Pre op VED and traction. Does it make a difference?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Tryin2hard

Pre op VED and traction. Does it make a difference?

Postby Tryin2hard » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:32 pm

Hey Guys, Had my pre op phone consult with Dr. Eid, got my cardiac clearance and just waiting for a surgery date. Like every other pre bionic
brother I am excited and apprehensive but I am committed. The idea of not being able to f**k my beautiful girl friend the way I would like overrides all other considerations. Bring it on.
So this is my dilemma, when I asked Dr. Eid about traction and using a VED before the operation his response "was go ahead but it won't make any difference". This runs contrary to the postings I have been reading. On a good day I can hit 5.5" and hate the idea of losing any of the length I have left. Peronies has already taken an inch or so and Im worried my implant may take another. Doesn't leave much for me. I know he likes the Coloplast but I hear of guys gaining length with the AMS. Ultimately I will follow his advice but figure it can't hurt to ask the question on this forum.This site has helped me so much,thanks to all who take the time. Any comments are welcome.
68 yrs old. Peyronies diagnosed 3 years ago. tried pills and Trimix injections. Implanted April 13 2018. 18 cm ams lgx with 1 cm rte by Dr. Eid.

ThePlumber1964

Re: Pre op VED and traction. Does it make a difference?

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:51 pm

Probably at this late period, it may not make a difference. Two, three months in another story based on the published papers. (http://file.scirp.org/pdf/ASM_2013012514045982.pdf)
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:07 pm

ThePlumber1964 wrote:Probably at this late period, it may not make a difference. Two, three months in another story based on the published papers. (http://file.scirp.org/pdf/ASM_2013012514045982.pdf)

I believe these are the two most often cited papers on the subject.
A pilot study to determine penile oxygen saturation before and after vacuum therapy in patients with erectile dysfunction after radical prostatectomy.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24506138

and then there are the cautions listed here
http://penis-enlargement.org/pump_injuries.htm

The Sellers-Dineen paper does mention a lack of good studies on the subject of pre-op vacuum prep. Few doctors seem to believe it helps but I have heard of no surgeon who believes it hurts in the four most often cited areas of advantage. Length, girth, ease of insertion of the implant or ease of recovery.

Having pumped for nearly a year (while I was researching Surgeons), I recovered length lost to long-term E.D. It was not very much and it did take months, not days to achieve that recovery. But every little bit helps. I did not take girth measurements I am sad to report.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:11 pm

Tryin2hard wrote:... when I asked Dr. Eid about traction and using a VED before the operation his response "was go ahead but it won't make any difference".
I asked that same question of Dr Eid 3 months before my surgery, and received the same answer. However, I didn't lose any noticeable size from peyronies or from the implant.

At the pre-op consultation he will tell you which device is best suited for your anatomy. He will also do a stretch test and measurement after injection to estimate your post-implant length. He was right on in my case.

He said either AMS or Coloplast would work for me and I went with his recommendation of the Titan. I had concerns about getting the smallest pump size and minimizing tubing so I could return to bicycling, and I'm very pleased with his choice. You are in good hands with Dr Eid.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:59 pm

Tryin2hard wrote:Hey Guys, Had my pre op phone consult with Dr. Eid, got my cardiac clearance and just waiting for a surgery date. Like every other pre bionic
brother I am excited and apprehensive but I am committed. The idea of not being able to f**k my beautiful girl friend the way I would like overrides all other considerations. Bring it on.
So this is my dilemma, when I asked Dr. Eid about traction and using a VED before the operation his response "was go ahead but it won't make any difference". This runs contrary to the postings I have been reading. On a good day I can hit 5.5" and hate the idea of losing any of the length I have left. Peronies has already taken an inch or so and Im worried my implant may take another. Doesn't leave much for me. I know he likes the Coloplast but I hear of guys gaining length with the AMS. Ultimately I will follow his advice but figure it can't hurt to ask the question on this forum.This site has helped me so much,thanks to all who take the time. Any comments are welcome.

Well, unless Dr. Eid has an implant how in the hell would he know? There are MANY members on here who have used it with results, these members I consider experts, not doctors who are guessing.

Larry

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:15 pm

Larry10625 wrote:
Tryin2hard wrote:(edited for focus) ...when I asked Dr. Eid about traction and using a VED before the operation his response "was go ahead but it won't make any difference".

Well, unless Dr. Eid has an implant how in the hell would he know? There are MANY members on here who have used it with results, these members I consider experts, not doctors who are guessing.

Larry

It MIGHT be because he has seen a few more implants before and after implantation than most men. Certainly more than I (who has only seen one) or most of the men here (I cannot recall anyone who has had more than 6). Dr. Eid has seen hundreds, before and after implant and has that sizable knowledge base from which to draw his conclusions.

Having said that, he is an implanter, and as expert as he is and as caring of his patients, he is not primarily a researcher.

So, he DOES have ways of knowing. Just as I do. His perspective is different than mine. And his objectives, too.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

pianoman

Postby pianoman » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:01 pm

Yes it will make a difference. I got my first implant 10/21/2011 AMS LGX 21 cm. It failed in Oct. 2017 Got my coloplast titan Xl 24cm. on 12/28/17 After first implant I was 6.5 inches. With this new Titan I now measure 8.25 inches I did use a VED for 2 mos prior to both implants.

My procedure:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGKL0XDDHYQ
Pianoman married 73 yrs old 1st implant on Oct. 21, 2011 AMS LGX 700 21 cm. By McHugh Failed Oct. 15, 2017 Found Dr. Hakky Atl, Ga Got 2nd. implant Dec. 28, 20017 Coloplast Titan XL 24cm. procedure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGKL0XDDHYQ

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:46 am

Dr. Eid ist an excellent surgeon but he doesn't know anything about VED. Of course it helps - a lot! It took me a couple of years until I received my implant, but in the meantime I used a VED every single day twice. For 2 x 30 minutes. Because of that I didn't lose anything and after the operation the recovery was very quick. I forgot already a couple of details but I think after three weeks I have had the first sex already. Very gentle just to see how it goes. I was hardly inside her when I came. What a big surprise for the two of us.

No matter whether your operation will be in a couple of months or just a few days, get a VED and use it twice a day 30 minutes each. Important: warm up your dick for 15 minutes, either with a very warm cloth or a infrared light. That's extremely important!!! Then put
your thing into the pump and slowly go to the maximum. Hold it for 10 seconds after that release the pressure completely. Then start again etc etc. About VED I have read articles, books and joined forums - I'm not giving bad advise.
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

Return to “Implants”