Appetite/Mobiity

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Vagabond127

Appetite/Mobiity

Postby Vagabond127 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:59 pm

I just checked the research function for appetite and mobility. I got sexual appetite and dexterity with the pump. So I'm asking the question even if it has already been asked before. Sorry.

I will be staying at The Bentley by myself for 3 nights. Are you able to move to go to the store? Is walking to the bath room a project in and of itself? How about appetite? I have visions of me stuck on a bed for three nights on pain killers just waiting for the nightmare to end.

I live in CT. I drive to New Haven station. Take train to Grand Central. Cab it to The Bentley and do it all over again.

THANKS guys!
Implanted with Titan 1/15/19 with Dr. Eid.
6-length 4.5-girth.

CTR5000

Re: Appetite/Mobiity

Postby CTR5000 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:17 pm

Nothing like that at all. It's no "nightmare"... if it was anything close to what you just described, I doubt I would have done it.

My surgeon keeps his patients in overnight. Sees them first thing next morning to deflate partially and check incisions. Catheter was removed by his assistant minutes before he got there. Speaking only for myself, I really didn't need as much of the pain meds prescribed.

By 24 hours after surgery I was home... able to walk anywhere I wanted or needed. Appetite was just fine.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:14 pm

In my case I stayed in the hospital overnight. The next morning the catheter was removed and I was sent home. I was uncomfortable but only took one pain pill the first night at home, not because of pain, but I thought it might make me drowsy so I'd sleep well since I had to pretty much stay on my back and I never sleep that way.

My doc encouraged me to walk several times a day for fifteen minutes, starting that fist day. It felt like I have felt after a long horseback ride. I had to walk bow-legged to avoid irritating the stitches on my scrotum. So, to answer your question, you should be able to walk to get small things you need, but I would strongly encourage getting as much as you think you will need prior to surgery so it is already in your room. Also rely on food delivered to your room. Just be prepared to have people look at you and wonder what is wrong if you do walk in public. Also bring a baggy shirt to cover your dick because you will have an obvious bulge.

Best wishes,
Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

CTR5000

Postby CTR5000 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:17 pm

Vagabond127 wrote: Are you able to move to go to the store? Is walking to the bath room a project in and of itself? How about appetite? I have visions of me stuck on a bed for three nights on pain killers just waiting for the nightmare to end.

Since first reading and replying to your post a few hours ago, Vagabond, I have to say... it truly bothers me that Dr. Eid would allow a patient to get this close to his surgery date and still have these trepidations!

Especially to leave you with visions of being "stuck on a bed for three nights on pain killers just waiting for the nightmare to end." The fact that he didn't make sure you didn't have such fears going through your head is downright HORRENDOUS! Any doctor or surgeon who doesn't delve into his patient's thoughts and anxieties regarding what surgery and recuperation will entail is NOT the surgeon I'd want for myself.

I've been giving out Dr. Eid's name along with names of other urologists I've seen guys speak highly of on this site. But seeing how Eid has left you so much in the dark about what to expect, I can't in good conscience give out his name anymore. I had expected so much more based on other reviews I've read of him. This is disappointing. I hope guys here will set your mind at far more ease than your own surgeon has. (My earlier reply was based solely on my experience, under my surgeon's care.)

jackhammerdreamz

Postby jackhammerdreamz » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:48 am

Vagabond127 wrote:I just checked the research function for appetite and mobility. I got sexual appetite and dexterity with the pump. So I'm asking the question even if it has already been asked before. Sorry.

I will be staying at The Bentley by myself for 3 nights. Are you able to move to go to the store? Is walking to the bath room a project in and of itself? How about appetite? I have visions of me stuck on a bed for three nights on pain killers just waiting for the nightmare to end.

I live in CT. I drive to New Haven station. Take train to Grand Central. Cab it to The Bentley and do it all over again.

THANKS guys!

We know you're worrier so your questions are understandable man it's all good. :D

It won't be a nightmare. You'll be able to walk relatively normal the next day.
Just be careful if there's snow and ice where you are. You can walk okay but fast movements or falling would be bad.
So just be safe. Don't wander around on painkillers lol. Order room service the first day or two if you have to.

As you've most likely read before, I didn't have much pain at all that wasn't tolerable. I never took the oxy they prescribed. Just the 650mg of Tylenol twice a day. You'll be uncomfortable for a few days/weeks, but not "in pain". Pain is different for us all so just try not to worry. It shouldn't be bad ;)

Might consider having someone uber to your car when you're heading home so they can drive your car to your place for you.
Sitting and driving will be uncomfortable after only 3 or 4 days of healing. Will you be driving far? Just a thought. I didn't drive for a week after surgery but that's because I didn't really have to.

