Cancelled Implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
ocitgo

Re: Cancelled Implant

Postby ocitgo » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:47 am

I am an AMS user. I had trouble with my implant that I caused but doing well now. When and if you try again, I hope it works. Your love one deserves it.
ocitgo (Bob F), Bremerton, WA
Implanted 11/13/2017 AMS 700LGX 15 cm, leak, 3 cm rear tip
Implanted 06/17/2019 AMS 700LGX 18 cm, 1.5 cm rear tip

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:33 am

firstcav46 wrote:I had an AMS before I was re-implanted with the Titan. For the reasons cited above, I wish I had not switched.

The one BIG issue I read about (and I am a little bias because I have an AMS, but the Titan recipients talk about "dog ears". I don't recall any AMS people talk about that and I don't have them. I can't argue against the Titan because I simply don't know enough about it BUT, what I do know, I don't like

I saw an article on here a few months ago explaining why the author was saying that the AMS is much better. My doctor prefers the AMS because he says it looks more natural and has the antibacterial coating, but will use the Titan IF the patient requests it AND it is appropriate. He will not use it if it is not appropriate... he will simply ask you to find another doctor. The doctors here are so busy, they don't need to be interrogated by patients or, implant patients with something they want, rather then what their medical discipline tells them is best just to get paid.

Have a great day everyone. :)

Larry

nbriley

Postby nbriley » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:42 am

My doctor made a recommendation and after researching the Titan vs ams I chose the ams and love it, very natural looking both soft and hard, wife loves it, my surgeon did an excellent job
Pump, pills and Trimix no longer work
Surgery November 7, 2017 Dr Hakky. AMS CX

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:51 am

nbriley wrote:My doctor made a recommendation and after researching the Titan vs ams I chose the ams and love it, very natural looking both soft and hard, wife loves it, my surgeon did an excellent job

Yeah maybe great for you. I was under the impression that the Titan was for guys that are........... shall we say.......... over developed... :)

Larry

Spikepork

Postby Spikepork » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:55 pm

Hi to add. I went for the Titan after discussion. As I agreed with the surgeon I had a rather Fat Cock. I’m glad I did and everyone has a view on which is best or right for them. The one I have does give you a Semi look all the time so if you want to be wearing tight jeans or Speedo’s it’s not ideal unless you like be gaped at.
Now Implanted 9/12/17. 52 years old with ED for over 20 years. Tried all the pills and injections. Update. Implanted with Titan 22 + 1. by DR Ralph Dec 9th London. Now in recovery and at 3 months feeling the journey was worth the pain.

TomW46

Postby TomW46 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:43 pm

I got the Titan Touch. The pump is very high and therefore hard to deflate. It never really goes flaccid. It goes down a little when deflated, but it's still sticking out at 4:30 - all the time. And it has crinkles, lumps, bumps, etc. when flaccid. My wife doesn't like that as she says she can feel the crinkled cylinders and it's weird. BTW, I've been pumping twice a day for an hour or more each time for more than 2 months. I even tried Donny's stretching routine. When I started cycling, I was at 12 cm. And now, 2 months later, I'm still at exactly 12 cm. I lost 2 cm between pre and post surgery. Just my experience. There are many here who love their Titans.
Age 72, wife is 52. 20+1 cm Titan Touch implanted by Dr. Kramer on 18 October 2017. Revision to AMS LGX 21+2 cm on 11 June 2018 by Dr. Carrion at Tampa General. Age-related ED + slight Peyronies bend (left) and slight hourglass in the center.

jackhammerdreamz

Postby jackhammerdreamz » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:09 am

chonky wrote:I had been planning to be re-implanted in January but cancelled due to doubts concerning going with the Titan again. As I posted before I had problems with the Titan and it's installation by my DR. 6yrs ago and it was removed . I had a hunch that a resident may have done the surgery but I can't prove it, just a hunch. Among several issues the tips of the implant were poking out the underside of my penis below the glands when flaccid but would enter the glands OK when inflated. I was scared that it would poke through. I still am considering being implanted but will not go through with it unless I am more confident of a better outcome . I feel that the AMS 700 LGX would be a better fit for me due to comfort which will be a big issue for me. Does anyone have experience in the Western PA area with doctors using the AMS. The flaccid feel and appearance to me is very important. I want it out of the way when not in use. How is the feel of it when soft. The Titan to me had a plastic type of feel when fully drained which didn't last long and would quickly start to refill leaving me feeling like I had a stick in my dick. Another issue I had was that a large mass of tissue formed around my pump the size of a cue ball . The doctor at the time didn't seem to know what it was.

You were right to get it removed, cylinders poking out the bottom of the glans sounds like bad news.
I can't speak to any surgeons in your area but I trust you will find a good one with your research and discussions here.

I CAN say, the Titan is definitely not for you if you want a natural looking deflated unit. The Titan always sticks out.
Some love it (like me) and some hate it. I was always a grower, and now I'm a shower. I also feel like my dick re-inflates a bit after I deflate it. Again something I don't particularly mind, but could definitely annoy those looking to have a discrete & natural implant.

Touch wise like Tom said and you know, the plastic feeling. My girlfriend hasn't had much physical contact with my Titan implant as I'm still healing, but I imagine she'll be a bit weirded out by the deflated crinkles and bumps. Then again she may not touch it much when it's deflated. I too have the dog-ears, that are the cylinders folding at the base. Aesthetically it's not perfect, and if that is upsetting to someone, they should look at other options. The AMS sounds like a great choice for you. More comfortable, softer, no dog ears. Looks like you got a winner! :D best of luck to you brother!

There are no party lines here, we're all in this together.
AMS, Titan or otherwise, we're here for you in the bionic brotherhood!
39yr old
Revision installed 1/2/2024
Coloplast w/ Genesis pump
PenoScrotal 20cm + 3cm RTE(right) & 2cm RTE(left)
-
Initial install: 2/6/2018
Coloplast Titan Touch
PenoScrotal 20cm + 1.5RTE
Failure: 9/2/2023
-
Dr. Bodie U of MN
ED for 20+ years

Return to “Implants”