UK Implanted

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Spikepork

UK Implanted

Postby Spikepork » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:19 pm

It seems we have bucket loads of feedback and ideas and comments from mainly the USA and that’s been great but few UK implantees have a place to share and discuss their experiences. Perhaps this thread will bring more of us together? Any other UK members on here feel the same. We are typically British and tend to sit “in the wings”. Maybe this can bring some joined up thinking to UK members.
Now Implanted 9/12/17. 52 years old with ED for over 20 years. Tried all the pills and injections. Update. Implanted with Titan 22 + 1. by DR Ralph Dec 9th London. Now in recovery and at 3 months feeling the journey was worth the pain.

Ruktitan

Re: UK Implanted

Postby Ruktitan » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:26 pm

Definitely a good idea. Helps put my mind at ease knowing im not the only one in the uk
29 years old. Suffered with ED since 17. No known cause. First Implanted date 23/3/2018. Cylinders way too short and revised by different surgeon 2019. 22cm titan.
Cylinders still short and now pump is upside down and protruding. Awaiting 3rd revision

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:29 pm

Ruktitan wrote:Definitely a good idea. Helps put my mind at ease knowing im not the only one in the uk

You gents are more than welcome, as is every man with ED anywhere in the world. :)

God Save The Queen.

Larry

Spikepork

Postby Spikepork » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:31 pm

Thanks Larry. Just trying to get us English Gents to pull together (oh the puns) and build some centralised info and feedback on surgeons, results, issues etc. We just don’t have the same level of consultant/client mentality here - even if you are paying!!!! Would add this site was a life saver for me when I needed it most but would have been even better had I been able to build a picture of what’s going on in the UK as it’s all cloak and dagger here.
Now Implanted 9/12/17. 52 years old with ED for over 20 years. Tried all the pills and injections. Update. Implanted with Titan 22 + 1. by DR Ralph Dec 9th London. Now in recovery and at 3 months feeling the journey was worth the pain.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:38 pm

Spikepork wrote:Thanks Larry. Just trying to get us English Gents to pull together (oh the puns) and build some centralised info and feedback on surgeons, results, issues etc. We just don’t have the same level of consultant/client mentality here - even if you are paying!!!! Would add this site was a life saver for me when I needed it most but would have been even better had I been able to build a picture of what’s going on in the UK as it’s all cloak and dagger here.

I have a friend I met online (he was on another website for pecker plastic surgery). He was born a she... I had been chatting with him for several months before I found out. They have made him a penis, glans, scrotum and I have told him to join us as he is contemplating an implant. He is from Wales. :)

Larry

Spikepork

Postby Spikepork » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:55 pm

Good idea. The more we talk the better informed we are.

JohnThomas

Postby JohnThomas » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:46 pm

As someone who has recently take the plunge I found this a very helpful source of info, and I am also in the UK
Male, 64, suffers from ED, hypertension, elevated cholesterol, type II diabetes, Sleep Apnea, and Hypogonadtropism
Getting a Coloplast Titan Implant Early April. Surgeon Mr David Ralph, London.

star_of_pramen

Postby star_of_pramen » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:31 pm

I am also in the UK and have spoken to a few of you before. I am being implanted by Dr Muneer on May 31 at UCLH (the same doctor who performed Ruktitan's implant)
30 yo based in UK. ED for 9Y & complex med history. Tried pills, injections, dorsal vein ligation before implanted with 20cm Titan on 31-May-18. First implant had floppy glans + bad tubing. On 28-Aug-20 underwent a revision to 20cm Titan + 4cm RTEs

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:40 pm

star_of_pramen wrote:I am also in the UK and have spoken to a few of you before. I am being implanted by Dr Muneer on May 31 at UCLH (the same doctor who performed Ruktitan's implant)

Have you seen the videos 9f the operation? Dr Kramer has many on the internet and Youtube has a bunch also. Watch carefull how the internal length of the penis is measured. The surgeon inserts a rod (marked in centimeters) and stretches the penis as far as he can. Then he measures down into the pelvic crus. Addingvthe two measurements together tells him what length to install.

The video can be intimidating to some men, but it is important to understand how it works, I think.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

star_of_pramen

Postby star_of_pramen » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:49 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
star_of_pramen wrote:I am also in the UK and have spoken to a few of you before. I am being implanted by Dr Muneer on May 31 at UCLH (the same doctor who performed Ruktitan's implant)

Have you seen the videos 9f the operation? Dr Kramer has many on the internet and Youtube has a bunch also. Watch carefull how the internal length of the penis is measured. The surgeon inserts a rod (marked in centimeters) and stretches the penis as far as he can. Then he measures down into the pelvic crus. Addingvthe two measurements together tells him what length to install.

The video can be intimidating to some men, but it is important to understand how it works, I think.

Yes, I have watched the videos. I am planning on having a phonecall with the surgeon before my operation , so I can understand how he is sizing as I am rather concerned now
30 yo based in UK. ED for 9Y & complex med history. Tried pills, injections, dorsal vein ligation before implanted with 20cm Titan on 31-May-18. First implant had floppy glans + bad tubing. On 28-Aug-20 underwent a revision to 20cm Titan + 4cm RTEs

Return to “Implants”