Hotel Stay

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Vagabond127

Hotel Stay

Postby Vagabond127 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:45 pm

I'm curious about a hotel stay. I live 3 hours away from Dr. Eid. So I plan on coming down the day before so as not to be late for my surgery. Question is...should I stay another night the day of the surgery? Also, I know the Bentley is close by but it got a few bad reviews. I know Dr. Eids office has a list of hotels but I'd like to hear from guys directly who stayed at a hotel besides the Bentley

THANKS!
Implanted with Titan 1/15/19 with Dr. Eid.
6-length 4.5-girth.

Oldcrohny62

Re: Hotel Stay

Postby Oldcrohny62 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:28 am

I am not at same Dr as you but am 3 hours from hospital I had implant done. My wife and I reserved 3 nights in nice hotel across street - night before, surgery night plus one more to rest after dismissal before driving home ( wife drove as I was on pain meds).
As usual, the preadmission requires showering with disinfecting soap night before and morning of surgery. Also, to reduce contamination likelihood, we took Clorox wipes to clean remote, phone, door knobs, light switches and handles, we also took sheets to put over hotel sheets. Sounds like overkill but We wanted to take every step possible to keep infection odds reduced.
Wish you well with surgery.
Prostate cancer diagnosis and Davinci Robotic Prostatectomy 2013; Diabetic, Crohns Disease; Peyronies; ED with pills and trimix with limited result; Xiaflex with limited result. AMS IPP 12/2017; bladder sling 12/2017 to correct incontinence caused by RP.

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:28 am

please review my thread titled "packing list for implant patients staying at hotel" it has a lot of specific information for New York.

Regarding the Bentley, it gets "four stars" on trip advisor. I would rate it slightly lower, but in my opinion it was a great place to recover.

see the review at:
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d99302-Reviews-The_Bentley_Hotel-New_York_City_New_York.html

Really, all you need is a clean hotel (yes it is clean) and some room service (yes they have a nice breakfast room service). I found the bentley just great and it is walking distance close to eids office and walking distance close to the manhattan eye ear. The other option is affinia gardens, but it is not as nice as the bentley.
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

archway

Postby archway » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:31 am

I stayed at the Affinity Gardens right across the street from the Lexington Surgical Hospital. Rooms were large, had a kitchen full bath. Great location to grocery and CVS. I recommend it.
Archway 64 years old married 43 yrs
Venous Leak 15 + years Tried everything to no avail
2/2015 Titan 22cm RT 1cm R RTE
Dr Eid NY NY

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:43 am

Vagabond127 wrote:I'm curious about a hotel stay. I live 3 hours away from Dr. Eid. So I plan on coming down the day before so as not to be late for my surgery. Question is...should I stay another night the day of the surgery? Also, I know the Bentley is close by but it got a few bad reviews. I know Dr. Eids office has a list of hotels but I'd like to hear from guys directly who stayed at a hotel besides the Bentley

THANKS!

There is really no reason or advantage going the day before BUT a day or two AFTER the surgery might be a good idea if you can afford it. You probably wont feel like travelling... I know I wasn't. Tell yourself it's a little vacation. :lol:

Larry

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:53 am

Vagabond127 wrote:I'm curious about a hotel stay. I live 3 hours away from Dr. Eid. So I plan on coming down the day before so as not to be late for my surgery. Question is...should I stay another night the day of the surgery? Also, I know the Bentley is close by but it got a few bad reviews. I know Dr. Eids office has a list of hotels but I'd like to hear from guys directly who stayed at a hotel besides the Bentley

THANKS!

If it is possible for you, I would recommend to stay the first three days after surgery at the city.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

MrJohnson

Postby MrJohnson » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:14 am

I stayed at the Bentley after my surgery with Dr. Eid. The hotel itself is ok, however, the noise level from the street traffic was unbelievable. I think it's the Ed Koch Bridge that crosses the East River over to Queens that's pretty close to the Bentley. Car horns blow incessantly all day AND ALL night. Noisier than Time Square. More importantly, my recommendation is to find a hotel as close to the facility that you're having your procedure. If you have surgery at MEETH, I think it's too far to walk back to the Bentley (I'm 61 and in excellent physical condition). Also, it was impossible to hail a cab from in front of the MEETH hospital. My wife had to walk up a block to find a taxi. Getting to the Bentley from MEETH sucked big time.
Age 61. Venous leak. Implanted October 2017 with a Titan Touch.

Jamesbond

Postby Jamesbond » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:47 am

You can ask if they have a higher up room. The higher up less likely to hear car horns. Their are apps like Lyft or Juno. Lyft easier more popular. You download to your phone. Put in your credit card. Hit the button the car wil be outside waiting for you. Works by location. Plus you put in your destination.
You have to put your credit card info into the app. It tells you the car license plate number. I will get the last say 3 numbers of cab then walk out look for license plate. In city cab usually one less than 5 minutes away.
I like it because you don't have to bother with cash.
Cars are very clean. If you have a lot of stuff get bigger car. It also bounces less.
I never stayed at either hotel.
Bond
Thinking of getting implant. Have not done it because of the length I
have lost.
50, Straight, I miss women

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:49 pm

JessiH wrote:How come the hotel doesn’t provide some days to get over the surgery? I am planning to have breast implant surgery there and I thought I will stay there at least 5 days.

The hotel is not part of the doctors practice. They are independent & you decide how many days lodging to buy.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Return to “Implants”