Day 20 Questions on Deflation

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
mikestap

Day 20 Questions on Deflation

Postby mikestap » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:08 pm

Hello all.
I am at day 20, just about all healed, and have some questions about deflating.

I saw the doc last week and he deflated me somewhat from the 30 percent I exited the procedure with. A rather painful experience. The Coloplast patient educator saw me immediately afterward and remarked I was still erect, but I did not want to go through the pain once more and thought I would be able to get my normal pants on with what I had.

In fact, it’s still something of a challenge to be at work all day, even though I am free to sit or stand as I wish. I am most comfortable with no pants and no underwear, and that’s what I wear when I get home from work. My penis still prefers sticking straight out, resting comfortably atop my still somewhat swollen sac.

As for my scrotum, prior to the implant, it was usually tight against my body, and only occasionally would relax to a point I could actually see the outlines of my testicles. Presently, this occurs when I am warm for a long time, like getting out of bed first thing in the morning. The skin does not yet achieve that papery thin-ness that had come with full relaxation, and I attribute that to a still mild swollen condition.

I want to deflate my penis some more. I’m able to find the buttons on my Titan pump inside my scrotum, and I have tried depressing them and squeezing my shaft, but just can’t seem to make any headway here.

I admit I may be too timid on the button pressing, but I am squeezing almost to the point of significant pain. Is there some feedback mechanism in the pump deflation buttons that I can feel (a click, a snap, etc) that will tell me I have actuated the deflate process? How will I know that I have applied sufficient force to deflate?

My penis is nowhere near what I would call flaccid and it is a tiring struggle to position it comfortably (actually, it is impossible) for a full day with even loose pants on.

I have attached a pic of my pump model here.
Attachments
7990429D-9E56-4A79-8318-4800D213009E.jpeg
7990429D-9E56-4A79-8318-4800D213009E.jpeg (152.36 KiB) Viewed 2285 times
Last edited by mikestap on Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
64 Years. RALP 2013. Received 22cm Titan Dec 20, 2017 by Dr Hakky. See results at download/file.php?id=5320 and download/file.php?id=4754
Revision 3-25-21 24 cm XL No RTE

warrenw

Re: Day 20 Questions on inflation

Postby warrenw » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:14 pm

Mike, what pump is that? The bulb part is just like mine but the deflation part is completely different.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

Spikepork

Postby Spikepork » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:27 pm

I have a titan and similar issues at week 4.3. I’m inflating and then deflating to cycle but the implants do seem to partially re inflate and I am still trying to work out how to stop this. As it can be very uncomfortable having a slightly hard cock all day!!
Now Implanted 9/12/17. 52 years old with ED for over 20 years. Tried all the pills and injections. Update. Implanted with Titan 22 + 1. by DR Ralph Dec 9th London. Now in recovery and at 3 months feeling the journey was worth the pain.

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:33 pm

Spikepork wrote: but the implants do seem to partially re inflate and I am still trying to work out how to stop this.

I had exactly that problem at first, even posted about it here. The answer is to give a firm pump or two to the bulb following the deflation, that seems to set the shuttle valve and blocks any auto-inflation. Has not been a problem since.

Spikepork

Postby Spikepork » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:38 pm

Cheers Warren I’ll keep trying.
Now Implanted 9/12/17. 52 years old with ED for over 20 years. Tried all the pills and injections. Update. Implanted with Titan 22 + 1. by DR Ralph Dec 9th London. Now in recovery and at 3 months feeling the journey was worth the pain.

mikestap

Postby mikestap » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:54 pm

My interest is not so much how to avoid auto inflating, but how to deflate to begin with. I should have titled this thread Questions on Deflation!
64 Years. RALP 2013. Received 22cm Titan Dec 20, 2017 by Dr Hakky. See results at download/file.php?id=5320 and download/file.php?id=4754

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:07 pm

mikestap wrote:My interest is not so much how to avoid auto inflating, but how to deflate to begin with. I should have titled this thread Questions on Deflation!

Mike, use two hands at first, one hand to hold pump stationary, other hand use index finger and thumb to squeeze deflation valve (not sure where that is on your pump). Keeping squeezing hard on the valve, then take the other hand and firmly squeeze the penis to deflate. You will see it go flaccid with finger marks on it if deflating. I've never noticed any feedback from the pump when deflating. Don't know about your pump but I have to continue squeezing my valve while deflating, definitely not "one touch".

mikestap

Re: Day 20 Questions on Deflation

Postby mikestap » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:44 pm

Thank you Warren. I will take your suggestion. As to your earlier question, I am not certain what version of the Titan pump I have. Prior to the surgery, I asked Dr. Hakky about his plans for my pump and he stated he would not be implanting the newest design, explains his patients had better success with an earlier design.

You can see a horizontal bar across the top of the bulb. This is one of a pair of opposing bars that are the deflate buttons for my implant. I can clearly feel these through my scrotum. However, pressing on them through the scrotal skin precipitates a good deal of discomfort.

I think I am resigned to pursue depressing these bars through my swollen sac until I can actually get my dick to deflate a bit.

I really am looking forward to cycling my implant, but I think it best to be sure I can get comfortable with the deflate process first. My next appointment with the doc is scheduled for next week, and I anticipate that I will be formally taught how to do so.

Thanks once again,
Mike

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:59 pm

This is the first time that I have seen that particular pump model. How is it called? I am only aware of Touch and Genesis.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

nudist

Postby nudist » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:09 pm

ThePlumber1964 wrote:This is the first time that I have seen that particular pump model. How is it called? I am only aware of Touch and Genesis.

that is the older 'genesis' or 'alpha'. my dr used the same one in me. he said they are more problem free.
updated: 70 y.o., implanted with titan nov. 3 by Dr. Brady in orlando to correct peyronies. 20 cm with 3 cm RTEs. due to the severity of the peyronies, some internal excisions were made scrotally, recovery will probably take a little longer.

Return to “Implants”