Going Back to Work (Driving)

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Larry10625

Re: Going Back to Work (Driving)

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:34 pm

warrenw wrote:I'm finding driving to be pretty uncomfortable for me at 3 weeks. Something about being belted into the seat in a fixed position causes irritation in my scrotum. Short drives are okay but 1+ hour doesn't feel good yet.

You might want to try some short trips before committing to a tour.

At three weeks myself, I am having a hard time sitting at 90 degrees. I can't eat at the kitchen table yet and in my van, my wife drives and I have to recline a bit. Later in the day I have to go up to my room and lay out in bed and I retire to our bedroom for the night at around 7pm. It will get better, I'm certain. :)

Larry

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:42 pm

Larry10625 wrote:
warrenw wrote:I'm finding driving to be pretty uncomfortable for me at 3 weeks. Something about being belted into the seat in a fixed position causes irritation in my scrotum. Short drives are okay but 1+ hour doesn't feel good yet.

At three weeks myself, I am having a hard time sitting at 90 degrees. I can't eat at the kitchen table yet and in my van, my wife drives and I have to recline a bit. Later in the day I have to go up to my room and lay out in bed and I retire to our bedroom for the night at around 7pm. It will get better, I'm certain. :)

Larry

I lived in my recliner for at least 3 weeks with 2 ice bags

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:48 pm

hturner12 wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:

Larry

I lived in my recliner for at least 3 weeks with 2 ice bags

Me too... I love my recliner. :)

Larry

Fundle

Postby Fundle » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:16 pm

Larry10625 wrote:Me too... I love my recliner. :)

Larry

Oh, that answers another question. I saw a number of posts that talk about recovering in bed, but I was hoping to spend time in my recliner, which makes TV and Internet available to me.

Thanks for all the advice on back to work; it's not lost on me, anxious as I know I'll be to get back as soon as I can. I don't want to mess this up.

Bob
Age 66. Originally scheduled for penile implant surgery March 1, 2018 with Dr. Garber in Phila, but delayed for insurance reasons. ED for 20 years; tried testosterone replacement, ED meds, pump, tri-mix injections. All helped for a time, but no longer.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:06 pm

Fundle wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:Me too... I love my recliner. :)

Larry

Oh, that answers another question. I saw a number of posts that talk about recovering in bed, but I was hoping to spend time in my recliner, which makes TV and Internet available to me.

Thanks for all the advice on back to work; it's not lost on me, anxious as I know I'll be to get back as soon as I can. I don't want to mess this up.

Bob

Slow and steady wins the race. Make sure you are putting ice packs on it to beat down the swelling. That causes more pain than anything else. :)

Larry

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:13 pm

I was told by my surgeon that "if you have a desk job, then you can return to work after one week revcovery" and if you have a job where you stand a lot and are active, then "2 weeks recovery".

from what i remember with my recovery, I think that I would be OK driving an uber or a bus at 2 weeks. Though I think I would not want to drive distances more than 100 mies straight until three weeks.
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:15 pm

Still picking up and throwing bags will be he real problem

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:27 am

hturner12 wrote:Still picking up and throwing bags will be he real problem

I am at 3 weeks and still can't sit 90 degrees to drive or sit at the dining table, etc.

Larry

fyrbill

Postby fyrbill » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:05 pm

I have to laugh at all you MF’ers.....can’t work, dive, or fix ur’ own dinner after 4 weeks but the predominate question from everyone is “how soon can I fuck?”
70, Prostate removed in 2009. One nerve damaged in surgery. Prior to surgery excellent erection. Since operation marginal wood.

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:52 pm

fyrbill wrote:I have to laugh at all you MF’ers.....can’t work, dive, or fix ur’ own dinner after 4 weeks but the predominate question from everyone is “how soon can I fuck?”

There is no need to be an asshole since apparently you have not been thru surgey. In you case let hope you can not reproduce

Return to “Implants”