New advice regarding cycling, pain and stretching

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
MrVenousLeak

New advice regarding cycling, pain and stretching

Postby MrVenousLeak » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:40 pm

Hi guys, I posted a few weeks ago about my surgery and the complications that emanated from it. I seem to have got past the brusing and shivering/fever problems with a strong course of antibiotics and am now 5 weeks and 2 days post operation. Surgeon seems to say he is very happy with how things have gone and thinks everything is normal and working as it should be.

I am having some new difficulties though and have tried to read through other posts but am still a bit confused and hoping your guys could give me your advice.

By background I note:

1) At 4.5 weeks I went back to the surgeon who told me I could start cycling. Most of my swelling has gone although my scrotum is slightly swollen. The orignal pain in my scrotum from the surgery has pretty much gone now, but my penis itself, particularly at the cylinder tops/glans is very painful indeed, especially if I bump or touch my dick. I have also been dissapointed that I have lost length and girth, at least so far anyway.

2) When cycling, I can press the pump the first time and hear the "thuck" noise everybody writes about. The pump will squeeze together wall to wall for that first pump. By the second pump however it is too stiff to get it to squeeze wall to wall and any pump after that is too tough to really squeeze much at all, although I can feel my dick inflating with the tiny pressure I can apply to the 3rd or more pump.

3) By about the 3rd-4th pump my dick is extremely painful and feels like its stretching like crazy. Basically I can't get beyond about the 4th tiny little sqeeze of the pump before it feels totally maxed out - both becuase my dick is now as hard as rock, and becuase the pump doesn't seem to be able to squeeze any more than the 4th pump, and finally becuase the pain of the dick stretching is so painful after than 4th small pump.

4) When I deflate, I can hear the fluid squelching back and after letting the button depress for 4 seconds I try as much as I can to squeeze my dick hard to let out any reamining fluid in the cyclinders whilst holding the pump button down. As I squeeze my dick I can hear more fluid squelching away. The problem is my dick still isn't flacid enough and I still seem to have a permanant semi rigid hard on which gets extremely painful, especially when sleeping. Its also hard to get my underwear and pants to not press upon my semi rigid dick even after deflating as much as I can.

So could you guys offer me any advice about whether I have a problem with my system or whether its just still early days and I need to keep stretching and deflating before things get better? I'm also reallly hoping to regain some of my size and also want to be able to get flacid enough where the semi regidity in my pants doesn't always ache. I also wonder why I can only get one real pump in and maybe 3 semi pumps in before I am rock hard but not as large as I used to be. I've read some people here doing 60 or more pumps.

For what its worth, I was not completey impotent prior to my surgery. If I used my hand with vigorous friction I could get an entire full and thrusting erection even up to the night before surgery, but the problem was that within about two seconds of stoping with my hand I would be completely floppy again. I only say this because I know that I've lost about an inch of size imediately after the operation (which is very confronting) and not because of years of complete impotence making it shrink. The surgeon says that the tips are almost to the top of the head of my dick so there isn't any more avaiable.

Thansk for reading. Would love any advice I can get.
43 years old, ED starting from late 30's. Venous Leak confirmed.
Implanted with AMS700 on 20 November 2017

radioradio

Re: New advice regarding cycling, pain and stretching

Postby radioradio » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:02 am

MrVenous,
Sorry to hear of your problems. It seems to me that if you're getting rock hard with just 3 or 4 small squeezes of the pump after the "pop" that you're starting out from an inflated point. And this seems to fit with your flaccid state discomfort. I think you're probably not deflating as far as it is supposed to go. I remember that the first time my doc deflated mine, it was way more than I had done.
Hope you get this worked out.
Bob 2.3.1
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:12 am

MrVenousLeak wrote:Hi guys, I posted a few weeks ago about my surgery and the complications that emanated from it. I seem to have got past the brusing and shivering/fever problems with a strong course of antibiotics and am now 5 weeks and 2 days post operation. Surgeon seems to say he is very happy with how things have gone and thinks everything is normal and working as it should be.

I am having some new difficulties though and have tried to read through other posts but am still a bit confused and hoping your guys could give me your advice.

By background I note:

1) At 4.5 weeks I went back to the surgeon who told me I could start cycling. Most of my swelling has gone although my scrotum is slightly swollen. The orignal pain in my scrotum from the surgery has pretty much gone now, but my penis itself, particularly at the cylinder tops/glans is very painful indeed, especially if I bump or touch my dick. I have also been dissapointed that I have lost length and girth, at least so far anyway.

