Genesis Implant Experience

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Genesis

Re: Genesis Implant Experience

Postby Genesis » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:46 am

Day 1 - Post Op Blues.
My surgery was held at the Morsani center. The staff there are top notch, everyone I came into contact with we're very friendly and attentive.
Everything was right on time and orderly. They explained each part of the process as we went along, so that was comforting.
Within 30 seconds of breathing through the mask in the surgery room my memory is blank. I must have went right out. They probably liked me too because I was such a simple, easy going patient; not on any meds, in decent shape and no history of medical issues or allergies.
I woke up from a dream in recovery. I had forgotten I was even doing surgery, took me a minute to realize it was already over.

Dr. Carrion had already left to the VA center before we got the chance to talk. The assisting surgeon gave me a quick rundown on the surgery but I barely remember anything we talked about. Only that they used 18 and 18.5 cm cylinders, I was expecting bigger.
Recovery was much different than I was expecting, and for the most part I think they have a very effective system in place.
I was shocked to find out there was no catheter. Instead I had a JP blood drain connected to my testicles.
All I had to do was urinate and I was a free man, EZPZ.
Except it wasn't. 2 hours, 5 glasses of water and 1 ginger ale later all I had to show for it was a full bladder, I just could not piss.
Now it was time to get the full catheter experience! It was uncomfortable and awkward feeling, even pissing felt weird and we only emptied about 3/4 of my bladder. They chose to go with a one time use cath so no foley for me. I was good to go but if I couldn't piss on my own by 10pm that night I would have to go to the hospital.

The 3.5 hour drive home was interesting. The physical pain was fine but emotionally and psychologically I was a mess. I was feeling very agitated the entire day, like I could snap at anyone and had NO filter.
I was expecting to feel euphoric post up, not down in the dumps.

We had to run a few errands before I could finally rest in my bed and get some ice on my junk. Drop off the rental car, Uber to Publix for meds and food. By the time I finally got home I was done with everything and everyone.

After several uncomfortable minutes I was finally able to piss on my own, HUGE relief.
For being 1 day post op my dick and balls look damn good. Hardly any swelling or discoloration. I believe that is thanks to the JP drain. Why isn't this standard procedure? Or is it and it's just something I overlooked?

I took an oxy before bed and was out fast. I can even sleep on my side which was a nice surprise.

I woke up this morning feeling 100x better emotionally. I'm really happy with how the healing process is going so far.

I can't thank you all enough.
Mid 30's
Never had an erection suitable for sex
Tried Pills, Pump, and Shots with no success
Implanted with a Titan One Touch on March 9th 2018 by Dr. Carrion in Tampa.
18cm with 1.5 and 2cm RTE's. 125cc Reservoir with 90cc filled.

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:11 am

Glad you are doing good. I had a blo9d dra8n also but mine stayed in 2 days. You mentioned dissppointment in size. Remember any preop discussion of size is a guesstimate. They can not not exact ddize untill thry are in there

Genesis

Postby Genesis » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:35 am

hturner12 wrote:Glad you are doing good. I had a blo9d dra8n also but mine stayed in 2 days. You mentioned dissppointment in size. Remember any preop discussion of size is a guesstimate. They can not not exact ddize untill thry are in there

Thanks Turner. A mobile nurse will coming to the house to remove the drain on Monday. Yesterday I drained a lot but it's barely bleeding now. Good sign! I'm still sore af but it's manageable, just moving VERRRY gingerly.

I knew it was a guestimate going in but I was hoping to end up on the high side of the estimate.
Hopefully I will be satisfied with the finished product.
Mid 30's

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:13 am

Happy to hear you are doing well and I have one comment for you. You say you never have had an erection suitable for sex. Your implant, no matter it’s final length, is a miracle because you will be able to fully enjoy sex with a partner or jacking off on your own. Embrace whatever you have.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Genesis

Postby Genesis » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:30 am

Greg1956 wrote:Happy to hear you are doing well and I have one comment for you. You say you never have had an erection suitable for sex. Your implant, no matter it’s final length, is a miracle because you will be able to fully enjoy sex with a partner or jacking off on your own. Embrace whatever you have.

Greg

Yeah I know. It's going to be amazing.
Thanks Greg. :)
Mid 30's

trekfish

Postby trekfish » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:48 pm

I had that drain bladder attached, hated it, was a relief when they removed it, then I was afraid my scrotum would swell up, but it didn't, the tube goes way in there, it all gets better, I just wish carrion gave me a 24 cm implant, I seem to have extra room for growth, but it works.
I'm a c-4 quadriplegic incomplete as of 1/1/11. I'm 66 years old with ed for for 6 years, went to dr. Raphael Carrion at the VA and am waiting for an appointment to perform an implant with a titan. Titan implanted on 12/8/17, 22cm with 1.5 cm rtes.

Genesis

Postby Genesis » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:20 pm

trekfish wrote:I had that drain bladder attached, hated it, was a relief when they removed it, then I was afraid my scrotum would swell up, but it didn't, the tube goes way in there, it all gets better, I just wish carrion gave me a 24 cm implant, I seem to have extra room for growth, but it works.

Good to know, I had the same concern of the swelling when the drain is removed. I'm a little more swollen today but its not grapefruit sized.
How do you know you have extra room? Carrion told me he is aggressive when sizing so long as its not harmful.

These early days are rough.
Mid 30's

trekfish

Postby trekfish » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:48 pm

Yeah, that tubing pulled out a little and I pushed it back in, before I realized I might be causing an infection.
about 7 days later I pulled the stitches, didn't have to cut them.

I talked to carrion about maximizing the size, I told him I was a little over 7 in length and 6 1/4 in girth, I'm now 6 1/2 in length (bonepressed) and 5 1/4 in circumference, the length is not the problem although I would be happier with 10 inches :o the difference between 5 1/4 and 6 1/4 is a lot and the skin around the shaft is very loose.

But we can still have decent sex, but like most guys it's never enough for me.
I'm a c-4 quadriplegic incomplete as of 1/1/11. I'm 66 years old with ed for for 6 years, went to dr. Raphael Carrion at the VA and am waiting for an appointment to perform an implant with a titan. Titan implanted on 12/8/17, 22cm with 1.5 cm rtes.

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:10 pm

Are you sure you have enough fluid on the reservoir? That 1” girth reduction with a Titan is not making any sense.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

trekfish

Postby trekfish » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:31 pm

Yeah,
I thought maybe they put a narrow base titan in me, so I checked, but the longest narrow base is 16 and I have a 22cm implant.

On a couple of occasions I've pumped to the max and the pump wouldn't refill, but the cylinders are hard and my penis is flat 2 inches in diameter across the top but flat and not shaped like before.I'd be pissed if they didn't add enough saline,

Return to “Implants”