Soft jaw pliers for breaking in pump

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Dared24

Re: Soft jaw pliers for breaking in pump

Postby Dared24 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:44 am

Greg,
Yes I pull it as far down into my scrotum as possible and this does help. I have just now inflated to what I believe is full inflation by using a heating pad to soften up the pump. Does anyone know how I can tell if I'm at full inflation? My penis measures 5 inches length and I was 6.5 pretty surgery.
25 years old, implanted January 2018 by Dr. Andrew Kramer with AMS LGX 700 3 piece for severe peyronies disease and ed.

Dared24

Postby Dared24 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:40 pm

On a side note is there any nerve function lost from an implant surgery? I have numbness at the base in particular but the rest of my penis also feels less sensitive. I'm assuming this will recover with time?
25 years old, implanted January 2018 by Dr. Andrew Kramer with AMS LGX 700 3 piece for severe peyronies disease and ed.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:21 pm

Dared,
Every guy is different so there really is no way to give you a firm answer. All we can do is give you generalizations and tell about our own experiences. First off, you are still healing from your very recent surgery. You have to be patient.

Regarding size, my erect size from age 16 to 50 was 6.5”. After that my long term ED, age, and having my Prostate removed due to Cancer caused a 2” loss in length. When my surgeon did the stretch test to give me an indication of my post-op size it was 4.5”. I was left partially erect following surgery and when I removed all the gauze, etc he had wrapped around it, I measured my shaft at 4”. I knew I was not fully inflated so I hope I would at least be 4.5” fully inflated. When I did fully inflate it was exactly 4.5”. However, each time I used the pump I would get a few more pumps in before the bulb didn’t allow any more pumping. It wasn’t long before it was 5”, 5.5”, and now 6”. These changes in length are simply that my penis has healed enough and my pump has softened enough that I am able to get it bigger. The LGX also may expand more in time so I am hopeful, but not counting on, getting back to my original 6.5” length. Did your doc give you an indication of your post-op size?

Regarding the nerve question, I never had anything that lead me to think I had any damage, but just from the surgery there was sort of a numbness where I didn’t feel as sensitive. Once that wore off and I healed more, I was feeling like I remember feeling when I was a horny teenage boy. It had been so many years since my dick could get that hard so it magnified all those great sensations. All I can say is maybe you still need to heal more, but it is a good question for your doc.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:26 pm

Dared24 wrote:On a side note is there any nerve function lost from an implant surgery? I have numbness at the base in particular but the rest of my penis also feels less sensitive. I'm assuming this will recover with time?

Sometimes no effect to the nerve is found. Often enough, nerves are traumatized, but soon after, recover. Just a temporary effect.

Sometimes the nerves are damaged or cut, but heal to full or substantial recovery.

Sometimes the loss of feeling izs permanent, but you adjust (like blind people adjust by becoming more sensitive to their other senses. Or you become more sesitive to undamaged nerves become more sensitive.

In the words of Micael Chricton, "Life will find a way".
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

antelope

Postby antelope » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:11 pm

Using pliers on your private parts sounds like something from Dr. Josef Mengele's playbook. Don't do that.
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:54 pm

It all gets easier... it just takes time.... meanwhile.. DON'T DO THAT.....!!!!
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:50 am

The problem with a hot bath is it makes my scrotum to slippery so I can't grip the pump. I know someone on here suggested a heating pad I guess that's worth a shot.

you need to grip the "stock" of the pump just above the bulb, and squeeze there with some of the squeeze getting transmitted to the upper part of the bulb.

Also, use two hands, your fingers should squeeze, but also use your other hands fingers to produce double the squeezing power.
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:07 am

The manufacturers intended only as much pressure in their implants as a normal human hand can produce without mechanical advantage. The leverage pliers or other tools (including putting the pump bulb on a table and using your body weight to compress the bulb) puts more pressure into the implant's system than the manufacturers intended.

Now, some men's hands might be able to produce more (or less) pressure than optimal for the implant's operation as an erectile device. Talk to your product representative or your surgeon about that if you think you are among either group of men.

If you damage your implant (either breaking the pump, by "blowing out" a cylinder or loosening a connector) the wait time for your replacement device is not worth the ease of pumping with pliers, I think.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

mkehayias

Postby mkehayias » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:32 am

Dared24 wrote:This is probably a very dangerous idea that would end very badly but what are opinions on using pliers with soft padding on the jaws to soften up the pump?

No.
Deflating the pump was hard for me too. You have to get your scrotum to relax, heat does that.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:19 am

Dared24 wrote:This is probably a very dangerous idea that would end very badly but what are opinions on using pliers with soft padding on the jaws to soften up the pump?

What a smart bunch of peeps there are on here. I was implanted in December (for the second time) and here's what I can tell you... yes, some nerves are cut when the surgery is done. It's unavoidable because there are so many nerves on our skin, which, as some don't know, is our biggest organ (no maxx, not our dicks :). When the doctor finishes, sometime the nerve ends connect and sometimes they don't.

I think the most frustrating (and common) piece of advice that people will give you is "be patient" The thing is, that is absolutely the truth. Sometimes nerves take a couple of years to reconnect, sometimes hours and sometimes... never... there simply is no way to tell.

As for your question about if you are fully pumped up... I had the same question, and you never really know because the only way to find out for sure is to see the cylinders and that is impossible. The best thing for you to do is to keep pumping until you feel like there is just no more saline being transferred from the reservoir to the cylinders.

As for plyers and pumping... STOP... DON'T DO THAT. I have to admit that it crossed my mind but I really wasn't serious about it. I was the one that suggested an electric warming pad. It works great. So, as someone else pointed out using the fingers of one hand to hold the pump, just above the block, and use the other hand to pump. If you hold the block, you may push the deflate button by accident. Strangely enough, I found a couple of soft spots on the bulb that are better than others. Go ahead and feel around, the owner won't mind. As time goes on and you continue your cycling, a couple times a day every day, the pump gets softer and the entire process gets easier... trust me, it does. When you start using it for it's favourite task, you will be so horney, you will be a bionic bunny and you will be able to make dust of cinder blocks :)

The biggest and best piece of advice I can give you is to use your fellow members to answer questions and offer advice. Although a surgeon is by far, the most qualified to implant you, the members on here are EXPERTS on it's use, tricks of the trade, troubleshooting etc. I hope this helps. :)

Larry

Return to “Implants”