I think my pump is broken

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Larry10625

Re: I think my pump is broken

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:57 am

bldoink wrote:Look, I'm no moderator and I'd get fired if I was. However, I found the whole discussion kind of interesting and some of the negatives should be heard. It doesn't mean anyone has to agree with them or think they're correct. I won't make an argument that there wasn't any wineyness (?) anywhere. So what! Was there any attacks? Maybe not clear cut but in a few instances darn close and it seemed to be edging more that way. I'm probably going to get yelled at and reminded that I'm not a moderator, or worse. And I'm darn sure no Mensa member. I'm just a dumb redneck. But I thought I was reading the thread objectively and doing so it seemed there was a lot of advice offered and it also seemed the OP was being kinda contrary, but so what.

Yeah and I have never been a moderator before but, my military experience trains me in conflict resolution, effective speaking and lots of in class and in field leadership experience dealing with adults. Most arguments I let slide because just because 2 or more people have differing views on something, doesn't mean that it's an unhealthy post. I stepped into this one because there were SEVERAL members involved AND some accusations flying. I had no recourse but to shut it down, for the good of the reputation of Frank Talk. My surgeon has looked around in here and although he didn't make any comment one way or another, he seemed impressed. :)

Larry

Dustyknox

Postby Dustyknox » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:18 pm

This thread started with a man that was freaking out soon after surgery, and some member comments showed zero empathy. It’s unfortunate to say the least.

Posting negative studies about implants should be encouraged and debated friendly. I am happy with my implant, but I too have been censored by the board’s thought police when posting implant negatives.

Maybe we should all reread 1984? :)
Age & staus: mid 30s and single
Implant date: September 8, 2017
Implant model: Coloplast Titan 24cm (no RTE)
Doctor: Eid
ED cause: Propecia (10 years plus of ED)
My story thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8775

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:10 pm

Dustyknox wrote:Maybe we should all reread 1984? :)

When many of us old guys read 1984, it was set in the future. :o
And by 1984, penile implants had already been created and installed. We owe a lot to those early adopters. That took big balls to have such a new and radical procedure. Just goes to show that ED really sucked then, too.
Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

robertm

Postby robertm » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:46 pm

As a potential implant patient, I'm glad to hear some real life negative stories. Most of what i've heard on FT is positive, and I appreciate all of it. But it helps to hear the other side of the story. The discussion thread that reallynow48 linked to was eye-opening for me and has caused me to pause in my rapid journey toward an implant.
60 yrs old. Gradually worsening ED for 10 years. Pills and trimix not working well anymore. Will need an implant in the near future.

medhatg

Postby medhatg » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:56 pm

robertm wrote:As a potential implant patient, I'm glad to hear some real life negative stories. Most of what i've heard on FT is positive, and I appreciate all of it. But it helps to hear the other side of the story. The discussion thread that reallynow48 linked to was eye-opening for me and has caused me to pause in my rapid journey toward an implant.

Robert,
A couple of things to note:
- Statistics indicate that there are 10% unsatisfied/failed implant procedures, so definitely there is a risk like with any other surgery. You've to mentally prepared to accept the risk and take the plunge.
- The implant is not an "on/off" switch, like with other prosthesis, it needs an extensive period of rehabilitation post operation. Also, implants in general are more like a art in addition to science, so you'd need to get a talented surgeon to have it done.
Good luck
Matt

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:19 pm

robertm wrote:As a potential implant patient, I'm glad to hear some real life negative stories. Most of what i've heard on FT is positive, and I appreciate all of it. But it helps to hear the other side of the story. The discussion thread that reallynow48 linked to was eye-opening for me and has caused me to pause in my rapid journey toward an implant.

I, too read the testimony at that link.

I found the primary post (the one with 18 points) to be sprinkled with errors. Now, that is not a dig at Reallynow48 or the author of the defective testimony. We (should) all know this rule, "Believe only half of what you see and one quarter of what you hear. This rule doubles for anything you find on the internet."

I must believe the Reallynow48 and his sources are sincere, however, I recommend ANYONE considering an implant, injections, pills, exercises, stem cell therapy, whatever, to conduct a search for AUTHORITATIVE sources. Medical journals, interviews with legitimate Doctors, etc. This, in addition to first-hand (and second-hand) patient annd internet testimony. In this way, the various sources may be evaluated for consistency and reasonableness, according to appropriate weighting factors.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:22 pm

Reallynow48 bragged about MENSA and an IQ of 165 BUT, if you read the forum from the beginning, it will become pretty clear that he did not do any research before getting implanted AND, he probably shouldn't have been implanted, he is too immature for it. MANY of our most regular members tried to help him... he called them liars, told them to take their Geritol and good bye, etc. The man was just plain rude. He was only 4 weeks out when he thought he should be able to do everything. He tried to insist that his doctor fully inflate him to show him... Excuse me, you insist??? Just who do you think you are. Your doctor is not obligated to do anything you insist on, especially if it is medically contraindicated. Posting negative comments AFTER educating yourself is one thing BUT yapping off just to hear yourself is something else. As he said to one of our members... BYE, BYE. The comment about the "thought police" was not necessary or appreciated. For every negative attack that my moderating has generated, I have had 3 or 4 PM telling me what a good job the members think I am doing. Think before you speak. :)

Larry

nudist

Postby nudist » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:37 pm

Larry

I read all of his posts and the posts from people trying to help him. my opinion is, like yours, he was not ready or prepared for an implant (if he truly had one).
to me, he seemed to be seeking attention rather than help with a concern.I started to offer my comments to him several times because my pump is hard as a rock also, but something about his posts did not ring true to me, so I just observed.
i don't know if I would have bounced him (yet) but he was getting pretty rude and more obnoxious as time went on. eventually he would have to go.

you do a great and thankless job. best wishes.
updated: 70 y.o., implanted with titan nov. 3 by Dr. Brady in orlando to correct peyronies. 20 cm with 3 cm RTEs. due to the severity of the peyronies, some internal excisions were made scrotally, recovery will probably take a little longer.

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:43 pm

thanks for all the moderating work that you do Larry; just like being the leader in a condominium association, keeping everyone acting considerate and well behaved and focused on "the betterment and well-being of the entire group" is the key ethic that you have imparted on us. In particular, I really appreciate the strong suggestion that all members "credential themselves" by your encouragement that they place specifics on implant type and surgeon and dimensions; these "credentials" are so helpful in figuring out if there are trends related to certain circumstances (for example, the TSA issues seem to be usually in Titan 24 cm or greater implants !)

best,

TANGERINE
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

robertm

Postby robertm » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:48 pm

Despite posts by reallynow48, he did provide a link to another discussion forum with a lot of testimonials of very bad implant experiences. As a prospective implant patient, I read the good, the bad and the ugly before making a decision. FT is a great forum and is generally very positive about implants. Other forums are less positive. I suppose the net result may be the 80-90% reported satisfaction rate, but I don't know.
60 yrs old. Gradually worsening ED for 10 years. Pills and trimix not working well anymore. Will need an implant in the near future.

Return to “Implants”