Will not be inflated until 2 months after surgery

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lost Sheep

Re: Will not be inflated until 2 months after surgery

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:18 pm

Note that your Surgeon saw the condition of your insides and put in the sutures and positioned the pump. He is in a very good position to judge how soon your incisions can stand the stress of inflation.

You are in a good position to determine how much discomfort you can stand and how easily you will be able to deflate after inflating, but not in the best position to know when to stop before you tear something that would require a second surgery to repair.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:49 pm

By the same token, even though I was able to activate on day 3 after my last surgery, for my second one it was set for the forth week. But due to painful trial, the doctor asked me to be back two weeks later. That is a month and a half.

ThePlumber
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

TomW46

Postby TomW46 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:24 pm

My doc said be patient and wait till 8 weeks.

I was first activated by my Dr. at 6 weeks. But, I didn't start cycling until 8 weeks because due to a high pump and swelling, I still couldn't press the deflate valve. I'm at 11 wks now and cycling twice a day.
Age 72, wife is 52. 20+1 cm Titan Touch implanted by Dr. Kramer on 18 October 2017. Revision to AMS LGX 21+2 cm on 11 June 2018 by Dr. Carrion at Tampa General. Age-related ED + slight Peyronies bend (left) and slight hourglass in the center.

Spikepork

Postby Spikepork » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:39 pm

Hi guys. Inflated for the first time today on day 27 post surgery. What a feeling and wow. But listen to your Dr as we all heal different and all have various types of surgery and how the surgeon puts you "back together". But got to say I'm on cloud 9 right now.
Now Implanted 9/12/17. 52 years old with ED for over 20 years. Tried all the pills and injections. Update. Implanted with Titan 22 + 1. by DR Ralph Dec 9th London. Now in recovery and at 3 months feeling the journey was worth the pain.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:58 pm

Mars66 wrote:It has been about a month since being implanted. Have seen the surgeon twice since then just to check on healing process which has been great but he doesnt want me to use or inflate until I see him again in early Feb. He left the implant at about 10% inflated. Should I be concerned that I wont inflate until 2 months after surgery? Will I have scar tissue that I will need to break through? I have felt around down there and the bulb is as hard as a rock and I cannot press it in at all. I believe I need to push the deflate button first but I cant seem to press that in either. Has anybody had to wait that long after surgery before being inflated?

That does sound like a long time but only the doctor is able to see the inside of your anatomy. My pump was incredibly hard to press and it took me a couple of days to do it because it hurt my scrotum so much. When I finally was able to press it, it reminded me of breaking a glow stick. It took quite a while to find the deflate button and my wife was the one who finally did. Yes, 8 weeks is a long time but keep your eyes on the prize at the end of the race. :)

Larry

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:00 pm

Spikepork wrote:Hi guys. Inflated for the first time today on day 27 post surgery. What a feeling and wow. But listen to your Dr as we all heal different and all have various types of surgery and how the surgeon puts you "back together". But got to say I'm on cloud 9 right now.

I hear ya brother. Did you have a hard time finding the deflate button? :)

Larry

Spikepork

Postby Spikepork » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:19 pm

Actually not too bad although there is still some gunk around it but it was ok. Far less dramatic than I thought it was going to be as wasn't even sure if today would be the day. Mindyou my nuts are a bit tender just now lol. But hey I'm on the right side of the journey now.
Now Implanted 9/12/17. 52 years old with ED for over 20 years. Tried all the pills and injections. Update. Implanted with Titan 22 + 1. by DR Ralph Dec 9th London. Now in recovery and at 3 months feeling the journey was worth the pain.

Return to “Implants”