Implant surgeons in Kansas

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
newbie443

Implant surgeons in Kansas

Postby newbie443 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:12 pm

Does anyone have any dealing with or information on:

Broghammer, Joshua A MD
The University of Kansas Physicians Medical Office Building
2000 Olathe Blvd
MS 3016
Kansas City, KS 66160

Health Grades list Dr. Broghammer as normal and more than 49% of peers .

The only other choice for me under my insurance coverage is:

Philippe Nabbout, MD
Wichita Urology Group
2626 N. Webb Road.
Wichita Kansas, 67226
Medical Degree: Saint-Joseph University School of Medicine, Beirut, Lebanon

Laparoscopic surgery Diploma: Saint-Joseph University School of Medicine, Beirut, Lebanon

Residency: Oklahoma University, Health Science Center, Oklahoma City, OK

Fellowship: Oklahoma University Health science center (Endourology and robotic surgery)

He is only listed on the groups web site and I can find no information on him on Health Grades or anywhere else.

I have not been able to locate any other options in my insurance coverage area. Any information or recommendations on these 2 doctors is requested.

I have been able to access funds to travel and pay out of pocket for implant surgery as insurance will not pay for this out of area as I have options in my coverage area.

Thank you for any information on this.
Last edited by newbie443 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Oldcrohny62

Re: Implant surgeons in Kansas

Postby Oldcrohny62 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:46 am

Dr. Broghammer is my surgeon. I have found he is transparent and is quite knowledgeable based on his experience in Uurological reconstruction. I suffered from ED, Peyronies and incontinence ( see signature) after Prostatectomy (performed elsewhere). He did implant and bladder sling in two operations at the same time. In surgery that morning, up walking that night and dismissed next day. Incontinence was immediately resolved and I am one month out from surgery and healing nicely. Surgeries all completed with two incisions in scrotum- one for sling and one for implant. When all healed I think incisions will be hard to see. As with all cases, I had swelling and bruising, but it was gone in around a week or so. At week 2 went back for deflation and reset at 30% inflation for 4 weeks. So far I am pleased with my experience with Dr. B.
Prostate cancer diagnosis and Davinci Robotic Prostatectomy 2013; Diabetic, Crohns Disease; Peyronies; ED with pills and trimix with limited result; Xiaflex with limited result. AMS IPP 12/2017; bladder sling 12/2017 to correct incontinence caused by RP.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:07 am

newbie443 wrote:Does anyone have any dealing with or information on:

Broghammer, Joshua A MD
2000 Olathe Blvd
MS 3016
Kansas City, KS 66160

Health Grades list Dr. Broghammer as average and 49%.

Philippe Nabbout, MD
Wichita Urology Group
2626 N. Webb Road.
Wichita Kansas, 67226

Laparoscopic surgery Diploma: Saint-Joseph University School of Medicine, Beirut, Lebanon

Fellowship: Oklahoma University Health science center (Endourology and robotic surgery)

He is only listed on the groups web site and I can find no information on him on Health Grades or anywhere else.

I have not been able to locate any other options in my insurance coverage area. Any information or recommendations on these 2 doctors is requested.

I have been able to access funds to travel and pay out of pocket for implant surgery as insurance will not pay for this out of area as I have options in my coverage area.

A google search of this doctor says this;
Dr. Joshua A. Broghammer, MD
3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS, USA
Write a review 3.2/5
4 reviews
Sort by:

Most helpful
Jeff Kelman
2 reviews

2 months ago-
I got appt with Dr broghammer . Waited two months to see him. Was almost an hour late getting into him . Then he had his assistant examine me. When he came in he spent over 30 minutes telling me all about him and what all he is doing. Hardly addressed my issue at all. Then had to reschedule for surgery. Called his office every week left message. Never got back to me.After almost two months I am giving up on them calling me back and moving on to another doctor

Helpful?

cheryl nunez
1 review

2 months ago
The only urologist I trust with my kidneys. But I just found out he is not at Truman anymore. He is the best Dr.

Helpful?

The One
Local Guide · 24 reviews · 4 photos

a year ago
Dr. Broghammer only offers clinic hours 1 day a week. I had to wait nearly 2 months for an opportunity to see him for my painful condition. A week before I was scheduled to see him, his office calls me and tells me that my appointment needs to be postponed by 2 weeks. When I finally saw the doctor, he did a great job of understanding the problem, but would have to consult with a surgeon to fix it.

Dr. Broghammer was supposed to call me with the solution that same week. After nearly 4 weeks and countless phone calls and messages left with his nurse, I have not heard a word from him! I need to have a surgery performed to fix my condition and he won't return my calls. If you're too busy to see or help your patients, then you shouldn't be a doctor.

I am now looking for a new doctor since I clearly cannot rely on Dr. Broghammer to do his job.

My doctor had a shitty review but as far as I am concerned, it was all lies about him.

Larry

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:33 am

Oldcrohny62 wrote:Dr. Broghammer is my surgeon. I have found he is transparent and is quite knowledgeable based on his experience in Uurological reconstruction. I suffered from ED, Peyronies and incontinence ( see signature) after Prostatectomy (performed elsewhere). He did implant and bladder sling in two operations at the same time. In surgery that morning, up walking that night and dismissed next day. Incontinence was immediately resolved and I am one month out from surgery and healing nicely. Surgeries all completed with two incisions in scrotum- one for sling and one for implant. When all healed I think incisions will be hard to see. As with all cases, I had swelling and bruising, but it was gone in around a week or so. At week 2 went back for deflation and reset at 30% inflation for 4 weeks. So far I am pleased with my experience with Dr. B.

