Titan failure #2 :-(

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
LMCatman

Re: Titan failure #2 :-(

Postby LMCatman » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:52 pm

Man... I understand. I'm on my third Titan. I've had good insurance each time so I'm only a few thou out of pocket. Five months...wow...... I remember how I felt when I squeezed mine and it was flat! CRAP!!!! Dr Perito had me re-implanted in 15 days.... no...13 days (I had to look at my emails).

The pain and disappointment that can come with the failure of either the surgeon or the device can be overwhelming. To be able to fuck again has been worth it, worth it, worth it.....(mine was more physical pain than wallet pain).

Hoping for the best for you. Good luck! Larry
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

gymguytupelo

Postby gymguytupelo » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:20 pm

Thanks LTCATMAN I dont know why I am so depressed but it was like this when the first on failed last Sept. I called the doctors office today and he is going to see me tomorrow afternoon. I told his personal assistant she would never know how much I appreciated them working me in. He was out of the office all last week so hes booked up. I have to drive two hours but it will be worth it!
[b]first implant 11/11/13 Titan OTR. 18cm 1.5cm rte.
Dr Christine Birmingham, AL. St Vincent's Hospital.
Total device failure 9/6/17. Total replacement 9/21/17. 21cm 1.5 rte
Total failure AGAIN 3/4/18 :-( Surgery set for 3/22/18

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:11 pm

How’d your appt go ?

gymguytupelo

Postby gymguytupelo » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:57 pm

Yes build is flat. Just left doctors office. It’s got to be replaced. Will be notified of the date in a couple days. He said he would get me in ASAP.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:06 pm

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Been there myself. Good thing he’ll get you in fast. Hang in there.

gymguytupelo

Postby gymguytupelo » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:33 pm

More on my Doctors visit......... He said it definitley had a malfunction. He said all the fluid is out of the system. He talked about three things that could be the problem. He said he might have to replace everything but he would know more when he gets in there to see whats going on. He kept apologizing but I told he I would go through this every year just to be able to have an erection again. He's a super doctor and spent a lot of time today in the room just making sure I was doing as best as possible under the circumstances. He said he would get me schedule just as soon as possible. The nurse who came in to discharge me said "well you broke just where you could see me again..lol.." I told her that wasn't the case but could have been.... I told her he said he was going to get me in asap... She said yes I overheard him calling his scheduler person and said he had a asap case that need top priority for scheduling. I told her I had gotten depressed over this and she said she understood and that it was not an uncommon thing when a failure happened. The doctor said he has never had one fail this quick. He said in fact the first one only lasting five years was really a short life compared to most devices. I ask if he was going back with the Titan and he said that he was because my girth was large and I needed that device because of that. Never thought it was large in girth or length... I think his eyes need checked. Well the information he gave me stated that the scheduler would be calling in two or three business days. When the failure happened in Sept I went to the doctor got that paperwork and received a call the next day so I am keeping my fingers crossed. Maybe they will do it next week....I hope I hope I hope. Thanks for all the encouraging words. I will keep you all posted. THANKS again!!!!!!

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:02 am

gymguytupelo wrote:More on my Doctors visit......... He said it definitley had a malfunction. He said all the fluid is out of the system. He talked about three things that could be the problem. He said he might have to replace everything but he would know more when he gets in there to see whats going on. He kept apologizing but I told he I would go through this every year just to be able to have an erection again. He's a super doctor and spent a lot of time today in the room just making sure I was doing as best as possible under the circumstances. He said he would get me schedule just as soon as possible. The nurse who came in to discharge me said "well you broke just where you could see me again..lol.." I told her that wasn't the case but could have been.... I told her he said he was going to get me in asap... She said yes I overheard him calling his scheduler person and said he had a asap case that need top priority for scheduling. I told her I had gotten depressed over this and she said she understood and that it was not an uncommon thing when a failure happened. The doctor said he has never had one fail this quick. He said in fact the first one only lasting five years was really a short life compared to most devices. I ask if he was going back with the Titan and he said that he was because my girth was large and I needed that device because of that. Never thought it was large in girth or length... I think his eyes need checked. Well the information he gave me stated that the scheduler would be calling in two or three business days. When the failure happened in Sept I went to the doctor got that paperwork and received a call the next day so I am keeping my fingers crossed. Maybe they will do it next week....I hope I hope I hope. Thanks for all the encouraging words. I will keep you all posted. THANKS again!!!!!!

I don't understand why he said that... The AMS LGX is designed to increase length and girth.. :?

Larry

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:00 am

Larry,

LGX has such capabilities to a level. Having experienced both, there is no comparison with the girth the Titan provides. Period.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

maxxxxx

Postby maxxxxx » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:24 am

Titan cilynder 22 mm girth inflated,
LGX cilynder 18 mm girth inflated
Titan 24cm . December 2015

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:32 pm

gymguytupelo wrote:More on my Doctors visit......... He said it definitley had a malfunction. He said all the fluid is out of the system. He talked about three things that could be the problem.

Did he say anything about a leak at a hose crimp? I believe the hoses usually have to be trimmed to length to fit the patient and then crimped with a special tool. So there's possibly 2-4 crimps involved (counting cylinders and reservoir) that the doctor has to do during the surgery. I would suspect a leak at a crimp more than a failure in the pump. Would be interesting to know what the doctor finds the problem to be.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

Return to “Implants”