2) When cycling, I can press the pump the first time and hear the "thuck" noise everybody writes about. The pump will squeeze together wall to wall for that first pump. By the second pump however it is too stiff to get it to squeeze wall to wall and any pump after that is too tough to really squeeze much at all, although I can feel my dick inflating with the tiny pressure I can apply to the 3rd or more pump.

3) By about the 3rd-4th pump my dick is extremely painful and feels like its stretching like crazy. Basically I can't get beyond about the 4th tiny little sqeeze of the pump before it feels totally maxed out - both becuase my dick is now as hard as rock, and becuase the pump doesn't seem to be able to squeeze any more than the 4th pump, and finally becuase the pain of the dick stretching is so painful after than 4th small pump.

4) When I deflate, I can hear the fluid squelching back and after letting the button depress for 4 seconds I try as much as I can to squeeze my dick hard to let out any reamining fluid in the cyclinders whilst holding the pump button down. As I squeeze my dick I can hear more fluid squelching away. The problem is my dick still isn't flacid enough and I still seem to have a permanant semi rigid hard on which gets extremely painful, especially when sleeping. Its also hard to get my underwear and pants to not press upon my semi rigid dick even after deflating as much as I can.

So could you guys offer me any advice about whether I have a problem with my system or whether its just still early days and I need to keep stretching and deflating before things get better? I'm also reallly hoping to regain some of my size and also want to be able to get flacid enough where the semi regidity in my pants doesn't always ache. I also wonder why I can only get one real pump in and maybe 3 semi pumps in before I am rock hard but not as large as I used to be. I've read some people here doing 60 or more pumps.

For what its worth, I was not completey impotent prior to my surgery. If I used my hand with vigorous friction I could get an entire full and thrusting erection even up to the night before surgery, but the problem was that within about two seconds of stoping with my hand I would be completely floppy again. I only say this because I know that I've lost about an inch of size imediately after the operation (which is very confronting) and not because of years of complete impotence making it shrink. The surgeon says that the tips are almost to the top of the head of my dick so there isn't any more avaiable.

Thansk for reading. Would love any advice I can get.

I, too could get erections pre-op. They were not rigid enough for insertion into a vagina and were always short-lived, but enough for maturbation or fellatio.

I now have an AMS LGX since Nov 6 and was left 80% inflated post-op and deflated to about 60% the following day due to (I think) my complaints that it felt like my penis' head was squeezed in a vice. At 14 to 16 days post-op I was able to begin cycling. At full inflation and rigidity my glans is quite uncomfortable from the pressure of the implant's distal tips. I think this is normal and the discomfort is tolerable for longer and longer periods of time.

Pre-op, I used a vacuum device to maintain elasticity and was able to pump up to 6.75". Now, with the implant I can get to 5.75", which is approximately what I was able to achieve with a natural erection (enhanced with pills and a LOT of stimulaiion).

Deflation for me is much like your experience. Difficult to get full deflation at first, but as the weeks have gone by, flaccidity is greater each day. Call it "break-in" and it may take several more weeks before you (or either of us) see real increases in flaccidity.

About comfort in clothes: When flaccid, I was never large enough to "hang down", so preferred to wear briefs that kept me pointed up. Now, with the implant, I am a few inches longer flaccid than ever before, but still not soft enough to hang down. When flacccid, the tip of my penis painfully rubs against my clothes, so I wear underwear that holds me pointed up a bit more firmly that I have before. There are a few threads on FrankTalk about underwear choices. My surgeon recommended a jock strap, and in fact the hospital provided one immediately post-op and I wore it home and for a couple weeks after. It still provides relief from the abrasion of clothes.

Do you wear underwear that holds your penis pointed up and protects against pressure and abrasion?

In short, except for the fact that you can get full rigidity with only a few pumps (which I would LOVE to be able to do, as it takes more than a dozen for me), I think your progress has no worrisome elements.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:13 am

Have you ever milked a cow or goat? Squeezing your penis down to a flaccid state would be just the opposite.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

MrVenousLeak

Postby MrVenousLeak » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:29 am

Ha thanks for your replies. I guess even with deflation and sqeezing it as hard as I can to get any fluid out, it still doesn't defalte much but perhaps as you say its just about keeping going.