Thank you for the info. On the web site I was viewing seemed to promote the AMS implant. Did you notice this with Dr. Broghammer or was he open to the Coloplast as well?
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

66 years young.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:23 am

Larry10625 wrote:
newbie443 wrote:Does anyone have any dealing with or information on:

Broghammer, Joshua A MD
2000 Olathe Blvd
MS 3016
Kansas City, KS 66160

Health Grades list Dr. Broghammer as average and 49%.

Philippe Nabbout, MD
Wichita Urology Group
2626 N. Webb Road.
Wichita Kansas, 67226

A google search of this doctor says this;
Dr. Joshua A. Broghammer, MD
3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS, USA
Write a review 3.2/5
4 reviews
Sort by:

Most helpful
Jeff Kelman
2 reviews

2 months ago-
I got appt with Dr broghammer . Waited two months to see him. Was almost an hour late getting into him . Then he had his assistant examine me. When he came in he spent over 30 minutes telling me all about him and what all he is doing. Hardly addressed my issue at all. Then had to reschedule for surgery. Called his office every week left message. Never got back to me.After almost two months I am giving up on them calling me back and moving on to another doctor

Helpful?

cheryl nunez
1 review

2 months ago
The only urologist I trust with my kidneys. But I just found out he is not at Truman anymore. He is the best Dr.

Helpful?

The One
Local Guide · 24 reviews · 4 photos

a year ago
Dr. Broghammer only offers clinic hours 1 day a week. I had to wait nearly 2 months for an opportunity to see him for my painful condition. A week before I was scheduled to see him, his office calls me and tells me that my appointment needs to be postponed by 2 weeks. When I finally saw the doctor, he did a great job of understanding the problem, but would have to consult with a surgeon to fix it.

Dr. Broghammer was supposed to call me with the solution that same week. After nearly 4 weeks and countless phone calls and messages left with his nurse, I have not heard a word from him! I need to have a surgery performed to fix my condition and he won't return my calls. If you're too busy to see or help your patients, then you shouldn't be a doctor.

I am now looking for a new doctor since I clearly cannot rely on Dr. Broghammer to do his job.

My doctor had a shitty review but as far as I am concerned, it was all lies about him.

Larry

Seems like it's difficult to contact him. And it does take 2 months to get in to see him or more.

66 years young.

Oldcrohny62

Postby Oldcrohny62 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:38 pm

newbie443 wrote:
Oldcrohny62 wrote:Dr. Broghammer is my surgeon. I have found he is transparent and is quite knowledgeable based on his experience in Uurological reconstruction. I suffered from ED, Peyronies and incontinence ( see signature) after Prostatectomy (performed elsewhere). He did implant and bladder sling in two operations at the same time. In surgery that morning, up walking that night and dismissed next day. Incontinence was immediately resolved and I am one month out from surgery and healing nicely. Surgeries all completed with two incisions in scrotum- one for sling and one for implant. When all healed I think incisions will be hard to see. As with all cases, I had swelling and bruising, but it was gone in around a week or so. At week 2 went back for deflation and reset at 30% inflation for 4 weeks. So far I am pleased with my experience with Dr. B.

Thank you for the info. On the web site I was viewing seemed to promote the AMS implant. Did you notice this with Dr. Broghammer or was he open to the Coloplast as well?

I did not make an inquiry about Coloplast so I am unable to answer your question. I have been satisfied with his assessment and approach to my circumstances. His insurance staff were instrumental securing coverage for the surgery, implant and sling. In full disclosure, I give kudos to Dr but got frustrated at times with staff on appts and return calls. He has several other Drs under his direction, but is quite personable and always gave me my fair time during visits. At one time last summer I had a long wait and a woman waiting on her husband said they liked Dr B and flew from South Carolina for appts. I did not feel pressured to decide on surgery but finally got up the courage and called to schedule it.
Prostate cancer diagnosis and Davinci Robotic Prostatectomy 2013; Diabetic, Crohns Disease; Peyronies; ED with pills and trimix with limited result; Xiaflex with limited result. AMS IPP 12/2017; bladder sling 12/2017 to correct incontinence caused by RP.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:01 pm

Oldcrohny62 wrote:
newbie443 wrote:

I did not make an inquiry about Coloplast so I am unable to answer your question. I have been satisfied with his assessment and approach to my circumstances. His insurance staff were instrumental securing coverage for the surgery, implant and sling. In full disclosure, I give kudos to Dr but got frustrated at times with staff on appts and return calls. He has several other Drs under his direction, but is quite personable and always gave me my fair time during visits. At one time last summer I had a long wait and a woman waiting on her husband said they liked Dr B and flew from South Carolina for appts. I did not feel pressured to decide on surgery but finally got up the courage and called to schedule it.

Thank you for taking the time to write that very good information. It has been a big help to me. Take care and I wish you well.

66 years young.

Return to “Implants”