Genesis Implant Experience

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
jackhammerdreamz

Re: Genesis Implant Experience

Postby jackhammerdreamz » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:44 am

Genesis wrote:Laying in the Urgent Care Center right now.
You would not believe that crap I have had go through to get this drain removed for these past 3 days.
Monday and most of Tuesday we're spent on the phone coordinating between home health care and my insurance.
Rest of Tuesday and Today I have been calling every hospital, urologist, urgent healthcare, and primary doctor trying to find someone willing to do it.
After all my calls my options were to go to the ER or to drive 400 miles there and back to Tampa.
I had the idea to go into a urgent Care center and say I needed stitches removed.
The physician took a look and said she won't remove the stitches without a doctor's order.
Waiting to hear back now.

Update: Success!! They faxed the doctor's order was faxed over and the beautiful physician removed the stitches and drain in the matter of a minute.

YAY I'm glad you were able to get it taken care of!!

As noted by Greg and Larry, yes cold is for swelling.
I found it unnecessary/unhelpful and the aching sack/shaft did better with heat FOR ME.
It should go without saying that our opinions or comments on here are to be taken as simply that.
Follow doctor instructions over what me or anyone else says.
I certainly didn't mean for you to disregard any doctors orders, if anyone thinks I did it wasn't my intention.

Keep resting up!

Cheers
39yr old
Revision installed 1/2/2024
Coloplast w/ Genesis pump
PenoScrotal 20cm + 3cm RTE(right) & 2cm RTE(left)
-
Initial install: 2/6/2018
Coloplast Titan Touch
PenoScrotal 20cm + 1.5RTE
Failure: 9/2/2023
-
Dr. Bodie U of MN
ED for 20+ years

Genesis

Postby Genesis » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:27 pm

jackhammerdreamz wrote:
Genesis wrote:Laying in the Urgent Care Center right now.
You would not believe that crap I have had go through to get this drain removed for these past 3 days.
Monday and most of Tuesday we're spent on the phone coordinating between home health care and my insurance.
Rest of Tuesday and Today I have been calling every hospital, urologist, urgent healthcare, and primary doctor trying to find someone willing to do it.
After all my calls my options were to go to the ER or to drive 400 miles there and back to Tampa.
I had the idea to go into a urgent Care center and say I needed stitches removed.
The physician took a look and said she won't remove the stitches without a doctor's order.
Waiting to hear back now.

Update: Success!! They faxed the doctor's order was faxed over and the beautiful physician removed the stitches and drain in the matter of a minute.

YAY I'm glad you were able to get it taken care of!!

As noted by Greg and Larry, yes cold is for swelling.
I found it unnecessary/unhelpful and the aching sack/shaft did better with heat FOR ME.
It should go without saying that our opinions or comments on here are to be taken as simply that.
Follow doctor instructions over what me or anyone else says.
I certainly didn't mean for you to disregard any doctors orders, if anyone thinks I did it wasn't my intention.

Keep resting up!

Cheers

Thanks JackHammer!
Im feeling so good that I will be returning to work tomorrow, just 7 days after surgery.
Really happy with how things are progressing so far and I look forward to the upcoming milestones.

Update: Day 7

Went back to work today for a short 4 hour shift.
It was pretty uncomfortable and I questioned my decision several times.
I could not get my pants off any quicker as soon as I got home.

For future shifts I will take a break every hour or two.
Mid 30's
Never had an erection suitable for sex
Tried Pills, Pump, and Shots with no success
Implanted with a Titan One Touch on March 9th 2018 by Dr. Carrion in Tampa.
18cm with 1.5 and 2cm RTE's. 125cc Reservoir with 90cc filled.

Genesis

Postby Genesis » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:53 pm

Started cycling on day 10 and now I'm feeling depressed.

I don't understand why my surgeon insisted on Titan for me.
No scar tissue/peyronies, dick has very little weight to it, SPL was 6.5", and girth was around 5.5".

The tips fall short of the half way point up the glands.

What's the point of it getting so hard? It doesn't feel natural.
Without engorgement it feels like a thin layer of skin covering two steel pipes.

How much does the titan stretch in length?
The ability of the LGX to expand sounds so appealing right now. Not to mention the softer, more natural feeling cylinders.

If you have a long or thick or heavy, or bent dick, then yeah, the Titan makes sense.

But for me...

I don't know right now.
Mid 30's

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:31 pm

Only the LGX is adverised as legnth. You are only 5 weeks. If you d9nt have the patience to let everything heal then perhaps you made the wrong decession to get an implant

Genesis

Postby Genesis » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:40 pm

hturner12 wrote:Only the LGX is adverised as legnth. You are only 5 weeks. If you d9nt have the patience to let everything heal then perhaps you made the wrong decession to get an implant

I'm only 12 days actually.

