poblems deflating

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
trekfish

poblems deflating

Postby trekfish » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:34 am

I'm almost 2 months post and am unable to deflate my otr pump, it's not a full erection, but the cyinders are hard I've spent a lot of hours trying to deflate to no avail, it's been three days, everything seems okay, glans has color.

I can feel the correct button, I've tried squeezing it easy, squeezing it hard and nothing works, I've had issues with the deflation and pumping but it's been working till now, I guess I'll be getting it replaced, it almost feels like the tubing is kinked cause the bulb is hard as a rock, before the pump was hard sometimes and super soft sometimes, which i'm thinking could be the tubing or the plug in the valve is cocked causing issues.
I'm a c-4 quadriplegic incomplete as of 1/1/11. I'm 66 years old with ed for for 6 years, went to dr. Raphael Carrion at the VA and am waiting for an appointment to perform an implant with a titan. Titan implanted on 12/8/17, 22cm with 1.5 cm rtes.

cincinnatus1951

Re: poblems deflating

Postby cincinnatus1951 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:07 am

Trekfish I'd recommend seeing the doc you implanted you and /or the Cololast representative and get the prosthesis checked and at the same time get them to critique you deflation procedure.
Cincinnatus
Age 79, Wife 77 Married 52yrs RPP Dr Brian Miles, Houston Methodist, July 2013. Used VED, pills, MUSE, and trimix with no or mixed results. 18cm Titan, one RTE by Dr Mohit Khera, Baylor, Houston, Jan 2016

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:16 am

Are you holding the valve and squeezeing your dick with other hand? After that you have to reverse stoke it start at the head and go to the base do this several times. After that I push the head toward the base. You should be able to feel the cyclinder a tell if all the fluid is out. Once all the fluid is out, since you the otr vive the pump 1 quick squeeze to stop autoinflate

trekfish

Postby trekfish » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:48 am

I've deflated quite a few times and I squeeze my penis while I do it, so I basically know how to do it, and it's almost always different which doesn't make sense, I am a quadriplegic so my hands have lost sensitivity and strength but I can feel the difference in the buttons and still have enough strength to put lots of pressure on the button, it doesn't make any sense to me, so I'm planning on getting an appointment with my doctor.
I'm a c-4 quadriplegic incomplete as of 1/1/11. I'm 66 years old with ed for for 6 years, went to dr. Raphael Carrion at the VA and am waiting for an appointment to perform an implant with a titan. Titan implanted on 12/8/17, 22cm with 1.5 cm rtes.

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:48 pm

Can you actual feel the cyclinders when you deflate? I agree talking to dr would be best

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:29 am

Trekfish ..... I see you used the word "button".... Titan has "buttons"..... I'm sure you know that but..... Anyway, or implants do get easier to inflate, deflate and use in general with practice and particularly as the swelling subsides. Your's probably will too. Good luck and try not to "over worry"......
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:51 am

trekfish wrote:I'm almost 2 months post and am unable to deflate my otr pump, it's not a full erection, but the cyinders are hard I've spent a lot of hours trying to deflate to no avail, it's been three days, everything seems okay, glans has color.

I can feel the correct button, I've tried squeezing it easy, squeezing it hard and nothing works, I've had issues with the deflation and pumping but it's been working till now, I guess I'll be getting it replaced, it almost feels like the tubing is kinked cause the bulb is hard as a rock, before the pump was hard sometimes and super soft sometimes, which i'm thinking could be the tubing or the plug in the valve is cocked causing issues.

I suggest you contact one of our members (bbb2.5). He is a patient educator for Coloplast, Good luck. :)

Larry

trekfish

Postby trekfish » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:18 am

thanks for the replies, I finally got it down, for some reason this morning the buttons got very hard and everytime I squeezed them there was a pop, it's like they finally realigned again. I'm wondering if I was squeezing too hard and was deforming the valve.

Return to “Implants”