33yrs old Implanted February 6th 2018 Journal (Pic page 6)

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
jackhammerdreamz

Re: Implanted 10 hours ago! (2/6/2018) my story/journal

Postby jackhammerdreamz » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:24 pm

Day 16

I missed another daily update!! :o
Busy at work and family stuff afterwards.

Nothing really to report.

everything felt good most of the day.
hints of discomfort but nothing unusual

Day 17 two week post op visit

Mornings always seem the most bothersome. Just flopped it around a little to get a good position to sleep in.

Dr. Bodie's assistant came in first and was impressed I was able to pump so well.
I showed him how I do it, he said ah you use your left hand interesting.
He said my technique was good.
I let him know I had more trouble telling if the deflate valve was engaged since there's no sound or indication it's in deflate mode.
He said that's normal just to give it a decent press and try to squeeze the shaft empty.
If it doesn't go down, it's not engaged.

Dr. Bodie then came in and we talked shop.
He noted that I didn't quite have it fully deflated so he pressed much harder and then squeezed my shaft down. (maybe I've been keeping it semi-inflated which made it more uncomfortable?)
Didn't seem that inflated but some more fluid did move out of the cylinders.
He mentioned the one half pump after deflating to lock the mechanisms in place.

He said my little pouch of swelling under my shaft above the incision is typical and actually quite minimal compared to what he sees regularly.
He said I'm healing very well as is expected of a younger patient.

We briefly discussed the cylinders he used. He noted to my gf that the right side of the glans had more scar tissue so it's a tiny bit longer on that side, but actually shorter by about 2mm.
He tried all the tricks he could to get that side even and quit while we were "close" so he didn't risk puncturing through the glans by trying too hard. I appreciated that.
He did a damn good job. If I didn't know about the different lengths I would never have noticed it's hardly decipherable and doesn't impact the angle or pointing of my inflated unit.

I discovered that my pump is actually the TOUCH not the OTR (I'll adjust that in my signature). Which is probably why it's more malleable. The valve is nice and easy to figure out which side is the deflation side. There's a little disk on that side.

He gave me a little sample pump to take home.
See attached pic. (I was going to post the little instructions on the keychain but I didn't. If you want to see it lemme know I'll add it)

Overall he said to keep taking it easy on my D.
No P in V intercourse for another 2-3 weeks which is completely fine and what I expected.
I was happy to see him and thank him for everything cannot recommend him enough if you're in the midwest looking for a surgeon.
I'll keep an eye on the swelling and if I have any questions I have you guys and him to reach out to.

Overall pain today has been minimal today even after the cycling and squeezing empty. My scrotum is getting used to hard presses for the valve and pumping.
He said I could cycle once or twice a day now no problem.

That's all for today!
Attachments
pic2.jpg
pic2.jpg (234.08 KiB) Viewed 2089 times
39yr old
Revision installed 1/2/2024
Coloplast w/ Genesis pump
PenoScrotal 20cm + 3cm RTE(right) & 2cm RTE(left)
-
Initial install: 2/6/2018
Coloplast Titan Touch
PenoScrotal 20cm + 1.5RTE
Failure: 9/2/2023
-
Dr. Bodie U of MN
ED for 20+ years

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:04 am

We all get the key ring model, not that anyone would put keys on it. They are actual for training on how to use the pump. Some put it in a wash cloth to simulate being in the scortum. Since you are already cycling kinda late to get it.

Spikepork

Postby Spikepork » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:22 am

Good updates. I’m at week 11 with the same implant. I do have continuing discomfort especially “after use”. Getting simply a comfortable state of play when not in use is the biggest issue.
Now Implanted 9/12/17. 52 years old with ED for over 20 years. Tried all the pills and injections. Update. Implanted with Titan 22 + 1. by DR Ralph Dec 9th London. Now in recovery and at 3 months feeling the journey was worth the pain.

David_R

Postby David_R » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:40 pm

hturner12 wrote:not that anyone would put keys on it.

I might use mine to put keys on it. If anyone noticed it, it might be lots of fun asking them to guess what it is. ;)
:lol:

jackhammerdreamz

Postby jackhammerdreamz » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:49 pm

Lol yea a little late to give me the keychain when I can pump.
But this was the 2 week checkup where the surgeon is supposed to teach you how to use it.

Spikepork you say "after use" I assume after intercourse? I'm sure that takes a long time to get used to.
Lots of parts moving when sex is happening.
I suppose over the months we get used to the sensations/discomforts and they become regular as they also fade (hopefully).

Day 18

Nothing super new today

I lightly masturbated again last night. Kept the jostling to a minimum reaching climax with glans stimulation.
Good to have strong orgasms still. Excited to share them with my girlfriend in a month or so.

I found my deflation skills need improvement. I'll press the button and get it deflated but it seems it stops deflating towards the end.
I'll push the valve again and give my shaft another squeeze and it'll shrivel a little more. Practice makes perfect though. I'll cycle again tonight.

Cycling before bed does probably contribute to my discomfort in the morning but no pain no gain as they say ;)

Have a good weekend everyone!
39yr old
-
Coloplast Titan Touch
-
Dr. Bodie U of MN
ED for 20+ years

jackhammerdreamz

Postby jackhammerdreamz » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:13 pm

Fun side note I got two claims for my surgery today!