I know getting an implant was my best and only real option. Im just seriously questioning why the top surgeons seem to always favor the Titan, even for guys of average size with no need of the extra stiffness.
Mid 30's

TomW46

Postby TomW46 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:51 am

I wonder about that also. I am only average size. I wanted the more natural look and feel of the LGX but my Doctor chose the Titan. It seems that the high volume Doctors prefer the Coloplast. But, is that because they have determined that the Titan is a better product based on their large volume of experience? Or, is it that for some people one is better than the other? If so, then I wish they would bother to explain exactly why they chose one over the other.

Did Doctor Carrion use the infrapubic or penoscrotal method? I'm in the Tampa area and could use a good local Urologist.
Age 72, wife is 52. 20+1 cm Titan Touch implanted by Dr. Kramer on 18 October 2017. Revision to AMS LGX 21+2 cm on 11 June 2018 by Dr. Carrion at Tampa General. Age-related ED + slight Peyronies bend (left) and slight hourglass in the center.

Genesis

Postby Genesis » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:08 pm

TomW46 wrote:I wonder about that also. I am only average size. I wanted the more natural look and feel of the LGX but my Doctor chose the Titan. It seems that the high volume Doctors prefer the Coloplast. But, is that because they have determined that the Titan is a better product based on their large volume of experience? Or, is it that for some people one is better than the other? If so, then I wish they would bother to explain exactly why they chose one over the other.

Did Doctor Carrion use the infrapubic or penoscrotal method? I'm in the Tampa area and could use a good local Urologist.

I don't know the answer to that. I have noticed Kramer seems to use both AMS and Titan in large volume so he might be the person to ask as to why he prefers one or other based on the patient.
Dr. Carrion was adamant that Titan was the right choice for me. His reason why when I ask is that the AMS has higher tendency to bend where the Titan will remain rigid on cylinders 16cm and greater. He uses the example of a beam and the longer the beam the greater the chance it will bend.
But from everything I've heard from FrankTalk brothers, the AMS is more than rigid enough and in most cases fully pumping up is not needed or preferred.

Now that I know how to fully deflate, flaccid feels pretty natural. The only thing I'm really counting on is for my penis/the cylinders to stretch over time with continued cycling.
I'm only getting 12-15 pumps in now so when I can get 25-30 in my size should double right? ;)

Dr. Carrion prefers the penoscrotal incision when possible.
He's a fantastic urologist/surgeon and a good choice for you especially if you live in the area.
Mid 30's

Genesis

Postby Genesis » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:45 pm

Had my 2 week followup with Dr. Carrion on Wednesday. He really helped ease my concerns and got me excited for the future.
I found out my cylinders were slightly longer due to the use of RTE's, so that was a nice surprise.

He assured me that Titan was the way to go in my case. Also that the excess skin that was tucked into my sac will go away, and that the tips are far enough into the glans.

He wants me to keep my balls tightly supported and dick pointed up for 3 months(!) when he saw how much pressure was being placed on the tips with the way I was wearing it.

I also got a copy of the surgery notes and that was very interesting to learn exactly what occurred while I was out.

He pumped me up harder than I've ever been and it was quite uncomfortable.
He told me to pump up that way for 2 hours a day and that there is a study that shows slow but continual growth with the Titan over a 2 year period.

He said I was healing very well and cleared me for normal activities including sex on April 4th!

I'm still getting used to the new me but now I feel more optimistic for the future.
Experiencing how things get better every day is pretty awesome.
Mid 30's

Ruktitan

Postby Ruktitan » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:57 pm

Genesis wrote:Had my 2 week followup with Dr. Carrion on Wednesday. He really helped ease my concerns and got me excited for the future.
I found out my cylinders were slightly longer due to the use of RTE's, so that was a nice surprise.

He assured me that Titan was the way to go in my case. Also that the excess skin that was tucked into my sac will go away, and that the tips are far enough into the glans.

He wants me to keep my balls tightly supported and dick pointed up for 3 months(!) when he saw how much pressure was being placed on the tips with the way I was wearing it.

I also got a copy of the surgery notes and that was very interesting to learn exactly what occurred while I was out.

He pumped me up harder than I've ever been and it was quite uncomfortable.
He told me to pump up that way for 2 hours a day and that there is a study that shows slow but continual growth with the Titan over a 2 year period.

He said I was healing very well and cleared me for normal activities including sex on April 4th!

I'm still getting used to the new me but now I feel more optimistic for the future.
Experiencing how things get better every day is pretty awesome.

What did he mean about excess skin tucked into your sack will dissappear?
Regards
29 years old. Suffered with ED since 17. No known cause. First Implanted date 23/3/2018. Cylinders way too short and revised by different surgeon 2019. 22cm titan.
Cylinders still short and now pump is upside down and protruding. Awaiting 3rd revision

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:02 pm

Wow, April 4th is almost here. You have really healed quickly to be cleared for sex so quickly. Congratulations. Here’s to you, your future, and worry-free erections!

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Return to “Implants”