Coloplast Titan placement in scrotum really low - any advice?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
BrianS

Coloplast Titan placement in scrotum really low - any advice?

Postby BrianS » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:34 pm

Gentlemen:

I'm five weeks post implant. Going pretty well. Happy to say.

One remaining question.

My pump hangs really low in my scrotum. Nearly an inch lower than my lowest testicle. It was placed in back, so that is basically sortof behind my left testicle, but lower.

This is really really uncomfortable. To the point that it's hard to even walk around sometimes.

It's still a little tender to the touch but that's not really the issue. It's the fact that it hangs so low. I find it hard to sit, hard to walk, and often when I'm sleeping it gets caught between my legs and hurts like crazy.

I get a lot of relief if I use a stretchable cock ring and essentially wrap it into place higher in my scrotum, basically above my testicles in the back.

The difference is I can place it horizontally, so that the inflation pump is at the same level as the deflation. Yes, I can still easily access both of them.

But when I take off the cock ring it goes right back down to it's lower placement.

Since I'm only five weeks out is it still finding it's permanent position? It moves around very freely in my scrotum as is (I can easily move it around with my fingers)

Is it possible to somehow encourage it to find it's final placement higher up and horizontal?

Mr. Doc was noncommittal on the issue, saying everyone was different. So I don't really know what the deal is....
51 years old. Robotic surgery 3 years ago. Injections worked but now not so much. Seriously considering implant. Not gonna lie. It scares the crap out of me. In the DC and Austin Tx areas. Would be open to discussing on a one to one basis

LMCatman

Re: Coloplast Titan placement in scrotum really low - any advice?

Postby LMCatman » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:57 pm

It may not be as bad as you think. My first pump was too high and migrated to where I couldn't access both buttons. My current one is about a half inch lower than my testicles. Two different girls have pumped me up this week.

As you heal more, you may (probably will) adapt to the position. I don't know of any thing short of another surgery. When my pump "migrated" I was about half inflated for 6 or 8 weeks before my revision. I had a number of issues with my first implant, starting with, poor choice of surgeon....

Good luck!
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:00 pm

My understanding is that during the procedure the surgeon trims the implant tubing to a length that positions the pump where he wants it. It sounds like your tubing could be too long.

Step one is to show and tell your doctor, and see what he recommends.
You're the patient here, the pump should be where you want it.
Worst case, it might require a revision but don't assume that yet.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:26 pm

warrenw wrote:My understanding is that during the procedure the surgeon trims the implant tubing to a length that positions the pump where he wants it. It sounds like your tubing could be too long.

Step one is to show and tell your doctor, and see what he recommends.
You're the patient here, the pump should be where you want it.
Worst case, it might require a revision but don't assume that yet.

Don't tell people that... This isn't Burger King... you don't get it your way. It's a medical procedure... if your a surgeon, do it yourself, if not, back off and let the surgeon do the surgery. It sounds like BrianS pump is exactly where it is suppose to be, otherwise it will be too high and he will have trouble with the deflate button.

Larry

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:39 pm

Larry10625 wrote:Don't tell people that... This isn't Burger King... you don't get it your way. It's a medical procedure... if your a surgeon, do it yourself, if not, back off and let the surgeon do the surgery.

I consulted with three surgeons before my procedure, all discussed pump position with me, what my options were, and what to expect. Perhaps your experience was different.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

BrianS

Postby BrianS » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:09 pm

Don't know if I made this clear or not but the position I put it in artificially is terrific (higher behind the testicles, more of a horizontal position with the pump almost as high as the release valve). I can walk and move about easily. I can inflate and deflate easily.

But it's held there artificially with what can best be described as a pliable rubber band sortof thing (a cock ring basically)

And yes. I have an appointment next with with my very good local urologist to discuss.

But I guess I'm looking to see what people's experiences have been with when and how the pump places permanently. I understand that basically tissue / muscle grows up around it, and once that's done that's your placement.

I am just wondering if everyone's final placement is low in the scrotum, with the pump itself below the testicles, in a very vertical position (the release valve clearly directly above the pump). Or if it's possible to heal in a more horizontal position, with the pump up higher at the same level basically as the release valve.
51 years old. Robotic surgery 3 years ago. Injections worked but now not so much. Seriously considering implant. Not gonna lie. It scares the crap out of me. In the DC and Austin Tx areas. Would be open to discussing on a one to one basis

BrianS

Postby BrianS » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:11 pm

Warren yes I did discuss position. But ultimately I left it to the surgeon. Other than in front of the testicles vs behind the testicles there wasn't a lot of discussion about 'high vs low' or vertical vs horizontal.... that's where I get lost......

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:22 pm

Sounds about right to me.
Mine is at the bottom and so therefore has its own spot which allows for ease of pumping
Perfect
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:24 pm

Brian,
I have an AMS LGX, but wanted to chime in. Following my implant surgery almost 6 months ago I was surprised when I first unwrapped the packing that had been wrapped around my junk post-surgery and saw my pump low in my scrotum, below my balls. My scrotum came to somewhat of a point. It was very tender to sit down because the pump pushed up against my balls. Up until about age 50 I had lowhanging balls, but after a doctor had me use Androgel, my balls shrank and my sac tightened up. When I asked my surgeon about the pump placement, he said he wanted the pump to clear my testicles so it was easy for me to use it. After everything healed it no longer irritated me when I sat down and the pump pushed up. An interesting benefit has been the pump has pushed my scrotum down, in turn making space for my testicles to drop a bit so they are no longer so tight. It feels much more comfortable and conceals the pump so my sac no longer comes to a point. There is enough flexibility now so I can easily use the pump without either testicle getting in the way.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:54 am

Mine is low and vertical but not to the point of causing any problems. It does not move around a whole lot. My Dr said he built a pouch/ shaft for it to ride up and down. When I had the xray for my hip surgery you can see a staple on each side of my sac to keep tubing in place

Return to “Implants”