A Little Bummed

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Vagabond127

A Little Bummed

Postby Vagabond127 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:01 pm

I don't know if "bummed" is the right word or "impatient" maybe "confused" or all of the above. From what I gather it takes about 1 to 2 years to have the penis get to its maximum length and girth. I was hoping to start dating with my max already done. But I guess that's not a reality. Are there any cases of men getting to their max sooner.

Surgery is April/May. I'm not so much nervous as I am neurotic.

Frank
Implanted with Titan 1/15/19 with Dr. Eid.
6-length 4.5-girth.

ED2013

Re: A Little Bummed

Postby ED2013 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:07 pm

Yes it’s possible to max out sooner. Have you lost any size ?

Vagabond127

Postby Vagabond127 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:23 pm

My surgery is April/May.
Implanted with Titan 1/15/19 with Dr. Eid.
6-length 4.5-girth.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:34 pm

Vagabond,
By about two months after my implant surgery my penis was longer, both flaccid and erect, than it was prior to surgery. The question was asked above if you have lost size yet. In my case I was down about 2” from long term ED, possibly from age, and for sure from my Prostaectomy surgery. I am not sure but maybe it is easier to recapture what you one had versus achieving the max potential of the implant. My surgeon says given time with my LGX I may see more increase from the implant itself.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:46 pm

Vagabond127 wrote:My surgery is April/May.

Have you lost any size as of now ?

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:45 pm

Vagabond127 wrote:I don't know if "bummed" is the right word or "impatient" maybe "confused" or all of the above. From what I gather it takes about 1 to 2 years to have the penis get to its maximum length and girth. I was hoping to start dating with my max already done. But I guess that's not a reality. Are there any cases of men getting to their max sooner.

Surgery is April/May. I'm not so much nervous as I am neurotic.

Frank

Start your size restoration BEFORE surgery?

A paper by Drs Sellers, Dineen et al found that size lost over time to E.D. (non-use and lack of erections) can be restored (not increased, mind you but partially restored) by the use of a Vacuum Erection Device (not for sex, but without the constriction rings and just pumping up for 30 minutes or so twice a day). Another paper suggested 30 minutes of intermittent pump, release, pump release enhances blood flow through the corpus cavernosum and spongiosum also restoring elasticity and size.

The time period suggested was 60 days prior to surgery.

Abstract of the paper is hiere
http://file.scirp.org/Html/3-1990021_27133.htm

The full text of the paper is also available, but I don't have the link handy. It is easy to find with w web search, though.

While searching for enough knowledge to give me confidence to go ahead with the surgery and to find a surgeon I wanted to do my implant, I pumped for 11 months. I did get back the size of my 20-25 year old self. (About a half to 3/4 inch lost to 30 years of progressive E.D., I estimate)

Some Doctors don't believe in pre-op vacuum prep and some do. I do.

3 months post-op, I am back to nearly full size, pumped to an uncomfortable maximum/

Be patient. Even if it takes you 2 years to get back to your pre-op size, getting back to your pre-op rigidity is a LOT more significant, I think, not matter what size that rigidity is.

Also, you don't need a medical grade vacuum device. But I do recommend you get one with a vacuum gauge and DO NOT OVER-PUMP. Temporary Edema can result (been ther, done that) and PERMANENT DAMAGE can occur if you get too enthusiastic. Pump just to the point you feel a good tension (similar to what you used to feel when you were fully functional in your teens is what MY experience suggestes).
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

VegasED
Location: Las Vegas NV, actually I live in Henderson a suburb of LV

Postby VegasED » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:27 pm

I agree with lostsheep! I pumped like a mad man 60 days before my surgery. If I could go back in time I would have pumped daily just to keep from loosing length and elasticity! You need blood flow
to keep it healthy. Vegas
VegasED 61 yo - Insulin Diabetic - Coloplast Implanted 11-6-17, tubing issue pictures posted 6/11/18

Return to “Implants”