Just An Intuitive GUESS

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Vagabond127

Just An Intuitive GUESS

Postby Vagabond127 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:02 pm

Three questions.

The first question I know will get many "How the hell would we know". But please it's just what your intuition is telling you. If there are dramatic advances in implants do you think when we need a revision we would be replaced by the latest version? I'm talking even if it is a remote controlled device or something cool like that? Will the old models no longer be used? Or do they keep them for replacement purposes?
Implanted with Titan 1/15/19 with Dr. Eid.
6-length 4.5-girth.

Larry10625

Re: Just An Intuitive GUESS

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:04 pm

Vagabond127 wrote:Three questions.

The first question I know will get many "How the hell would we know". But please it's just what your intuition is telling you. If there are dramatic advances in implants do you think when we need a revision we would be replaced by the latest version? I'm talking even if it is a remote controlled device or something cool like that? Will the old models no longer be used? Or do they keep them for replacement purposes?

It is safe to believe that each NEW model is better than the one before...knowing that, why would we allow old technology to be implanted??? :)

Larry

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:18 pm

A good surgeon will want what is best for his/her patients. That said, they will use the latest and greatest implant device.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:21 pm

Larry10625 wrote:
Vagabond127 wrote:Three questions.

It is safe to believe that each NEW model is better than the one before...knowing that, why would we allow old technology to be implanted??? :)

Larry

I suspect Vagabond is speculating a new type of prosthesos tnat could not replace the corrent crop of IPPs because it uses a rechnology so much differentfrom what we have now that a straight swap to the newerdevice is impossible.

Kind of like an engine that needs a carburetor would not be able to be fittedwith the newtechmology of dkrect fuel injection.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:06 pm

An implant is not really much of a "bells & whistles" device. I'd rather see improved reliability than "remote control".... Implants are not really "HARD to control" (pun intended).....
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

Xomanow

Postby Xomanow » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:21 pm

If new technology became available I would go for a revision......as long as it included HBO & Netflix........
Implanted Jan 4 2017 by Dr. Eid - 70 yo and single...ED gradually over 15 yrs...tired of pills, injections, cock rings....happy with my choice and results. Titan OTR - one 20cm cylinder - one 20cm+1 RTE...."got a rocket in my pocket"....

Vagabond127

Postby Vagabond127 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:30 pm

Thanks for not saying HOW THE HELL WOULD WE KNOW. LOL
Implanted with Titan 1/15/19 with Dr. Eid.
6-length 4.5-girth.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:36 pm

Vagabond127 wrote:Thanks for not saying HOW THE HELL WOULD WE KNOW. LOL

We would know. From Franktalk or just from reading the medical literature or visiting our Doctors for annual checkups.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

nudist

Postby nudist » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:04 pm

my guess would be:
1- advanced technology will come with a very advanced price
2- insurance companies will decline to pay that higher amount and force you to take the lower priced (existing) option
3- current models will thus be available for us as we need revisions
updated: 70 y.o., implanted with titan nov. 3 by Dr. Brady in orlando to correct peyronies. 20 cm with 3 cm RTEs. due to the severity of the peyronies, some internal excisions were made scrotally, recovery will probably take a little longer.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:41 pm

nudist wrote:my guess would be:
1- advanced technology will come with a very advanced price
2- insurance companies will decline to pay that higher amount and force you to take the lower priced (existing) option
3- current models will thus be available for us as we need revisions

Note that the malleable (semi rigid)prostheticis still available, but not universally forced on patients.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Return to “Implants”