Implant sizing

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lost Sheep

Re: Implant sizing

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:22 pm

ThePlumber1964 wrote:Just want to chime in with another perspective. In the couple of years I have been around FT, the amount of young people coming here to get advise has grown exponentially. With that in mind, since they are taking action before ED steal penis dimensions, I think it is very appropriate for this brotherhood to avoid the quick dismissing of the length/girth lost topic.

Just my two cents...

ThePlumber

I think most of the discusion here has been divided between two subjects. Losing size but the relative merits off trying to predict the size of the implant that will maintain original size.

Related subhects, sure, but the differences are important to avoid confusion
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:50 pm

ThePlumber1964 wrote:Just want to chime in with another perspective. In the couple of years I have been around FT, the amount of young people coming here to get advise has grown exponentially. With that in mind, since they are taking action before ED steal penis dimensions, I think it is very appropriate for this brotherhood to avoid the quick dismissal of the length/girth lost topic.

Just my two cents...

ThePlumber

Plumber,
I think it is great that more guys are finding FT and trying to become informed. I think all of the concerns about lost size are very valid and important. I was there myself. My point was just that there are no promises when it comes to ED and implants. Some of us lose size from ED, Prostatectomy, etc. and others don't. Some of lose size from implant surgery and some don't. Some of us regain size following an implant and some don't. You have to go into the decision to have an implant without false hopes of size that may not come. If your goal is function, chances are you will be happy and size is icing on the cake.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:07 pm

star_of_pramen wrote:I am trying to figure out how a surgeon can accurately size your implant to prevent floopy head etc. From my understanding, when your surgeon decides which implant size to use, they have conducted either a stretch test or an injection test to see the what size can be accomodated.

However, in the scenario where they perform the stretch test, what happens if your stretch penis is significantly smaller than your fully erect penis? I assume this is the case for most people, for example my erect penis is 6.5" but my stretch is 5-5.5". Does this mean my surgeon will fit me with an implant that is 5" and I will lose 1.5 inches?

I am being implanted 31st May and am curious....

Short answer: Implant size can only be PROPERLY determined by measuring the length of the space wherein each inflatable tube will be placed. This is accomplished by inserting a tool into the penis from the incision up to the glans and again from the incision down into the crus. The two measurements are added together and implant length selected (and adjsted with RTEs as necessaty) to match that sum. Each side of the penis is measured independently.

This is ONLY done DURING the surgery.

Judgement of the surgeon on how "tight" to make the fit can make a huge difference in how far the distal tips extend into the glans, which can affect comfort during sex as well as "floppy head" syndrome. An experiencd surgeon or at least one who will take your desires into accouht as well as his own pride in his work

Well, I THOUGHT it would be short.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

shooter1000

Postby shooter1000 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:18 pm

One more suggestion. Go to youtube and watch a bunch of Dr. Kramers videos and Eid's if you can find his. watch carefully as the measurements are taken proximal and distal...up and down and added together. A key to success is also the surgeon experience and feel as to upsizing a little. The stretching is more about giving you realistic expectations than it is about the surgeons sizing.

The other comment on your question are from some of the best guys on FT. You should have a good feel by now.

GLWS
Age 75 Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 03/22/2017. AMS 700 LGX 18 CM with 2 Cm RTE for a total of 20 CM. Previously used injections over 1000 no scarring

Spikepork

Postby Spikepork » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:22 am

There is a vast client/consultant relationship difference it appears between the UK and USA that should also be co soldered. In the UK we still do not press the experts and they don’t expect to be pressed for info and answers. It’s a very British thing!!
Now Implanted 9/12/17. 52 years old with ED for over 20 years. Tried all the pills and injections. Update. Implanted with Titan 22 + 1. by DR Ralph Dec 9th London. Now in recovery and at 3 months feeling the journey was worth the pain.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:40 am

Greg1956 wrote:
ThePlumber1964 wrote:Just want to chime in with another perspective. In the couple of years I have been around FT, the amount of young people coming here to get advise has grown exponentially. With that in mind, since they are taking action before ED steal penis dimensions, I think it is very appropriate for this brotherhood to avoid the quick dismissal of the length/girth lost topic.

Just my two cents...

ThePlumber

Plumber,
I think it is great that more guys are finding FT and trying to become informed. I think all of the concerns about lost size are very valid and important. I was there myself. My point was just that there are no promises when it comes to ED and implants. Some of us lose size from ED, Prostatectomy, etc. and others don't. Some of lose size from implant surgery and some don't. Some of us regain size following an implant and some don't. You have to go into the decision to have an implant without false hopes of size that may not come. If your goal is function, chances are you will be happy and size is icing on the cake.

Greg

Greg, I agree 100%. Plumber, while I don't disagree with you, I personally think that having a functional schlong is MUCH more important than how long or fat you are. Everything I have read suggests that the spot that the man must hit on the woman is just inside the vagina and a 7" weapon is not necessary. I believe that the atypical gift of meat (which I believe you have as well) is NOT the norm... sure I would love to stand in front of the mirror for hours admiring my Johnson but, that's just not going to happen. I have been unhappy with the size of my dick my entire life, so I can't expect miracles now. I just have to be happy with what I have (that works) and stop grasping at straws. :)

Larry

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:52 pm

Guys,

My point here is that if a young brother, which has not have size lost, or minimal, it is a genuine concern. My ED onset was at 49. I took care of it immediately via oral medications, injections, etc. And when Implant was the only option left, I jumped into the uncharted waters because I did not want to lose my sexual life, nor lose any size.

Most people here have had lost due to prostecomy, ED, etc., and it is preferable to have any erection to have an unusable penis. They are not at that stage; they want, just as I wanted, to preserve as much as possible, and it is a very legitimate concern.

ThePlumber
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:38 pm

Plumber,
I completely agree. I wish all of the advances in this field that are available today had been available to me long ago as I would have jumped sooner like you did.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Blazz99

Postby Blazz99 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:30 pm

My pre-op stretch test was 4.5 inches, surgeon planned on putting in a 12 CM implant with the rte’s. I mentioned to him that I did not want the surgery if I would end up with a less than 5 inch of usable length. He assured me I would.
After surgery he told me that he was very surprised and was able to put in a 25 cm implant, which made no sense to me. How could it be double in size? To me, that should mean I will have at least 8 inches of usable length, but looking at it now, one week post-op, there’s no way. It’s only about 4.5 at 10% inflated
51 yr old, diabetic, ED for ten yrs, 25 cm Titan Coloplast plus RTE’s. Implanted 03/08/18

Spikepork

Postby Spikepork » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:46 am

You don’t mention who your surgeon was or where? This helps with discussion?
Now Implanted 9/12/17. 52 years old with ED for over 20 years. Tried all the pills and injections. Update. Implanted with Titan 22 + 1. by DR Ralph Dec 9th London. Now in recovery and at 3 months feeling the journey was worth the pain.

Return to “Implants”