Smoking cigarettes

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Larry10625

Re: Smoking cigarettes

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:12 pm

dg_moore wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:
Dared24 wrote:... Just imagine having a serious stroke that doesn't kill you... you sit in a chair, drooling all day, horney as a teenager but even with the implant can't do anything about it. :(

Larry

Or, like in my case, have a stroke that doesn't kill you but leaves you with symptoms that impair your functioning, wreck your life, and completely wipe out your libido so your implant is useless to you.

Amen brother. :(

Larry

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:04 pm

You should do the opposite! Hit the gym! You’ll feel good and you’ll be able to have sex for as long as you can keep thrusting. Women will love it.

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:24 pm

As a former smoker, I'm glad you quit years ago and understand the potential desire to start again to help you through this. Please don't. Absolutely nothing good can come of it. Be healthy and enjoy the new you.
Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:33 pm

radioradio wrote:As a former smoker, I'm glad you quit years ago and understand the potential desire to start again to help you through this. Please don't. Absolutely nothing good can come of it. Be healthy and enjoy the new you.
Bob

I too am a reformed smoker (quit 20 years ago). I agree with you 100%. Besides the obvious health repercussions, here are a few more;
- teeth get yellow
- breath and clothing stinks
- much less acceptable than 20 years ago
- many women want nothing to do with smokers

an on and on and on...

PLEASE DON'T START SMOKING AGAIN, nothing good can come of it and you will hate yourself in the morning.

Larry

FreddyFree

Postby FreddyFree » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:20 pm

Smoking kills. No use having a hard on when your dead, other than propping up the lid of the casket.
AMS 700 CX 18cm. x 12mm. With 3cm. RTEs. 10/10/18

CTR5000

Postby CTR5000 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:10 am

Dared, I'm (going to try) not to lecture. With all the lectures that folks gave me over the years, I'd be a hypocrite to do the same to you. Plus, there's no way I could offer any better words and experience than the rest of the gang has already given in their responses. But I'll simply add a glimpse into my life:

My husband (Jim) and I quit smoking 10 years ago. I was 53 then, and he was 49. These days I feel as if I'm more caregiver to Jim than spouse. What he lives with today isn't due to lung cancer but may as well be. Each week his condition worsens, following its natural course of progression.

In 2008, a chemo drug to treat Hodgkin's Lymphoma ended up destroying his lungs. Two and a half years ago, I found him on the living room floor at 6:00 AM one morning. His blood pressure was at 50/30; his pulse oxygen level was at only 50%. Within hours, he was put into a drug-induced coma and onto a ventilator for the next 14 days. I never knew if I'd see him after that but almost miraculously he did come off it.

Since that hospital discharge, Jim's been on Oxygen 24/7, and the amount is increased every few months. His condition is like the stock market: ups and downs; "okay" days but way more bad days. He's 59 now and doesn't expect to see 60. The tail end of 2017 was 5 admissions within just 10 weeks. His last discharge was the eve of New Years Eve. No price can be put on living like this and money is the least of his or my thoughts in the whole ordeal. But just the same, the summary of just the last 3 of those 5 hospital stays amounted to $300,000. The past week, most nights sound as if Jim is drowning and gasping to compensate for the buildup of fluid. Had I heard him like this a year ago, I would have had him to the ER by now. But living through so many episodes, I know to wait. Yet I'm constantly watching and listening for the signs that it is indeed another run to the ER.

I cringe to think what Jim's life would be if he actually did have lung cancer.

All I can say to you, Dared, is PLEASE don't smoke. I totally understand the desire and feeling of "somewhat relief" having a cigarette in hand when going through a crisis. Years before I ever met Jim, I went through 16 years of major depression. It turned out to be due to a pituitary tumor, (aka: Cushing's Disease) finally getting 7-hour-long microsurgery to remove it at the end of those 16 years.

If what you're going through is depression and/or anxiety related, seek help for that, please. Even if smoking wasn't at the heart of this discussion, I'd be asking you to do that.

