Recommended Drs in NC, or very close (Tapscott, Lentz)

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
coldbrew

Recommended Drs in NC, or very close (Tapscott, Lentz)

Postby coldbrew » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:56 pm

Hello,

What has been your experience with NC implants drs?
I have seen Ashley Tapscott (Huntersville), and will make an appointment with Aaron Lentz (Duke).
Both seem to have experience with peyronies.

Johnny

Re: Recommended Drs in NC, or very close (Tapscott, Lentz)

Postby Johnny » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:03 pm

Sorry can't help you there, had surgery in Pittsburgh, dr was not nationally known but still did great job, ask a lot of questions
Hello, married to a beautiful wife who helped me make this decision. Had the AMS 700 implanted 18 months ago and love it. Here to help if anyone needs any advice. I'm 59 and from the Pittsburgh area.

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:25 am

Doctor at Wake, stay away as not good posting here and I drove to Baltimore from Winston to see Dr. Kramer. Never looked back as it was a great experience. No drains, minor pain after 2nd day and his team and hospital took great care of me.

Photos is after surgery and shows how natural the AMS appears. The drive to Baltimore was worth it for me as I researched for about a year as chicken about surgery. They used gas to knock me out before the IV and after the pain meds worked in seconds. Went to the hotel about 7pm and used ice bags with Motrin only. Had stronger pain meds but didn't need.

Good luck. Find someone close to you and see if they will do a Show and Talk to help you out.
Attachments
After Surgery.jpg
After Surgery.jpg (77.15 KiB) Viewed 2451 times
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

LesNesman1

Postby LesNesman1 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:06 am

Dr Lentz is Great and has implanted hundreds if not thousands over the years.
He does however only use Titans as he does so many revisions and the majority are AMS failures,he quit using them.

I’m one year post op now and could not be more pleased .Titan 22 cm no RTU and straightened out my peyrones.

Les
ED for 28 years.Used all pills and injections until no other options worked.
Age-53
Implanted 4/19/17 by Dr. Aaron Lentz( Duke Urology)--22CM Titan no RTE's
Bionic Assault 6/12/17 and blew her doors off.

Daverx

Postby Daverx » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:35 am

I was implanted by Dr. Richard Natale around seven years ago and was extremely happy with his work. Now this old man has worn out his Coloplast and needs a new implant. Did not even think of looking anywhere else, got another date with Dr Natale on the 19th of April. Completely confident of the outcome. Almost forgot, Dr Natale is in Concord, NC.
75 yr old survivor of aggressive PC, original implant in 2012, revision Apr 19 2018. AMS 18cm 3cm RTE Happy man.

coldbrew

Postby coldbrew » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:33 pm

I will keep Dr. Natale in mind. Keep us updated on your replacement.

I will call to make an appointment with Lentz Monday.

I did email Kramer about implant. Told him I seen Tapscott for ultra sound. He said I would be in good hands, and no need to make trip to see him. Tapscott showed me a video on her phone where she was overseas at a conference. Kramer was one of them in the group of 7 or 8 drs.

I asked her about implant sizing, and was she aggressive. She said conservative. I'm sure she would do the max size.

Daverx

Postby Daverx » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:50 am

Will do, not long to wait now. Good luck with your search
75 yr old survivor of aggressive PC, original implant in 2012, revision Apr 19 2018. AMS 18cm 3cm RTE Happy man.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:12 am

coldbrew wrote:Hello,

What has been your experience with NC implants drs?
I have seen Ashley Tapscott (Huntersville), and will make an appointment with Aaron Lentz (Duke).
Both seem to have experience with peyronies.

Please create a signature. It makes things much easier to answer your questions without asking a lot of questions. Here's how you do it
Click on your name in the top right corner and select "user control panel"

Then under the big letters "User Control Panel" there is a row of words... select "Profile"

Then down the left had side of the "User Control Panel" select "Edit Signature" (You might have Create Signature or something. I don't know exactly what you'll get because I already have a signature to edit)

Most guys put something like what I have, but you can put whatever you want. Here is mine -
51 years old, married 29 years. Implanted Mar 30/17 by Dr. Brock of London, Ont, CANADA. (AMS 700 CX 18 + 2). Had implant removed Apr 29/17 due to Septic Shock. Liposuction By Dr. Gan and re-implant by Dr. Brock (AMS LGX 15 + 2) Dec 14/17.

Don't get too carried away with the doctor like his name, address, phone number, etc (anything that looks like advertising for him).. you can certainly say Dr. Jones (great Dr.)

Can you please be sure to put your city, state/province and country.

If you need further help, please ask, that's what I'm here for.

Larry

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:20 am

LesNesman1 wrote:Dr Lentz is Great and has implanted hundreds if not thousands over the years.
He does however only use Titans as he does so many revisions and the majority are AMS failures,he quit using them.

I’m one year post op now and could not be more pleased .Titan 22 cm no RTU and straightened out my peyrones.

Les

I find it odd that nobody else has reported this problem, and since the AMS is more popular with surgeons, I wonder if the problem is with the doctor. Or, it also stands to reason that since the AMS is more popular, more will fail. Avoiding the AMS product is NOT in the best interest of the patient. There are times when the Titan is the appropriate choice BUT, there are times when the AMS should be the choice. :)

Larry

Return to “Implants”