VED on implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
warrenw

Re: VED on implant

Postby warrenw » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:47 pm

I have my two VED's (1x wet, 1x dry) ready for the trash. The IPP does 100% of what I want so I'm not messing with the VED ever again.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

FreddyFree

Postby FreddyFree » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:05 pm

I am glad for your success! It must be nice to throw them out Now you can toss the "I have ED" notion as well.
AMS 700 CX 18cm. x 12mm. With 3cm. RTEs. 10/10/18

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:11 pm

I will never use one again. I hated it and so did my wife. I gave mine to my brother for Christmas! Utmost in a tacky gift.
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:28 pm

warrenw wrote:I have my two VED's (1x wet, 1x dry) ready for the trash. The IPP does 100% of what I want so I'm not messing with the VED ever again.

Please do not trash them. There are many men who could use one. You can find one by posting in the Craigslist Fee section, your loacal Freecycle organization or offering here on Franktalk to a TRULY grateful man in need.

Buying a medical-grade V.E.D>, expecially when one's insurance does not cover it (or when co-pay and deductible does not help) can be a barrier because of the cost.

When I determined that I would benefit by a V.E>D>, I had to resort to the use of a vacuum cleaner's suction. The vacuum helped, but was barely adequate and the motor tended to overheat. Finally, my Doctor ane the V.A. came through.

But anyone not so lucky as me (or as crazily inventive) would be ever so grateful to have a second-hand VED, I am sure. I would have been.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:38 pm

Another use of V.E.D. post-implant.

Pre-Implant, I would measure my penis length by observing the tip of my glans through the clear VED cylinder and the length markings I put on the cylinder. (I put quarter-ince increments on transparent tape to avoid making permanent markings on the device.)

Post-implant, I attempted to measure length with the tube in the same manner (with the pump head not mounted, by the way). My implant pump did not allow seating the cylinder to the same position as pre-implant - the pump and valve body is still too high in my scrotum. Maybe in another few weeks. Right now, I am not even anywhere near being able to get an air-tight seal.

Anyhow, the cylinder made a very easy, repeatable and quick way to track the length of my penis both under vacuum and "natural" (what there was of it, even with vigorous stimulation and copious oral medications) erection length. Girth was not practical to measure inside the tube, unfortunately.

Also, if you hate to give anything away, when it comes time for a revision, the time period between removal of you old implant and insertion of a new implant, a VED is SOMETIMES useful to retain elasticity of your tissues. Consult your surgeon. It is a reason to keep the VED in your bottom drawer. Of course by the time your current implant needs replacing, there may be completely new technology or surgical techniques making a VED or even an implant anything like the current devices unnecessary.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:57 pm

I agree with LostSheep about the potential future use. Aside, this is a device which it is not sanitary to be used by second people, unless it is sterilized, and I don’t know if the material it is made of can be sterilized. I personally would need use one previously used by someone else, nor I would recommend anyone to do so.

ThePlumber
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:39 am

ThePlumber1964 wrote:I agree with LostSheep about the potential future use. Aside, this is a device which it is not sanitary to be used by second people, unless it is sterilized, and I don’t know if the material it is made of can be sterilized. I personally would need use one previously used by someone else, nor I would recommend anyone to do so.

ThePlumber

Thanks, Plumber.

I dojn't know about all VED devices, but the one I have is a medical grade device and made of polycarbonate or something like that and sure LOOKS like it can be sterilized.

Of course, I am a guy who started out using a vacuum cleaner to produce suction, so there it is.

In any event, if there are no breaks in the skin, I think the risk of transferred infection is low isf disinfecting procedures are followed (washing, boiling, disinfectant, etc. whatever you are comfortable with). Aside from the esthetic concepts of using a device in contact with intimate anatomy, I don't think there is any MEDICAL barrier to recycling these devices.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

nbriley

Postby nbriley » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:06 pm

My last visit with my surgeon he said I had a slight hourglass look and then recommended me using my VED for 2 months and I’d be happy with the results, so far from my surgery to recovery everything he has recommended or advised me on has been accurate so the first time I tried the VED I saw an improvement so I’ll keep on, I don’t understand how a person can advise on the post opt use of a VED if they refuse or say they won’t try it, doesn’t make sense, I’ve tried it and I can personally see an advantage to using it post opt, I want my implant to reach its full potential and if using a VED helps I’ll use one per my doctors advice
Pump, pills and Trimix no longer work
Surgery November 7, 2017 Dr Hakky. AMS CX

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:19 pm

[quote][/quote]I never considered post opp use of a VED. I didn't need any more length. I was not sure the VED wouldn't do damage. I never suggested using one. I only related what a Dr. Said. My stretching routine works in some cases. If a VED used properly post opp works, great.
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:29 pm

This is the microbiologist in me: once you have a vacuum system, it doesn’t matter if it is medical grade or not, or if there is any skin opening, it is forcing microbial agents from the skin, the urethra, etc. To properly sterilize it, it has to undergo not just a deep cleaning but a extreme heat at certain pressure for some period of time in orders to be considered sterilized. There is no way around this fact.

ThePlumber
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Return to “Implants”