I think my pump is broken

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
reallynow48

Re: I think my pump is broken

Postby reallynow48 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:20 pm

Spikepork wrote:Your posts are most distressing as there seems very little that has happened in your journey that has either been positive or successful. Why insist on inflation against your consultant guidance and if he did inflate on your orders did you not at least feel your inflated penis even if you couldn't see it (not sure why you couldn't see it). Over hundred of lists on this site the message that hits home more than any other is "follow the consultants directions" at all stages and take correct time to heal. Your body has been given a tough time and needs to heal correctly. Perhaps approach the consultant from a "I need help" angle and a desire to work with them not against them. I truly wish you the correct result. Best of luck.

You don't even get what I am saying here. I have did everything that i was supposed to do. I am not sitting here 24/7 trying to pump. I have been all up and down the internet and yes, the pumps do malfunction, a lot actually, and have to be replaced.
53 yo Caucasian with AMS 700 LGX 18cm with 4cm extensions. Surgery at the beginning of Dec, 2017. Type 2 Diabetic.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:38 pm

The pump definitely can feel hard as a rock in the beginning. Are you cleared to take hot baths? If so try it in the tub. It will help. Hold the pump steady with one hand right where the tubes go into the pump. With your dominant hand, give it a quick, powerful pump. Keep trying. You’ll get it.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:43 pm

ED2013 wrote:The pump definitely can feel hard as a rock in the beginning. Are you cleared to take hot baths? If so try it in the tub. It will help. Hold the pump steady with one hand right where the tubes go into the pump. With your dominant hand, give it a quick, powerful pump. Keep trying. You’ll get it.

I agree. To me it felt like I was squeezing a marble. :)

Larry

ocitgo

Postby ocitgo » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:23 pm

I have an AMS 700 LGX. It came with a toy like version of the pump. Helped a lot for me. Since things inserted in your testicle have flesh and are probably swollen it will feel different when healed. I am not supposed to be pumping until healed but have been playing with it.

I recommend asking for the AMS Pump practice training aid. It should be part of your kit.

http://www.bostonscientific.com/content ... _ID_ML.pdf
ocitgo (Bob F), Bremerton, WA
Implanted 11/13/2017 AMS 700LGX 15 cm, leak, 3 cm rear tip
Implanted 06/17/2019 AMS 700LGX 18 cm, 1.5 cm rear tip

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:33 pm

Call the AMS support line, and get from them their advise. Pumps do fail, and they come defective. That was my experience with my first implant. The AMS regional manager tested it, and certified that it was indeed defective, even when the doctor said that it was perfectly fine (it self-deflated and by 1-2 minuets after inflation, my penis was fully flaccid).

So, you are in your full right to have a second opinion; if you can get it from the manufacturer even better!

ThePlumber
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Spikepork

Postby Spikepork » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:41 pm

I think we are all trying to help and aid your struggles by posting ideas, suggestions and people to contact. We all want the best outcome for you. Seems that there is evidence of pumps failing or that are defective. If that's what happened I'm positive the manufacturer would have to replace. Let's hope that is not the reason. Best of luck.
Now Implanted 9/12/17. 52 years old with ED for over 20 years. Tried all the pills and injections. Update. Implanted with Titan 22 + 1. by DR Ralph Dec 9th London. Now in recovery and at 3 months feeling the journey was worth the pain.

shooter1000

Postby shooter1000 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:04 pm

The pop you are looking for is the spool valve sliding to the inflate position. In a new pump, the polymer ring that keeps the spool in place is stiff. It takes lot to make it move, more in some pumps than others. It can be a big help to push the deflate button smartly each time before you squeeze the pump bulb. Go back and forth and squeeze the bulb smartly (quickly) . Keep that up until you feel the pop. I'm betting that will do it. You probably got a pump that is on the tight side of the tolerances and it will take a lot to get it going at first. Should past longer though.

Best of luck.
Age 75 Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 03/22/2017. AMS 700 LGX 18 CM with 2 Cm RTE for a total of 20 CM. Previously used injections over 1000 no scarring

reallynow48

Postby reallynow48 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:07 pm

ED2013 wrote:The pump definitely can feel hard as a rock in the beginning. Are you cleared to take hot baths? If so try it in the tub. It will help. Hold the pump steady with one hand right where the tubes go into the pump. With your dominant hand, give it a quick, powerful pump. Keep trying. You’ll get it.

Cannot do baths, dr's orders. He said absolutely not
53 yo Caucasian with AMS 700 LGX 18cm with 4cm extensions. Surgery at the beginning of Dec, 2017. Type 2 Diabetic.

reallynow48

Postby reallynow48 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:09 pm

shooter1000 wrote:The pop you are looking for is the spool valve sliding to the inflate position. In a new pump, the polymer ring that keeps the spool in place is stiff. It takes lot to make it move, more in some pumps than others. It can be a big help to push the deflate button smartly each time before you squeeze the pump bulb. Go back and forth and squeeze the bulb smartly (quickly) . Keep that up until you feel the pop. I'm betting that will do it. You probably got a pump that is on the tight side of the tolerances and it will take a lot to get it going at first. Should past longer though.

Best of luck.

Not doing anything else until I meet with my Dr. Either he pumps it or he fixes the problem. If I keep messing with it, I am going to fuck something up. Best to leave it for the surgeon. Plus it gets extremely sore after messing with it.

reallynow48

Postby reallynow48 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:12 pm

ThePlumber1964 wrote:Call the AMS support line, and get from them their advise. Pumps do fail, and they come defective. That was my experience with my first implant. The AMS regional manager tested it, and certified that it was indeed defective, even when the doctor said that it was perfectly fine (it self-deflated and by 1-2 minuets after inflation, my penis was fully flaccid).

So, you are in your full right to have a second opinion; if you can get it from the manufacturer even better!

ThePlumber

closed today. already tried

Return to “Implants”