Confused about length after swelling goes down

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Blazz99

Confused about length after swelling goes down

Postby Blazz99 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:29 pm

I had an implant put in on 3/8/18. Urologist originally told me I would be getting a 12 cm implant with an inch of extenders and about an inch for the head, so about 6.87 inches. I was worried that a lot would be lost underneath and I would end up with very small penis, which I mentioned to him a few times. My length when I was younger was about 6 inches.
Come surgery day I was hoping for at least 5 inches of usable length, dr performed implant and afterwards told me he was pleasantly surprised and was able to install a 25 cm implant plus the extenders, which didn’t make sense, how could he be that far off.
He said he performs about 300 implants per year. And the average is 18 cm.
Right now in recovery, about 10% inflated, when I measure my penis with a ruler pushed in to the bone on top, it measures only about 4.5 inches. How much longer should I expect once swelling goes down and I am able to inflate more?
One thing that is very good so far is that the pain is minimal, way better than I had expected after reading many of the comments on here over the past few months. No narcotics, using naproxen and antibiotics, implant installed through the top not the scrotum, stitches on the circumsision scar.
51 yr old, diabetic, ED for ten yrs, 25 cm Titan Coloplast plus RTE’s. Implanted 03/08/18

Greg1956

Re: Confused about length after swelling goes down

Postby Greg1956 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:45 pm

I had surgery 9/18/17. I was left partially erect and I measured when I removed the original gauze wrapping and it was 4”. The stretched flaccid test was 4.5” so I assumed that was what I would end up with. When I first started pumping more I could only get a few pumps in before the bulb got too hard to get more. At that point fully pumped it measured 4.5”. As the pump loosened up and my penis healed, I could pump up more and soon was at 6”. I have an AMS LGX so now that I am cycling it is possible I may gain more.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:56 pm

Welcome and congrats on your implant. Maybe the doc was meaning to say 15cm and that was a surprise over the original 12cm. Just a guess but you can follow up on that. You did not say what implant you have. The AMS LGX is made to expand in length and girth if your tissue allows. And many have written that over up to 2 years there have been gains. The AMS web site says up to 25%. So if you have the 15cm LGX it could expand 3.75cm or to 18.75. That is if your tissue allows it.

But that is all just a guess. Unless you have the specific numbers and make and model of your implant it will just be guessing.

Take care and best of luck with your new implant. I should be joining you in about 10 days.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Blazz99

Postby Blazz99 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:24 pm

Not sure which model implant it is, but definitely 25 cm according to Dr. I verified several times with him, even to the point of converting to inches. 25cm=10” plus extenders, he said 13” total . Looking at my current length 10% inflated, it doesn’t add up. I would make the assumption that 13 inches minus approx 4 inches lost behind scrotum, that would mean 9 inches showing, or twice my current measurable length at 10% pumped
I was thinking maybe he was just trying to appease me but obviously the truth will show eventually, so that doesn’t make much sense either
My original length was about 6 inches, who gains that much length, it should be smaller from what I’ve read
51 yr old, diabetic, ED for ten yrs, 25 cm Titan Coloplast plus RTE’s. Implanted 03/08/18

jackhammerdreamz

Postby jackhammerdreamz » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:48 am

Blazz99 wrote:I had an implant put in on 3/8/18. Urologist originally told me I would be getting a 12 cm implant with an inch of extenders and about an inch for the head, so about 6.87 inches. I was worried that a lot would be lost underneath and I would end up with very small penis, which I mentioned to him a few times. My length when I was younger was about 6 inches.
Come surgery day I was hoping for at least 5 inches of usable length, dr performed implant and afterwards told me he was pleasantly surprised and was able to install a 25 cm implant plus the extenders, which didn’t make sense, how could he be that far off.
He said he performs about 300 implants per year. And the average is 18 cm.
Right now in recovery, about 10% inflated, when I measure my penis with a ruler pushed in to the bone on top, it measures only about 4.5 inches. How much longer should I expect once swelling goes down and I am able to inflate more?
One thing that is very good so far is that the pain is minimal, way better than I had expected after reading many of the comments on here over the past few months. No narcotics, using naproxen and antibiotics, implant installed through the top not the scrotum, stitches on the circumsision scar.

You'll have to wait and see what it looks like in a few days.
That is quite confusion saying 12cm and then to 25cm+extenders. Perhaps the 12cm was how much would be useable? aka 4.7" usable? and the 25cm of course being the full length of the implant?
Either way 10% pump is not much at all. You'll probably pump to another inch plus the size of your glans will increase with arousal so you're looking at maybe around 6" of pipe when you're fully pumped and stimulated.
remember though that is just MY completely blind guess

Hang in there brother. You're early on in the healing! You got plenty of time to pump and measure that thing.
Try not to worry too much, I know it's easy to start feeling down about any part of the process.
Your dick will be great and you'll be pounding pussy in no time!
39yr old
Revision installed 1/2/2024
Coloplast w/ Genesis pump
PenoScrotal 20cm + 3cm RTE(right) & 2cm RTE(left)
-
Initial install: 2/6/2018
Coloplast Titan Touch
PenoScrotal 20cm + 1.5RTE
Failure: 9/2/2023
-
Dr. Bodie U of MN
ED for 20+ years

Return to “Implants”