When Is Too Late To Start Cycling??

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Vagabond127

When Is Too Late To Start Cycling??

Postby Vagabond127 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:09 pm

I had posed a question regarding taking pain meds for cycling a while ago. Everyone said not to and if my dick hurt that much it was too early for me to start cycling. I couldn't agree more.

However, is there a window of time where the cycling must begin so as not to have irreversible damage set in? A point in which I need to man up and grit the pain?
Implanted with Titan 1/15/19 with Dr. Eid.
6-length 4.5-girth.

dg_moore

Re: When Is Too Late To Start Cycling??

Postby dg_moore » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:14 pm

I don't think there is any "too late" date. I first inflated at about 12 weeks - couldn't do it earlier because my incision (scrotum) was slow to heal and had to be re-sutured. So I first inflated around 12 weeks and didn't have any kind of problem. I never followed any kind of inflation protocol or program - this was 10 years ago and my post surgery instructions included no mention of any "cycling" (which now seems to be a common practice but apparently wasn't back then). Anyway, you'll probably be fine if you just proceed at your own pace.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:15 pm

Vagabond127 wrote:I had posed a question regarding taking pain meds for cycling a while ago. Everyone said not to and if my dick hurt that much it was too early for me to start cycling. I couldn't agree more.

However, is there a window of time where the cycling must begin so as not to have irreversible damage set in? A point in which I need to man up and grit the pain?

NO, NO, NO... I fully understand what you are saying. Everybody has their own pain tolerance level and you're right, in order for cycling to be effective, it needs to start fairly easy. IF, at that time, you are still in pain, and hot or cold packs are not working, by all means, use the pain killers they gave you. If that doesn't cut it, you need to contact your surgeon... there may be something going on that is serious, like in my case... INFECTION leading to septic shock. Understand that there is a big difference between pain and discomfort :)

Larry

roninhouston

Postby roninhouston » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:09 pm

This is from my prior post......
Was activated at 33 days and started the Post-Op VED protocol. Those on Dr. Dineen's VED protocol start cycling at 9 to 12 days however I followed what Dr. Cornell told me, which was 33 days.

From Dr. Dineen's paper...................
" on the VED protocol the patient started to use the device at 9 to 14 days, they are instructed to daily inflate the device as much as possible for a period of up to one hour. Initially many patients will only inflate for 7 to 10 minutes due to discomfort but the theory is that as much inflation as possible, for as long as possible, influence the cylinder capsule to form around the inflated cylinder rather than the deflated cylinder. Post-operative inflation is emphasize strongly if a lenghtening cylinder is implanted. Capsule development is thought to be complete at three months following surgery and the daily inflations can cease." (from Dr. Dineen's paper " vacuum preparation optimization of the cylinder length and post-operative daily inflation reduces complaints of shorten penile length following implantation of inflatable penile prosthesis")

I started the VED protocol 9 weeks before my operation in the hopes that it would minimize the pain and limit the loss of length. In Dr. Dineen ' s paper he talks about the patients uses the vacuum pump pre-op, to the point of feeling a slight burn, this is the stretching of the penis tissue. Post-op inflation feels the same for me as you are breaking the encapsulating scar tissue built around the cylinders.

When activated Dr. Cornell suggested inflating and deflating three times a day, each time increasing the pumps by one. Was activated on Tuesday, by Thursday was able to flatten my pump bulb for 60 minutes, Friday for 45 minutes and Saturday 90 minutes. So maybe the reductions in pain is working for me. NOTE: it is the pain is similar to pre-op vacuuming to the max pressure limit, after nine weeks mine was 15 (in.hg) and trying to hold it there. Actually when it became uncomfortable I would do things that distracted me from watching the clock. Plus I do my Kegels, if I think I need to push the deflate button. According to Dr. Cornell I still have some swelling which probably accounts for some soreness especially around the incision went activated.

I do not agree with Dr. Dineen when he said that maximum benefits were reached at 3 months. Probably about the time his study money ran out. Those on FT have said that enlargement has continued up to 18 to 24 months. That said, I will try to do a minimum of 1 hour each day for the next 2 months. I find it relatively easy to pump up during my morning shower and maintain it through my shaving & grooming.
----------------------------------------------------
There is a another paper which followed up on Dr. Dineen patients I posted this about it ........

Urologist Dr. Dineen says he starts his patients at 9 to 12 days after the op. However other papers found most patients were not comfortable (read painful :o ) inflated that soon. One paper said the average person started the VED Protocol Therapy was 43 days. Dr. Cornell activated me at 33 days, was able to pump to the max two days later and have been going for a total of 60 minutes every since. Since you are breaking the scar tissue you will have some discomfort for brief periods of time. You can always push the deflate button if it is to painful.
======================
BTW Tom Sellars is mentioned as a co-author of the paper. He is Dr. Dineen's assistant and works with Post-Op patients, i.e. helping them get inflated.
Bionic with AMS CX on August 14, 2015. Inflated September 15th by Dr. Robert Cornell.
Was 69 with VL
. Pre-Op VED Protocol Therapy and Post-Op VED Protocol Therapy: Pre-Op length by 6th month.

Return to “Implants”