We all care, Dared... we're sincerely concerned for you ~
Colin

calixtus

Postby calixtus » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:37 pm

I smoked a pack a day from age 15 to age 22. My ED began in my thirties. Urologist diagnosed me with atherosclerosis of the penile artery, probably due to the smoking. Please share this info. with any smoking teen you know. Just say, "Keep on smoking and you won't get it up."
2003 Radical Prostatectomy
2008 AMS 800 Urinary Control System / Dr S Radomski / Toronto Western Hospital
2017, Sept. AMS 700 LGX Dr Dean Elterman / Tor Western Hospital
Geriatric Stud, 75, gay, 24 yrs married to male in open relationship.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:23 pm

CTR5000 wrote:Dared, I'm (going to try) not to lecture. With all the lectures that folks gave me over the years, I'd be a hypocrite to do the same to you. Plus, there's no way I could offer any better words and experience than the rest of the gang has already given in their responses. But I'll simply add a glimpse into my life:

My husband (Jim) and I quit smoking 10 years ago. I was 53 then, and he was 49. These days I feel as if I'm more caregiver to Jim than spouse. What he lives with today isn't due to lung cancer but may as well be. Each week his condition worsens, following its natural course of progression.

In 2008, a chemo drug to treat Hodgkin's Lymphoma ended up destroying his lungs. Two and a half years ago, I found him on the living room floor at 6:00 AM one morning. His blood pressure was at 50/30; his pulse oxygen level was at only 50%. Within hours, he was put into a drug-induced coma and onto a ventilator for the next 14 days. I never knew if I'd see him after that but almost miraculously he did come off it.

Since that hospital discharge, Jim's been on Oxygen 24/7, and the amount is increased every few months. His condition is like the stock market: ups and downs; "okay" days but way more bad days. He's 59 now and doesn't expect to see 60. The tail end of 2017 was 5 admissions within just 10 weeks. His last discharge was the eve of New Years Eve. No price can be put on living like this and money is the least of his or my thoughts in the whole ordeal. But just the same, the summary of just the last 3 of those 5 hospital stays amounted to $300,000. The past week, most nights sound as if Jim is drowning and gasping to compensate for the buildup of fluid. Had I heard him like this a year ago, I would have had him to the ER by now. But living through so many episodes, I know to wait. Yet I'm constantly watching and listening for the signs that it is indeed another run to the ER.

I cringe to think what Jim's life would be if he actually did have lung cancer.

All I can say to you, Dared, is PLEASE don't smoke. I totally understand the desire and feeling of "somewhat relief" having a cigarette in hand when going through a crisis. Years before I ever met Jim, I went through 16 years of major depression. It turned out to be due to a pituitary tumor, (aka: Cushing's Disease) finally getting 7-hour-long microsurgery to remove it at the end of those 16 years.

If what you're going through is depression and/or anxiety related, seek help for that, please. Even if smoking wasn't at the heart of this discussion, I'd be asking you to do that.

We all care, Dared... we're sincerely concerned for you ~
Colin

WOW!!! Colin, I knew your husband was not well but I had no idea it was this bad. I am so sorry that you are going through such a personal hell. I watched my mom die from COPD caused by smoking at the young age of 64.... died on Valentines Day, only 4 days after her 64th birthday. In the 15 years I was a paramedic between SOB calls and seeing what mom was going through, I came to realize that there was probably very few cancers worse than COPD. Many prayers to you and your spouse, please take care of yourself while caring for him.

Larry

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:27 am

If you want to smell like an ashtray don‘t give up smoking. And yes, smokers normally have smaller dicks than non-smokers.
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

FreddyFree

Postby FreddyFree » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:33 am

calixtus wrote:I smoked a pack a day from age 15 to age 22. My ED began in my thirties. Urologist diagnosed me with atherosclerosis of the penile artery, probably due to the smoking. Please share this info. with any smoking teen you know. Just say, "Keep on smoking and you won't get it up."

I’m a retired Phys. Ed. teacher. Many years ago I read research papers that found at night teens get 5 or more erections. This phenomena made sure to stretch the penis to its full length. The research went on to say that smokers would get 2 or less of these erections. So I told my students if they wanted the biggest dick possible for them, to not smoke. I felt this would be a better motivator to not start or quit, than telling them they could die of cancer in 40 years.
I never smoked and had a good sized dick before ED. I think my reason for ED was weight gain or penile fracture. I ended up with venous leak and severe Peyronies.
AMS 700 CX 18cm. x 12mm. With 3cm. RTEs. 10/10/18

Return to “Implants”