up

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
retired65

Pumping it up

Postby retired65 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:27 am

My first post. Coloplast Titan implanted (02/15/18), doctor didn't spend much time explaining what he did but on his notes he wrote: "the corpora were dilated and measured to a total length of 23 cm. A 20 cm Coloplast Titan prosthesis was prepped with 3 cm RTEs." Can someone translate that for me? What is/are RTEs? Did not pump it for the first 6 weeks, now when I pump it up my dick is very cold, is that normal? So far, it has been a pain in the a$$ to pump it, my dick still tender and the Mrs is under the weather so no nookie so far :( Any feedback greatly appreciated. Tks.
66 years old, married 36 years. ED since 2006, diagnosed with prostate cancer 07/2014. Prostatectomy 07/27/2015, Coloplast Titan implanted 02/15/2018 by Dr. J. Greenfield.

oldbeek

Re: Pumping it up

Postby oldbeek » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:48 am

Shouldn't be using it for sex till 4 to6 weeks. Better get some instructions from your doc.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:26 pm

Welcome to the board.

RTE's are rear tip extenders. They are used to properly size the cylinders for over all length and so the tubes exit at the incision. They are placed on the rear of the cylinders. So 20cm for the cylinders and then 3cm rte's give you the 23cm oal.

I am only 2 weeks post surgery and it is difficult to be patient. But from what I have read is that it will take time for things to improve and for our body to adjust. Talk to your doctor if you have problems. Ask any questions you have.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:57 am

I still had some internal swelling after six weeks due to scar tissue Dr. Kramer found inside and had to deal with. I wanted a little longer to get pas inflate burn. It was like lifting weights when your muscles burn. It was just the expanding of my penis back to where it use to be.
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:01 am

Retired
Congratulations on joining a very exclusive club.
One thing I can confidently advise you on is that in 6 months and then further out at 12 months, your sex life will be very different to the one you used to know.
Please create a signature with details you have included in your post.... model it on others examples......it enables ‘old hands’ to have some context when giving you tips.
Your cycling should be the same as mine (Titan) that is twice a day for around 20 minutes a time to re establish your length and girth..... it is an uncomfortable process but I assure you “it works!” Be diligent and you will see returns over 12 months.
I began regular vigorous fucking from about week 8 post op.....so good luck with that, hopefully your partner enjoys sex.....because you are going to want to bang her......often, for extended periods (if you are fit) and vigorously!.....just try to remember what you were like when you were 18.......maybe your partner wants this :)
You will always receive lots of responses on here if you frame good questions
Feel free to private message if you want tricky questions answered
Smetro
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:42 am

retired65 wrote:My first post. Coloplast Titan implanted (02/15/18), doctor didn't spend much time explaining what he did but on his notes he wrote: "the corpora were dilated and measured to a total length of 23 cm. A 20 cm Coloplast Titan prosthesis was prepped with 3 cm RTEs." Can someone translate that for me? What is/are RTEs? Did not pump it for the first 6 weeks, now when I pump it up my dick is very cold, is that normal? So far, it has been a pain in the a$$ to pump it, my dick still tender and the Mrs is under the weather so no nookie so far :( Any feedback greatly appreciated. Tks.

Good morning and welcome to Frank Talk, where doctors are implant experts but our members are experts in it's use, injecting and pills.

Your dick is cold because, unlike in the past, it is not filling with blood. Your head has it's own blood supply so it should get/stay warm.... so far my head is cold but I suspect that will change. You will get tired of hearing this but it really is true... you have to be patient. As time goes on, swelling and bruising goes down and your body gets use to it, pain will decrease, sensation should start to return, length and girth should/could increase (depending what implant you have. I had problems inflating and deflating but again, as time goes on, everything gets easier. Once the swelling goes down, you should/could use a heating pad... this not only feels great but tends to soften up the pump bulb. Feel free to ask as many questions as you like... with 7000 members, I'm quite sure somebody can answer them. :)

Larry
Frank Talk Moderator

Return to “Implants”