Difference in feeling

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Spikepork

Re: Difference in feeling

Postby Spikepork » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:11 am

Somewhat puzzled by this thread given that most in here already knew an implant was the last hope. To start from a point of no hope with other options leads some to finally choose an implant. I have met and discussed with those who already had the surgery before finally deciding to go this route. I remain absolutely convinced of the positive outcomes it provides given my starting point of 20+ years of brain fucks over losing natural ability to get what many would call a natural erection. As for posting of pictures there are many before and after if you want to look. Just put .jpeg in the search bar. Too many in fact. But if that's what you want? Also some men (i would include myself in this) don't particularly want to post pictures but I'm grateful for this who have. It's a personal choice. FT has provided me with both very positive info but also given me a real life diet of the downsides and pitfalls. I would agree with Gregg that this is a powerful mind over matter issue that allows each man to gain back some real positive mental strength and physical ability. Most men here are in relationships and will also have had to hold what at times are very difficult conversations with wives and partners. Those who are single have other concerns but all decisions and outcomes are after hours and hours of considerations for most. For me it's a godsend.
Now Implanted 9/12/17. 52 years old with ED for over 20 years. Tried all the pills and injections. Update. Implanted with Titan 22 + 1. by DR Ralph Dec 9th London. Now in recovery and at 3 months feeling the journey was worth the pain.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:20 am

Spikepork wrote:Somewhat puzzled by this thread given that most in here already knew an implant was the last hope. To start from a point of no hope with other options leads some to finally choose an implant. I have met and discussed with those who already had the surgery before finally deciding to go this route. I remain absolutely convinced of the positive outcomes it provides given my starting point of 20+ years of brain fucks over losing natural ability to get what many would call a natural erection. As for posting of pictures there are many before and after if you want to look. Just put .jpeg in the search bar. Too many in fact. But if that's what you want? Also some men (i would include myself in this) don't particularly want to post pictures but I'm grateful for this who have. It's a personal choice. FT has provided me with both very positive info but also given me a real life diet of the downsides and pitfalls. I would agree with Gregg that this is a powerful mind over matter issue that allows each man to gain back some real positive mental strength and physical ability. Most men here are in relationships and will also have had to hold what at times are very difficult conversations with wives and partners. Those who are single have other concerns but all decisions and outcomes are after hours and hours of considerations for most. For me it's a godsend.

I was implanted on the 14th of Dec, just wondered how you are feeling since you are 5 days ahead of me?

Larry

Spikepork

Postby Spikepork » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:45 am

Hi Larry. The aching and pain has finally subsided considerably but not gone altogether yet. But I'm up and about quite freely. Balls still a little delicate as is my shaft but it gets better daily. I can have a good feel about now and the pump seems ok but not sure on the ease of its positioning yet but time will tell. All in all I'm feeling positive and have my next check up 5/1/18. Not sure yet if that will be activation day as my dr usually waits some weeks before activating. Seems lots of differing view points in this area. How you feeling.
Now Implanted 9/12/17. 52 years old with ED for over 20 years. Tried all the pills and injections. Update. Implanted with Titan 22 + 1. by DR Ralph Dec 9th London. Now in recovery and at 3 months feeling the journey was worth the pain.

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:31 pm

reallynow48 wrote:why isn't anyone sporting their new found bionic wood, if it is all its cracked up to be?

Wouldn't you be proud to show it off?

There is a whole thread of nothing but pics. There are serveral jouranal threads showing the whole process including verified measurments. If you can not research them and are so fucking unhappy get the your removed and never worry about an erection again .

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:55 pm

reallynow48 wrote:Not trying to be negative. I have not found one thing positive about a penile implant, yet. JBO

With respect, I think you have not looked hard enough.

I will post links tonight or tomorow night. There are PLENTY of testimonials from men and several from women testifying to the value and quality of an implanted penis (when atached to a man who is loved).

Just take a few hours and scroll down the threads here and you will find them. Isn' it worth your time to have good information?
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

reallynow48

Postby reallynow48 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:13 pm

it sure is. Well I have seen a few pics of implants here, and I guess I don't feel too bad now. Having an implant is 28 days old for me and I, for one, would not believe everything you read online. Lots of bogus stories, plus plenty of false information to go around. I am trying to stay positive, but most of my negativity comes from my surgeon not telling me everything plus my pre op info and post op info are totally different. Waiting on my first pump up in a few days. My wife isn't thrilled at all with my decision to go through with this surgery as she thinks its too mechanical and does away with love and feelings, you know women's emotional needs. They need to know that they are desirable to their man. Not being able to provide an erection hurts them just as much as the guy. I am taking it day by day and seeing what this is all about. So far I am not impressed. I am a results person. I was told ONLY to do this as a last resort and was given time to back out and asked several times if I was sure that I wanted the procedure. It is what it is, but one thing that bothers me is that the patient has to put so much time and effort into getting close to what he was, in length, girth, etc. It can take over a year to even achieve that, after all the pain of the surgery, the cost, and the emotional toil it takes on a man's sanity knowing he will never achieve a natural erection again, and his penis with never feel the same. Its a lot to take in and anyone going through this does need a support system. Most of my posts so far have not been very positive, as I do have issues of how my procedure went. They will be answered very shortly in just a few days.
53 yo Caucasian with AMS 700 LGX 18cm with 4cm extensions. Surgery at the beginning of Dec, 2017. Type 2 Diabetic.

