Any tips for someone two weeks out from implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Ruktitan

Any tips for someone two weeks out from implant

Postby Ruktitan » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:45 pm

Hello all. My surgery date is two weeks today. Just wondering if anyone has any tips or advice on recovery or what to expect over the days after. Im feeling very nervous but looking forward to having solid erections again without the worry of having to always carry injections for a 60% erecrion.

Any guys in uk been implanted in london?
Thanks
29 years old. Suffered with ED since 17. No known cause. First Implanted date 23/3/2018. Cylinders way too short and revised by different surgeon 2019. 22cm titan.
Cylinders still short and now pump is upside down and protruding. Awaiting 3rd revision

newbie443

Re: Any tips for someone two weeks out from implant

Postby newbie443 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:21 pm

I will have surgery just 2 days before you do. I am pretty happy right now and looking forward to it. There are a bunch of guys on this site that have gone through this and many more that have that are not on this site. Odds are in our favor on this one. I am ready for this to happen. Part of my life has been gone for long enough and I want it back. I may get a bout of nerves over the next few months while I go through this. In the past the guys on this site have been great to help me through those spots. You are in the right place to ask questions.

From what I read the first 48 hours are really important to stay in bed and ice. But follow your doc's instructions. They very a bit. Some on this site say to stay ahead of the pain with the meds your doc's prescribes and others say there was just discomfort and only used Tylenol. Guess I will find out a couple of days before you do weather I will need the script meds or not.

Take care. I wish it was this week and we both were starting our recovery.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Spikepork

Postby Spikepork » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:04 pm

Hi there. I’m 13 weeks post op in London. If you want to chat PM me.
Now Implanted 9/12/17. 52 years old with ED for over 20 years. Tried all the pills and injections. Update. Implanted with Titan 22 + 1. by DR Ralph Dec 9th London. Now in recovery and at 3 months feeling the journey was worth the pain.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:18 pm

Hi,
I am 5 1/2 months post-op. My advice is focus on the positive aspects of what you are about to do. There is no benefit from worrying. Going into surgery believing it is all going to be great will help it be great. Beyond that just listen to the directions your doctor gives you and follow them to a T. If you have questions either leading up to your implant or after, there are many guys here who have been through it and can help you. Although we have the firsthand experience most implant surgeons do not have, they are the experts who know and understand your specific situation. Best wishes.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:09 pm

Ruktitan wrote:Hello all. My surgery date is two weeks today. Just wondering if anyone has any tips or advice on recovery or what to expect over the days after. Im feeling very nervous but looking forward to having solid erections again without the worry of having to always carry injections for a 60% erecrion.

Thanks

Visit" Broken Boner radio" on the internet. You say you don't know why you have ED. The host on broken boner had the same problem.It may help you understand the WHY. I don't have any input to your question, jest thought knowing may help in your quest.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:21 pm

Ruktitan wrote:Hello all. My surgery date is two weeks today. Just wondering if anyone has any tips or advice on recovery or what to expect over the days after. Im feeling very nervous but looking forward to having solid erections again without the worry of having to always carry injections for a 60% erecrion.

Thanks

Get yourself a bag of frozen peas or corn or navy beans to use as an ice pack.

Larry

Return to “Implants”