Pump/Tubing high

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
ThePlumber1964

Re: Pump/Tubing high

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:02 pm

Pulling down the pump tends to be a requirement for infrapubic implantation. For penoscrotal, if done correctly, is not a requirement. However, following your surgeon’s instructions is paramount.

ThePlumber
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

PCHelp76180

Postby PCHelp76180 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:26 am

Tsanchez12369 wrote:Just curious, is the revision free?

No, but my insurance covered it.
ED since my late 30's. Implanted 7/7/15 Titan Coloplast 18cm +4 cm extenders. Revision Jan 2017

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:39 am

Larry10625 wrote:
Greg1956 wrote:My pump sits low in my scrotum but prior to getting my implant I read where some doctors encourage patients to pull down on the pump at first to get it to sit lower. I would think your doctor would have told you to do it if it was expected.

Check with your doctor. I was told to gently pull it down several times a day and now it is in absolutely in the best place. It even stays so my thumb lines up with the release button. :)

Larry :D

Larry,
I am assuming since you referenced my quote that your message I intended for me, not the guy who posted. I never needed to pull my pump down because my surgeon positioned it below my balls, low in the sac. I asked an he said there was no need to pull since it was already placed in the best position.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

RecentImplant

Postby RecentImplant » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:12 am

Hey bud, I had my implant put in late December and had the opposite issue. My pump was so far down in my scrotum it stuck out and was pretty visible, especially if my balls shrunk at all. I had revision surgery last week and now it's way at the top behind my balls. It's going to be a lot harder to pump up and release back there but I'm hoping it's worth the (obviously huge) effort.
46 year old, fit & healthy, single, 22 cm Titan coloplast implanted Nov. 2017, ED for 15 years, diagnosed with organic venous leakage. Pump repositioned Feb. '18.

My implant experience: http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtop ... f=6&t=9229

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:55 am

Greg1956 wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:
Greg1956 wrote:My pump sits low in my scrotum but prior to getting my implant I read where some doctors encourage patients to pull down on the pump at first to get it to sit lower. I would think your doctor would have told you to do it if it was expected.

Check with your doctor. I was told to gently pull it down several times a day and now it is in absolutely in the best place. It even stays so my thumb lines up with the release button. :)

Larry :D

Larry,
I am assuming since you referenced my quote that your message I intended for me, not the guy who posted. I never needed to pull my pump down because my surgeon positioned it below my balls, low in the sac. I asked an he said there was no need to pull since it was already placed in the best position.

Greg

Hi Greg, no, not necessarily your post, just a comment in general to anyone reading this discussion. :)

Larry

Return to “Implants”