Sore on glans

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Larry10625

Re: Sore on glans

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:17 am

bldoink wrote:Beek and Larry,

I deal with both eczema and to a lesser degree psoriasis. Primarily on the scalp, face, chest and elbows. I periodically get areas on my glans or just below it that initially start out as red spots but untreated will turn into raw lesions or sores and increase in size.

When I originally saw a dermatologist for the issue on my dick several years back I was prescribed Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream 0.1% and 1% Silver Sulfadiazine Cream . I was told to mix the two creams and apply to the erupting areas. This treatment will slowly but eventually heal the eruptions, just very slowly.

I was also prescribed Clobetasol Propionate Foam to treat the eczema breakouts on my scalp. One time when I had a breakout on my dick and was out of the Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream 0.1% and 1% Silver Sulfadiazine Cream combination I decided to try the Clobetasol Propionate Foam 0.05% om my dick breakout. Amazingly it cleared the eruption in only a few days. I used just enough of the foam to get my fingertips wet with the foam and rub it on the eruptions. I did this a couple of times a day for about 3 days to clear it up. I've used this treatment method very successfully a good number of times over the years.

I told my dermatologist what I was doing with the foam. He mentioned that my usage was off label and that too much of that usage would thin my skin but he otherwise didn't have a problem with my usage due to the small amount I was using.

I was never given a named diagnosis of my problem. I suspect it's BXO. It clears fully with my treatment but will eventually return requiring retreatment. It usually returns in the same places as previously but eventually does choose a new spot. I no longer use the Silver Sulfadiazine Cream as it's an antibodic and it doesn't seem to help.

I shared that story as my symptoms sound similar to yours and so my treatment might work well for you also. Then again our issues may not be related at all. Beek, definitely defer to your doctor(s). Perhaps get a 2nd opinion from another dermatologist.

Edited for clarity and readability.

I too have psoriasis... in fact my dermatologist say I am the worst case she has ever seen or heard of. I have it head to foot except palms, bottoms of feet and glans. I have had it for 48 years and nothing worked (except methotrexate). Then I tried Cosentyx... OMG ALL of my psoriasis lesions are GONE. The shit is VERY EXPENSIVE ($1900 per month). If you have a drug plan you should ask your dermatologist if you can try it. It has saved my mental health... I was soooooooo depressed... ED and psoriasis... bad combination.

Larry

Return to “Implants”