I also wonder if I'll regain any lenght or girth because I've definately lost about an inch after surgery. I was not huge to begin with but have noticed a huge change. Perhpas the huge pain when pumping up is a sign I'm being stretched and this might mean I'm going to get more size back??

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:29 am

MrVenousLeak wrote:Ha thanks for your replies. I guess even with deflation and sqeezing it as hard as I can to get any fluid out, it still doesn't defalte much but perhaps as you say its just about keeping going.

I also wonder if I'll regain any lenght or girth because I've definately lost about an inch after surgery. I was not huge to begin with but have noticed a huge change. Perhpas the huge pain when pumping up is a sign I'm being stretched and this might mean I'm going to get more size back??

I had my implant surgery on Sept. 18th. When I was told it was OK to start activating my erect size was just over 4". I figured that is what I was going to have, but now a couple months later it is almost 6". An AMS LGX can provide an increase with time and use, but the size increase I have had is simply that my penis healed enough to get more pumps in to maximize my post-opmerection.

I wonder if you just need to heal a little more before you can squeeze your pump to a larger erection? Also, soon after surgery my penis appeared harder than it is now. However, I did not have the issue with only getting a few pumps in before the pump bulb got firm.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

MrVenousLeak

Postby MrVenousLeak » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:51 am

Thanks for your advice Greg. This provides me with some encouragement that I can keep growing. At the moment I'm only about 4 inches. If I could get to almost 6 in a couple of months I'd be ecstatic. The pain in my dick with pumping is really strong. If feels as though my entire member is being stretched to death..

MrJohnson

Postby MrJohnson » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:29 am

I'm currently 12 weeks postop. Regarding pain in the glans area from the cylinder tips, I had the same problem from several weeks, but it eventually went away. I tried three or four different styles of underwear, from boxers, to tight fitting athletic boxer briefs, tighty whiteies, to jock straps. I discovered that each style of underwear was comfortable for specific activities or at a certain point in my recovery. When the glans were sore the loose fitting boxers let my little buddy hang down and help keep the cylinder tips from poking the glans as much, but now I can wear tighter fitting underwear and not experience the glans pain.

Regarding deflating, I had a similar problem with getting it flaccid. With the Titan Touch I have to keep the deflate button depressed as I squeeze the penis from the glans end towards the base. Once it gets to the level of limberness that I want, I give the pump a short squeeze to reset it to inflate status and this prevents auto inflation for occurring.

Regarding length, it would be better to have 4 inches + of reliable and rock-hard firehose that 7 inches of long flimsy garden hose. Remember that the first two inches inside the vagina is where sweet spot and the action is for the lady anyway. It's not the size of the pencil, it's how well you write with it!!
Age 61. Venous leak. Implanted October 2017 with a Titan Touch.

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:43 pm

MrJohnson wrote:I'm currently 12 weeks postop. Regarding pain in the glans area from the cylinder tips, I had the same problem from several weeks, but it eventually went away. I tried three or four different styles of underwear, from boxers, to tight fitting athletic boxer briefs, tighty whiteies, to jock straps. I discovered that each style of underwear was comfortable for specific activities or at a certain point in my recovery. When the glans were sore the loose fitting boxers let my little buddy hang down and help keep the cylinder tips from poking the glans as much, but now I can wear tighter fitting underwear and not experience the glans pain.

Regarding deflating, I had a similar problem with getting it flaccid. With the Titan Touch I have to keep the deflate button depressed as I squeeze the penis from the glans end towards the base. Once it gets to the level of limberness that I want, I give the pump a short squeeze to reset it to inflate status and this prevents auto inflation for occurring.

Regarding length, it would be better to have 4 inches + of reliable and rock-hard firehose that 7 inches of long flimsy garden hose. Remember that the first two inches inside the vagina is where sweet spot and the action is for the lady anyway. It's not the size of the pencil, it's how well you write with it!!

I dont think Ams has auto inflate. That is was a Titan fart in thinking. My Dr said they are discontinuing the touch and going back to classic. That the one thing I don't like 8s that stupid feature. Bet it looked real good on paper

David_R

Postby David_R » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:33 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:Pre-op, I used a vacuum device to maintain elasticity and was able to pump up to 6.75". Now, with the implant I can get to 5.75", which is approximately what I was able to achieve with a natural erection (enhanced with pills and a LOT of stimulaiion).

I've heard guys say that with a vacuum device they had the biggest dick of their lives! Much bigger because of the vacuum device rather than "out there in the normal air."

Return to “Implants”