Walking to the bathroom won't be a project.
As far as appetite, you mean food wise?
Your appetite will be good by about 4 hours after anesthesia wears off.
The day after surgery you'll be most hungry, at least I was.
39yr old
Revision installed 1/2/2024
Coloplast w/ Genesis pump
PenoScrotal 20cm + 3cm RTE(right) & 2cm RTE(left)
-
Initial install: 2/6/2018
Coloplast Titan Touch
PenoScrotal 20cm + 1.5RTE
Failure: 9/2/2023
-
Dr. Bodie U of MN
ED for 20+ years

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:52 am

Greg1956 wrote:In my case I stayed in the hospital overnight. The next morning the catheter was removed and I was sent home. I was uncomfortable but only took one pain pill the first night at home, not because of pain, but I thought it might make me drowsy so I'd sleep well since I had to pretty much stay on my back and I never sleep that way.

My doc encouraged me to walk several times a day for fifteen minutes, starting that fist day. It felt like I have felt after a long horseback ride. I had to walk bow-legged to avoid irritating the stitches on my scrotum. So, to answer your question, you should be able to walk to get small things you need, but I would strongly encourage getting as much as you think you will need prior to surgery so it is already in your room. Also rely on food delivered to your room. Just be prepared to have people look at you and wonder what is wrong if you do walk in public. Also bring a baggy shirt to cover your dick because you will have an obvious bulge.

Best wishes,
Greg

Agreed. Bring track pants or something in case you need to go to the store in the first few days. I agree that you should get up on your feet some each day but you will need to stay in bed a little bit to help with swelling and allow bold fluids to all settle where they are going to. Don't forget your small bag of peas or corn or navy beans... these make great, re-usable cold packs. Apply the cold pack every couple hours for 15-20 minutes for treatment of swelling. Wrap it in a hand towel first DO NOT PLACE IT DIRECTLY ON SKIN. Good luck. :)

Larry

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:44 am

CTR5000 wrote:
Vagabond127 wrote: Are you able to move to go to the store? Is walking to the bath room a project in and of itself? How about appetite? I have visions of me stuck on a bed for three nights on pain killers just waiting for the nightmare to end.

Since first reading and replying to your post a few hours ago, Vagabond, I have to say... it truly bothers me that Dr. Eid would allow a patient to get this close to his surgery date and still have these trepidations!

Especially to leave you with visions of being "stuck on a bed for three nights on pain killers just waiting for the nightmare to end." The fact that he didn't make sure you didn't have such fears going through your head is downright HORRENDOUS! Any doctor or surgeon who doesn't delve into his patient's thoughts and anxieties regarding what surgery and recuperation will entail is NOT the surgeon I'd want for myself.

I've been giving out Dr. Eid's name along with names of other urologists I've seen guys speak highly of on this site. But seeing how Eid has left you so much in the dark about what to expect, I can't in good conscience give out his name anymore. I had expected so much more based on other reviews I've read of him. This is disappointing. I hope guys here will set your mind at far more ease than your own surgeon has. (My earlier reply was based solely on my experience, under my surgeon's care.)

I personally don’t think that we should judge a surgeon based on one experience, specially when it is a subjective matter.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:32 am

ThePlumber1964 wrote:
CTR5000 wrote:

I personally don’t think that we should judge a surgeon based on one experience, specially when it is a subjective matter.

Plumber,
If you read many of Vagabond’s posts you will see he worries about things a lot and I believe he will tell you that. I bet when he talks to Dr. Eid he gets the reassurance he needs and then he comes on here and finds something new to worry about. Dr. Eid May have no idea. I have a friend who is a worrier and I often leave him and think I have him calmed down and the next time we talk he is worried again. It is just built into some people.

There are also people who don’t want to appear not to trust their doctors so they act like everything is fine. It’s up to the patient to voice all of their concerns so the doctors are aware of them. I don’t think that is the case here.

Based on so many other positive reviews of Eid’s helpfulness and professionalism, I doubt he is at fault.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:53 am

Greg,

Agree with you 100%, so that’s why I provided my comment. I am sure that if he contacts Eid for his worries, he will provide the appropriate guidance and assurance.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:04 am

ThePlumber1964 wrote:Greg,

Agree with you 100%, so that’s why I provided my comment. I am sure that if he contacts Eid for his worries, he will provide the appropriate guidance and assurance.

Plumber,
My apologies. I see my comment should have been referred to CTR5000, not you. I am sorry.

Greg

Return to “Implants”