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:23 pm

reallynow48 wrote:it sure is. Well I have seen a few pics of implants here, and I guess I don't feel too bad now. Having an implant is 28 days old for me and I, for one, would not believe everything you read online. Lots of bogus stories, plus plenty of false information to go around. I am trying to stay positive, but most of my negativity comes from my surgeon not telling me everything plus my pre op info and post op info are totally different. Waiting on my first pump up in a few days. My wife isn't thrilled at all with my decision to go through with this surgery as she thinks its too mechanical and does away with love and feelings, you know women's emotional needs. They need to know that they are desirable to their man. Not being able to provide an erection hurts them just as much as the guy. I am taking it day by day and seeing what this is all about. So far I am not impressed. I am a results person. I was told ONLY to do this as a last resort and was given time to back out and asked several times if I was sure that I wanted the procedure. It is what it is, but one thing that bothers me is that the patient has to put so much time and effort into getting close to what he was, in length, girth, etc. It can take over a year to even achieve that, after all the pain of the surgery, the cost, and the emotional toil it takes on a man's sanity knowing he will never achieve a natural erection again, and his penis with never feel the same. Its a lot to take in and anyone going through this does need a support system. Most of my posts so far have not been very positive, as I do have issues of how my procedure went. They will be answered very shortly in just a few days.

I know it may take a year or so to get back to where I was after my prostatectomy as far as length and girth, and that I may even get back close to my pre-prostatectomy measurements. Compared to never getting back, I rate it a good thing.

I know I will never achieve a natural erection again. I couldn't before the implant, either. So this is no worse.

I know my penis will never feel the same. Yes I can feel the tips, yes I can feel the pump, yes I can feel the cylinders, and yes I can feel my dick get rock hard. Compared to where I was, this is way better.

If I compare my implanted dick to my dick from years ago, no, it doesn't feel as good. But this isn't years ago. When I compare it to where it was in July, it is light years ahead. (side benefit -- it actually sticks out when flaccid, instead of hiding inside. :P ). No matter how far back I go, I'll never get to a point in my life where I had the confidence that my dick will get hard and stay hard for as long as I want. PE is a thing of the past.

So....

I think one's happiness with an implant has to take into consideration how fucked up it was to have a dick that was useless except for taking a leak. Compared to the ideal dick -- one that was all natural, 100% reliable, would last as long as you wanted and only required two nuts in your sack, and yup, the new one is not as good. But really, none of us had that dick except in our youth or in our imaginations. I think you'll be happier if you choose better comparisons.

Bob 2.3.1
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:39 pm

Yes, some women do often get some affirmation from "growing" their man' erection and feel less than desirable when they realize they cannot do that any more (with or without an implsnt). Having an implant do that when they cannot REALLY drives the point home. Most women I have polled (no, not THAT kind of poling)...I have surveyed/asked told me that the source of the erection is WAY lower in importance than that their man chooses to use it with THEM.

I recall one quote from a woman who was asked if she minded if her husband went to strip clubs. "I don't care where he whets his appetite as long as he eats at home." Not exactly on point, but sort of.

Your job (in addition to all the other jobs attendant to being impkanted) will be to give your wife the extra assurance she needs. That is simply what a husband does-whatever is necessary for love.

Some women may object to a perceived artificiality. If your wife is among that group you have a task in front o you. Hugs p, kisses, random displays of non-sexual and sexual affection (including vacuuming, making the bed, doing dishes as well as bringing flowers etc.) Can do wonders if she does not fel pressured.

As far as your own libido is concerned, one month post op may be too soon for an injured man th get interested in sex. After you are no longer bruised, I expect your outlook to improve. (I did not read your signature for your date of surgery until this post.) Pain has a way of moving our priorities around.

Be patient with yourself.

Ne patient with your wife.

You'll be just fine.

Remember, an implsnt is not a quick fix. It usually is months to feel "normsl". And, it will be a NEW normal. The vast majority of men (and their partners) do regard the new normal as an improvement over the pre-op conditions.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:44 pm

Reallynow48,

I want to pount out that I delayed getting an implant 14 months because I wanted to be fully informed. (I had surgery scheduled September 2016, but cancelled). Most men do not go to thst extent, nor do I recommend it for everyone, but it was right for me.

I hope you benefit from the information you are getting here, post-op, that I insisted on gathering pre-op.

Again, I fully believe that you will be fine.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:06 pm

Spikepork wrote:Hi Larry. The aching and pain has finally subsided considerably but not gone altogether yet. But I'm up and about quite freely. Balls still a little delicate as is my shaft but it gets better daily. I can have a good feel about now and the pump seems ok but not sure on the ease of its positioning yet but time will tell. All in all I'm feeling positive and have my next check up 5/1/18. Not sure yet if that will be activation day as my dr usually waits some weeks before activating. Seems lots of differing view points in this area. How you feeling.

still sore and very itchy. Numbness is switching to itchy. My surgeon said I could start trying to cycle at 3 weeks IF I was comfortable. I think I have found the deflate button but I am still too tender to pump up.

Larry

Return to “Implants”