$42,639 for the implant, surgery and anesthesia timestamped Feb 6th :shock:
Followed by a $4,123 claim for what I'm assuming is my follow up appointments as it's posted Feb 20th.

Thankfully I won't be paying that total.
My max out of pocket is $3500 with $850 already paid towards it.
Along with a copay of $500 for outpatient surgeries.

So should be around $3150 when all said and done.

Helluvah lot of money before processing! Even 3k is a hefty sum (but worth it duh)
I wish it were more affordable for anyone who suffers from ED regardless of coverage.
We all know the pills, injections, VED only keep ED at bay for so long before you need to go bionic.

Cheers
39yr old
-
Coloplast Titan Touch
-
Dr. Bodie U of MN
ED for 20+ years

rancherejim

Postby rancherejim » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:00 pm

Thank you for all the posts. It's like a guide as what to expect. Of course my age of 77 things might be a lot different. My surgery will be in March or April. Looking forward to it and to what is to comes afterwards.
77 years old, married 58 years. Had ED for the last 10 years or so.
May 2nd, 2018 Coloplast Titan implanted, 24cm with 1cm RTE's. All went well so far.

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:58 am

jackhammerdreamz wrote:Fun side note I got two claims for my surgery today!

$42,639 for the implant, surgery and anesthesia timestamped Feb 6th :shock:
Followed by a $4,123 claim for what I'm assuming is my follow up appointments as it's posted Feb 20th.

Thankfully I won't be paying that total.
My max out of pocket is $3500 with $850 already paid towards it.
Along with a copay of $500 for outpatient surgeries.

So should be around $3150 when all said and done.

Helluvah lot of money before processing! Even 3k is a hefty sum (but worth it duh)
I wish it were more affordable for anyone who suffers from ED regardless of coverage.
We all know the pills, injections, VED only keep ED at bay for so long before you need to go bionic.

Cheers

Search some of my post about insurance. My EoB on my secondary, Medicare primary was close to 70k . I only gave to pay 300. Dr wrote a bunch off

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:03 am

jackhammerdreamz wrote:Lol yea a little late to give me the keychain when I can pump.
But this was the 2 week checkup where the surgeon is supposed to teach you how to use it.

Spikepork you say "after use" I assume after intercourse? I'm sure that takes a long time to get used to.
Lots of parts moving when sex is happening.
I suppose over the months we get used to the sensations/discomforts and they become regular as they also fade (hopefully).

Day 18

Nothing super new today

I lightly masturbated again last night. Kept the jostling to a minimum reaching climax with glans stimulation.
Good to have strong orgasms still. Excited to share them with my girlfriend in a month or so.

I found my deflation skills need improvement. I'll press the button and get it deflated but it seems it stops deflating towards the end.
I'll push the valve again and give my shaft another squeeze and it'll shrivel a little more. Practice makes perfect though. I'll cycle again tonight.

Cycling before bed does probably contribute to my discomfort in the morning but no pain no gain as they say ;)

Have a good weekend everyone!

Try squeezing the shaft while depressing the release button. As for discomfort in the am, my doctor told me to cycle several times a day, if possible, and keep it inflated for 15 minutes each time. The more you cycle, the better you will feel and the easier it will get. :)

Larry

jackhammerdreamz

Postby jackhammerdreamz » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:16 pm

Thanks Hturner and Larry!
70k damn! glad you had the coverage :)
Larry yeah I'm cycling in the shower I think that's the best.
Sitting just watching TV the discomfort of cycling is a bit distracting makes minutes seem like hours lol.

Jim - Glad to be of assistance! Wish you the best of luck in your surgery coming up!!

Day 19 (2-24-2018)

The day was good. Went to a movie and had dinner with friends.
Discomfort from wearing pants has dissipated or is just ignoreable now.
Didn't cycle fully but went to sleep with a few pumps in the cylinders. Felt okay but still woke with discomfort.

Day 20
Plowed the snow and felt good. No shoveling to keep lifting to a minimum.
Cycled it up before a shower and had it pumped for another 15 minutes or so afterwards.
Stroking the shaft with soap feels good to counter against the aching pain!
I pumped about 15-20 times before shower and during shower got maybe another 5-10 half or 1/4 pumps...

Length Update
I'm about 5 inches in length and I think a little more girthy than before(thanks Coloplast!). I've never measured pre or post girth but it's either the same or thicker.
Keep in mind this pumped length is with ZERO arousal. My glans are basically flaccid sitting atop the cylinders. See attached photo
As sensitivity and blood flow to my glans was good before surgery, they still function great now.
Glans can engorge roughly twice their flaccid state or more so when I'm aroused/engorged I hit about 5.5 to almost 6 inches.
That falls in line nicely with where my erection was PRE surgery. So I'm ecstatic to say the least.

The last of my stitches/scab on my incision fell off in the shower today.
All pink and clean. Still healing but good to see the scab healed nicely underneath.

That's about it! Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Back to the grind tomorrow 8-)
Attachments
resized_dick.jpg
resized_dick.jpg (85.63 KiB) Viewed 1944 times
39yr old
-
Coloplast Titan Touch
-
Dr. Bodie U of MN
ED for 20+ years

Return to “Implants”