Numbness

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lost Sheep

Re: Numbness

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:58 pm

Larry10625 wrote:and I don't know if it's the same for you gents but, my wife thinks she is no longer attractive to me. :(

Larry

There is an easy fix for that.., Get some massage il and start massaging ger feet and work your way up.

Doing the dishes is strangely erotic for many housewives, too. (You doing them, NOT HER!)

Asexual displays of affection work wonders, as do flowers unexpectedly.

Having successfully avoided the institution of marriage for nearly 7 decades I am now qualified to give marital advice to anyone.

Women get a remarkable amount of "warm fuzzy" feelings and a GREAT deal of reassurance of their desirability from just being hugged. I don't explain it, just observe it.

One story I heard is that a man put a note, "I love you." in his wife's shoe when he knew she was going shopping. She did not notice it until the shoe clerk pointed it out to her. She felt attractive, all right.
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

FreddyFree

Postby FreddyFree » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:59 pm

Larry10625 wrote:
my wife thinks she is no longer attractive to me. :(

Larry

Larry, you are absolutely correct. This is the #1 reason I hate having ED. My wife is attractive to me and I would like to jump on her every chance I get, just like I was, when able.

It is that I can't, not that I don't want to.
AMS 700 CX 18cm. x 12mm. With 3cm. RTEs. 10/10/18

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:24 pm

FreddyFree wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:

Larry

Larry, you are absolutely correct. This is the #1 reason I hate having ED. My wife is attractive to me and I would like to jump on her every chance I get, just like I was, when able.

Lack of (her man's) performance often hpaffects a woman's self image. And this works both in underperformance and overperformance.

One woman of my acquaintance had sex with a man just drunk enough to beunable to orgasm, but not so drunk as tonot be able to penetrate. His inability to "finish" himself made her TERRIBLY insecure about her desirability.

Go figure.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:57 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
FreddyFree wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:

Larry

Lack of (her man's) performance often hpaffects a woman's self image. And this works both in underperformance and overperformance.

One woman of my acquaintance had sex with a man just drunk enough to beunable to orgasm, but not so drunk as tonot be able to penetrate. His inability to "finish" himself made her TERRIBLY insecure about her desirability.

Go figure.

all the shit we have to deal with and now, that too...we just can't win. :)

Larry

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:07 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:and I don't know if it's the same for you gents but, my wife thinks she is no longer attractive to me. :(

Larry

There is an easy fix for that.., Get some massage il and start massaging ger feet and work your way up.

Doing the dishes is strangely erotic for many housewives, too. (You doing them, NOT HER!)

Asexual displays of affection work wonders, as do flowers unexpectedly.

Having successfully avoided the institution of marriage for nearly 7 decades I am now qualified to give marital advice to anyone.

Women get a remarkable amount of "warm fuzzy" feelings and a GREAT deal of reassurance of their desirability from just being hugged. I don't explain it, just observe it.

One story I heard is that a man put a note, "I love you." in his wife's shoe when he knew she was going shopping. She did not notice it until the shoe clerk pointed it out to her. She felt attractive, all right.

Well Sheep;
Since I am on LTD and don't work, I am the housewife and we have an electric dishwasher. I do the flowers thing but I go a step further and send them to her work... she loves that. I can't do the massage thing for very long cause my hands cramp. The note thing is a new idea I will try. The other thing is, without T injections, my libido is not so great so she thinks that if I found her attractive I wouldn't need them. I explain until I'm blue in the face but most times, no luck. Now that she sees the pain I am in again, I tell her that if I weren't attracted to her would I really go through that TWICE???

Larry

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:58 pm

Larry,
Great point about going through this pain TWICE.
Unfortunately, that's a logical point, and I have found that logic doesn't work particularly well when it comes to women and sex. ;)
Bob 2.3.1
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:05 am

radioradio wrote:Larry,
Unfortunately, that's a logical point, and I have found that logic doesn't work particularly well when it comes to women and sex. ;)
Bob 2.3.1

yup :? :? :? :? :?

Larry

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:06 pm

Larry10625 wrote: Now that she sees the pain I am in again, I tell her that if I weren't attracted to her would I really go through that TWICE???

Larry

The grand gesture certainly has weight and can sway a woman's affections mightily. There is a lot to be said about that.

But consider the drip, drip, drip of the constancy of the innumerable small gestures that you COULD make. Ones that pile upon one another, coming randomly and unexpectedly, surprising your loved one with frequent reminders of your affection and respect for her that inform her of how often you think of her. Such random reminders leave her always wondering where the next one will find her, keeping you on her mind every minute of every day with anticipation. By their very insistence, your presence (and her appreciation of it) will be persistently on her mind.

Submitted for your consideration,

Lost Sheep

radioradio wrote:Larry,
Bob 2.3.1

Yep. That is why the gentle, persistent tug on the emotional underpinnings of the heartstrings is so effective when executed well and with sincerity.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:32 pm

Lost,
You have terrific insight into relationships.
I had an epiphany a year and a half ago - on our 37th anniversary that changed pretty much everything about how I interact with my wife. There is a constant drip, drip, drip now of my affection. Random acts of appreciation and affirmation. I realized how much I loved her and how poorly and infrequently I let her know that for so many years. It was quite an awakening. She really didn't know how to react. She's come to expect, I think, the "new me". And at times I feel she takes it for granted; but so what?
In spite of the PCa diagnosis, the prostatectomy, the pads, pills, pumps, shots and then implant and now revision -- in spite of all of these, our last year and a half of marriage has been in many regards our best. The epiphany was grounded in the realization that the only thing I have any real chance of controlling in this life is my own behavior -- not anyone else's (like hers...).
I have enjoyed your posts and appreciate your input.
Bob 2.3.1
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:05 am

radioradio wrote:Lost,
You have terrific insight into relationships.
Bob 2.3.1

Thank you Bob. I try to think about things and how people view them.

Having successfully avoided the institution of marriage for nearly seven decades I now feel qualified to give advice to anyone on the subject.☺
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Return to “Implants”