Need help to make the final decision

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lost Sheep

Re: Need help to make the final decision

Postby Lost Sheep » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:24 pm

Captn20 wrote:
As I summarized my understanding of the different implants, Titan (Coloplast) is harder when it's hard and AMS is softer when it's soft. One's choice depends on what you are looking to acheive and what you want to avoid. For me, harder erection outweighs the , possible, discomfort of more stiff flaccid penis.

Keep in mind that the Coloplast Titan when erect is far stiffer than necessary (or even comfortable for many partners). While the AMS devices are less stiff than Coloplast, they are also far stiffer than necessary (or even comfortable for many partners).

Or put another way (with figures pulled out of thin air.

Penile rigidity factor (minimum) required for sex with your partner: 10
Penile rigidity factor you partner finds ideal 12
Penile rigidity factor your partner finds unaccepably hard 14
Penile rigidity factor available with the Coloplast 18
peile rigidity factor available with the AMS: 15

How much excess stiffness do you need? Or how much excess flaccid stiffness/inconvenience/discomfort are you willing to put up with to have a bunch of excess stiffness?

Caveats:
Men with penile curvature from Payronie's disease or other causes may require the Coloplast's extra stiffness to straighten the bend.
Some men with very long penises may find the AMS actually does not have excess stiffness. The longer a beam is, the easier it is to bend.
The Coloplast does have a larger diameter than the AMS. If you peis is very girthy, the Coloplast may be the proper choice regardless of any rigidity issues.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Captn20

Postby Captn20 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:07 pm

Well put! "Very long...very guirty"; in the absence of a full erection in nearly two years, I'm not sure of my pre-ED dimensions. I'm sure Dr. Eid will assist in choosing the right implant. Based on what I've read, I should be a good candidate for Coloplast.
Captn20
61 yrs old, ED started after prostatectomy May 2016. Surgery May 11, 2018; Dr. Eid Titan 22.

Captn20

Postby Captn20 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:09 pm

Oops! girthy not guirty :)
Captn20
61 yrs old, ED started after prostatectomy May 2016. Surgery May 11, 2018; Dr. Eid Titan 22.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:38 am

Captn20 wrote:Well put! "Very long...very guirty"; in the absence of a full erection in nearly two years, I'm not sure of my pre-ED dimensions. I'm sure Dr. Eid will assist in choosing the right implant. Based on what I've read, I should be a good candidate for Coloplast.

"good for intercourse, not for sex" ????? :? :? :?

Larry

Captn20

Postby Captn20 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:32 pm

Yes Larry, this is how differentiate between the two. With Trimix injection I have "just enough" erection to have intercourse in one or two positions only. It was not adequate for many other positions and not good enough for her to reach full satisfaction. Often the help of tongue, fingers, toys (my helpers, as she calls them) was needed to reach orgasm. This I define, in my ways, as intercourse....very much "just get the job done".
Sex is what I experienced prior to ED and very much like what we watch on movies/clips. Longer sessions, variety of positions, full satisfaction of your partner, multiple orgasm..... all the time every time, simply by having sex. Going WAY OVER "just getting the job done"!
Not sure if it all makes sense to everyone, it does to me. If I was only looking for intercourse, Trimix was probably enough....but I'm not.
Captn20

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:37 am

Captn20 wrote:Yes Larry, this is how differentiate between the two. With Trimix injection I have "just enough" erection to have intercourse in one or two positions only. It was not adequate for many other positions and not good enough for her to reach full satisfaction. Often the help of tongue, fingers, toys (my helpers, as she calls them) was needed to reach orgasm. This I define, in my ways, as intercourse....very much "just get the job done".
Sex is what I experienced prior to ED and very much like what we watch on movies/clips. Longer sessions, variety of positions, full satisfaction of your partner, multiple orgasm..... all the time every time, simply by having sex. Going WAY OVER "just getting the job done"!
Not sure if it all makes sense to everyone, it does to me. If I was only looking for intercourse, Trimix was probably enough....but I'm not.

OK Captn, understood :)

Larry

Return to “Implants”