Cancelled Implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
chonky

Cancelled Implant

Postby chonky » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:53 am

I had been planning to be re-implanted in January but cancelled due to doubts concerning going with the Titan again. As I posted before I had problems with the Titan and it's installation by my DR. 6yrs ago and it was removed . I had a hunch that a resident may have done the surgery but I can't prove it, just a hunch. Among several issues the tips of the implant were poking out the underside of my penis below the glands when flaccid but would enter the glands OK when inflated. I was scared that it would poke through. I still am considering being implanted but will not go through with it unless I am more confident of a better outcome . I feel that the AMS 700 LGX would be a better fit for me due to comfort which will be a big issue for me. Does anyone have experience in the Western PA area with doctors using the AMS. The flaccid feel and appearance to me is very important. I want it out of the way when not in use. How is the feel of it when soft. The Titan to me had a plastic type of feel when fully drained which didn't last long and would quickly start to refill leaving me feeling like I had a stick in my dick. Another issue I had was that a large mass of tissue formed around my pump the size of a cue ball . The doctor at the time didn't seem to know what it was.
65 Periodic ED since 20's due to venous leakage. Pills stopped working . Implanted 3/2012 removed 6/2012 in a"WTF Moment" after several complications. Re-implanted 4/5/19 AMS 700CX

ED2013

Re: Cancelled Implant

Postby ED2013 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:30 am

Ams will give you a more natural flaccid penis.

VegasED
Location: Las Vegas NV, actually I live in Henderson a suburb of LV

Postby VegasED » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:48 am

Hello chonky, I'm sorry you or any of us have to deal with problems AFTER our implants. The implant was supposed to be the ultimate fix to our problems! Am I correct that your implant was removed 6 years ago? (from your signature) I have a Titan also, and you described yours when deflated would quickly fill up and you would feel like you had a stick up your dick. I keep deflating it, and I would swear it would refill a little bit. Mine sticks straight out & if you touch it has that plastic-rubber feel. I'm thinking this is how Coloplast implants are. My issue is a mass of tubing sticking out. I see my doc on Tues. You can ask for your hospital surgery records, it may reveal who did your implant, although I don't know how long they're required to keep them. Even with my issues, I'm glad I got my implant. Hope you find a surgeon that will provide a successful outcome. VegasED
VegasED 61 yo - Insulin Diabetic - Coloplast Implanted 11-6-17, tubing issue pictures posted 6/11/18

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:18 pm

Call Dr. Kramer as you are close enough to him. I have AMS and love the natural look. I drove 8 hrs for him and never thought about going to anyone else after a year reading and watching.
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:23 pm

dirtman1993 wrote:Call Dr. Kramer as you are close enough to him. I have AMS and love the natural look. I drove 8 hrs for him and never thought about going to anyone else after a year reading and watching.

You know there are thousands of excellent surgeons worldwide right? Just wonder why there are people on here who seem to think there is only one surgeon out there qualified enough to perform this surgery flawlessly. (either Kramer or Eid). :? :? :?

Larry

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:35 pm

Larry10625 wrote:
dirtman1993 wrote:Call Dr. Kramer as you are close enough to him. I have AMS and love the natural look. I drove 8 hrs for him and never thought about going to anyone else after a year reading and watching.

You know there are thousands of excellent surgeons worldwide right? Just wonder why there are people on here who seem to think there is only one surgeon out there qualified enough to perform this surgery flawlessly. (either Kramer or Eid). :? :? :?

Larry

Come on Larry, Dirtman didn't say there aren't any other surgeons who are excellent. All he said is what he would do.
This forum is for sharing experiences and perhaps advice. I know there are lots of great surgeons, but I can only recommend one since I've only had one. And yes, it would be Kramer...

Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:51 pm

radioradio wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:

Larry

Come on Larry, Dirtman didn't say there aren't any other surgeons who are excellent. All he said is what he would do.
This forum is for sharing experiences and perhaps advice. I know there are lots of great surgeons, but I can only recommend one since I've only had one. And yes, it would be Kramer...

Bob

Bob, re-read it... "Call Dr. Kramer". You should read the posts with my eyes. Because I am the moderator, I read EVERY POST. There are probably 5-10 posts a day where somebody is telling somebody else that the need to call Kramer or Eid. Some even word it like if they don't bad things could happen... bullshit. As I have said many times, in the absence of bad comments, one can only trust their doctor. What about all the doctors that Kramer and Eid have trained? Are they crappy doctors because they are not the real thing??

Larry

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:11 pm

Amen to what Larry said.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:31 pm

Larry10625 wrote:
radioradio wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:

Larry

Bob

Bob, re-read it... "Call Dr. Kramer". You should read the posts with my eyes. Because I am the moderator, I read EVERY POST. There are probably 5-10 posts a day where somebody is telling somebody else that the need to call Kramer or Eid. Some even word it like if they don't bad things could happen... bullshit. As I have said many times, in the absence of bad comments, one can only trust their doctor. What about all the doctors that Kramer and Eid have trained? Are they crappy doctors because they are not the real thing??

I am shopping docs also. Have noticed on here several guys lately had pumps installed to high by Kramer and required a re do

Larry
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

firstcav46

Postby firstcav46 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:04 am

I had an AMS before I was re-implanted with the Titan. For the reasons cited above, I wish I had not switched.
71. Married 35 yrs to sexy woman; ED at 62; pills/injections eventual fails; AMS implant 5/29/14 (Dr. Milam); yr later - severe burning, pain around shaft on inflation. Remove & replace with Coloplast Titan 10/18/17 (Dr. Kramer).
Auburn, Ala.

Return to “Implants”