Pre-implant VED use, follow-up questions

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Quincy

Pre-implant VED use, follow-up questions

Postby Quincy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:01 am

Hi guyz. I'm considering an implant. My doc says that's probably my best option. He told me to start using a VED to help stretch my dick. He recommends twice a day, for 20 minutes each time, for at least 2 months before the implant.

I've read everything I can find here about using a VED prior to an implant, but I still have a couple questions that I haven't found addressed as well as I'd like.

1. Is the best approach to pump up and stay up for the entire time (perhaps even adding some additional pressure later in the session), or to cycle up and down? If cycling, is there a "best" schedule, such as 2 minutes up, 2 down, etc.?

2. Is the size (diameter) of the tube important? I have 2 tubes. In the smaller tube, my dick flattens out along the side of the tube after I pump up. I think this is called "packing" the tube. With the wider tube, there is air (or partial vacuum) between my dick and the side of the tube. I read a suggestion somewhere that said that packing the tube helps increase length more. Any feedback on this?

Both of these questions may be taking the issue too far. Just use the ved for 20 minutes twice a day will get everything I need. But as long as I'm doing this, I thought I ought to find out if there is a "best" way or something that someone here found better than something else.

Thanks!
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

Larry10625

Re: Pre-implant VED use, follow-up questions

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:48 am

Quincy wrote:Hi guyz. I'm considering an implant. My doc says that's probably my best option. He told me to start using a VED to help stretch my dick. He recommends twice a day, for 20 minutes each time, for at least 2 months before the implant.

I've read everything I can find here about using a VED prior to an implant, but I still have a couple questions that I haven't found addressed as well as I'd like.

1. Is the best approach to pump up and stay up for the entire time (perhaps even adding some additional pressure later in the session), or to cycle up and down? If cycling, is there a "best" schedule, such as 2 minutes up, 2 down, etc.?

2. Is the size (diameter) of the tube important? I have 2 tubes. In the smaller tube, my dick flattens out along the side of the tube after I pump up. I think this is called "packing" the tube. With the wider tube, there is air (or partial vacuum) between my dick and the side of the tube. I read a suggestion somewhere that said that packing the tube helps increase length more. Any feedback on this?

Both of these questions may be taking the issue too far. Just use the ved for 20 minutes twice a day will get everything I need. But as long as I'm doing this, I thought I ought to find out if there is a "best" way or something that someone here found better than something else.

Thanks!

Quincy;
There is absolutely nothing wrong with trying to better educate yourself about procedures you are doing or are about to do. I have not pumped much so I don't think I am the guy to answer your question but I can tell you, based on personal experience (twice), you have to be very careful not to pump too much or leave it on too long. I ended up with a great big cherry bubble on the head on my dick... my fault but still looked horrible. :(

Larry

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:55 pm

Thanks, Larry. I'm trying to be careful. I've heard about some of the problems and don't want to go too far, which makes me wonder if I'm going far enough.

Arrgh. ED sucks. :)
71, Boise area, Married

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:42 pm

Quincy wrote:Thanks, Larry. I'm trying to be careful. I've heard about some of the problems and don't want to go too far, which makes me wonder if I'm going far enough.

Arrgh. ED sucks. :)

ED definitely SUCKS!!!. After implant you will have kicked ED's ass. :)

Larry

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:11 pm

Each technique has its merits. The cyclic pumping (pump up for a minute, deflate and repeat multiple times) washws blood flow through your tissues. Even partially oxygenated blood getting in there is good. And I found the mental engagement to help my attitude as well.

The pump up and stay up for a longer time and ease a little more if your tissues permit might help morre with elasticity.

I used both methods and believe they helped. .

Do not, as Larry said, overpump. I had a bout of edema when I did, which resolved after a few days of not oumping. Larry apparantly gave himself a hematoma which can be MUCH more serious.

I would sugest the larger diameter tube. Most women report that they find girth more deeply satisfying than length.

See also Newbie443's thread in the "pumps" section
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:39 pm

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:43 am

And a link to the paper describing the intermittent VED protocol (pump up and deflate multiple times)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24506138

A pilot study to determine penile oxygen saturation before and after vacuum therapy in patients with erectile dysfunction after radical prostatectomy.
Welliver RC Jr1, Mechlin C2, Goodwin B3, Alukal JP4, McCullough AR5.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

pianoman

Postby pianoman » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:12 pm

Yes it will make a difference. I got my first implant 10/21/2011 AMS LGX 21 cm. It failed in Oct. 2017 Got my coloplast titan Xl 24cm. on 12/28/17 After first implant I was 6.5 inches. With this new Titan I now measure 8.25 inches I did use a VED for 2 mos prior to both implants.

My procedure:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGKL0XDDHYQ
Pianoman married 73 yrs old 1st implant on Oct. 21, 2011 AMS LGX 700 21 cm. By McHugh Failed Oct. 15, 2017 Found Dr. Hakky Atl, Ga Got 2nd. implant Dec. 28, 20017 Coloplast Titan XL 24cm. procedure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGKL0XDDHYQ

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:29 pm

Thanks for the replies and help. Good info.

@Pianoman: That's a huge size increase. What made the difference? Did you simply have the wrong size cylinders the first time?
71, Boise area, Married

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:45 pm

pianoman wrote:Yes it will make a difference. I got my first implant 10/21/2011 AMS LGX 21 cm. It failed in Oct. 2017 Got my coloplast titan Xl 24cm. on 12/28/17 After first implant I was 6.5 inches. With this new Titan I now measure 8.25 inches I did use a VED for 2 mos prior to both implants.

My procedure:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGKL0XDDHYQ

Wow, that is a real gain...!!! Congratulations!
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Return to “Implants”