Implanted penis is impossible to get 90 degrees erection?  

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Fundle

Re: Implanted penis is impossible to get 90 degrees erection?  

Postby Fundle » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:15 am

To those of you that don't make it to 3 o'clock, did any of you have the suspensory ligament cut? That's one of the things that worries me most about having that part of the procedure (if I follow my surgeon's recommendation to cut it).

Bob
Age 66. Originally scheduled for penile implant surgery March 1, 2018 with Dr. Garber in Phila, but delayed for insurance reasons. ED for 20 years; tried testosterone replacement, ED meds, pump, tri-mix injections. All helped for a time, but no longer.

robertm

Postby robertm » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:26 pm

Fundle, I'm surprised that your surgeon is recommending cutting the suspensory ligament. I thought that was not a good idea, especially for implant patients. Can you explain what your doctor told you.
60 yrs old. Gradually worsening ED for 10 years. Pills and trimix not working well anymore. Will need an implant in the near future.

Bandit

Postby Bandit » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:40 pm

Brian wrote

Happy New Year Guys!! Bandit, I, too, have erection
At 4:00. I’ve been implanted approx 1 or 2 weeks
Before you. I’ve started on your method of changing
Angle of erection by point up with compression shorts
While sleeping. How long was it before you started
to see a difference. You said after 2 months you’re a
3:00 or 2:30 which is great. I’m hoping to have
Same results as you. Any additional pointers you may
have since your last post? I’m only about a 1 1/2 weeks
into trying to make this change

Brian,
It was only couple weeks i noticed an improvement. And the results now seem perminant. My erection stays like that. It helps a lot with various positions. And BTW, its great to be taliking about sex in different positions after all that time of no erection !

Happy New Year to all you guys !
Bandit
Born 1958, married. Prostate Cancer. RRP November/2014. PSA undetectable since. Implant May/2017 AMS700LGX 18 cm + 1.5 cm RTEs.

Fundle

Postby Fundle » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:13 am

robertm wrote:Fundle, I'm surprised that your surgeon is recommending cutting the suspensory ligament. I thought that was not a good idea, especially for implant patients. Can you explain what your doctor told you.

I was surprised, too, especially considering it's gotten a lot of negative feedback over the years. But I haven't come across any negative feedback yet from his patients. A couple of them here have only positive things to say (see separate thread on that subject). Dr. Garber told me he recommends it for most of his patients, and that having it done along with the implant procedure is different than having it done alone. At the very least it's supposed to help preserve your pre-op length, and at best will add a bit to your length.

I'm seriously considering it, only because he recommends it (and I'm short to start with). There is one other downside -- it's considered cosmetic surgery, so that part isn't covered by insurance, and it adds $1,000 to the cost.

Bob
Age 66. Originally scheduled for penile implant surgery March 1, 2018 with Dr. Garber in Phila, but delayed for insurance reasons. ED for 20 years; tried testosterone replacement, ED meds, pump, tri-mix injections. All helped for a time, but no longer.

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:19 pm

Just consider that by virtue of having an implant (Titan more that AMS), and size of implant, will make your penis heavier that having only sponginous tissue on your cavernosas. Those ligaments are there to support the weight of the erection, so by having a heavier one makes them more important than before. They are one of the factors that determine the erection angulation.

ThePlumber
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

FreddyFree

Postby FreddyFree » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:25 pm

ThePlumber1964 wrote:Just consider that by virtue of having an implant (Titan more that AMS), and size of implant, will make your penis heavier that having only sponginous tissue on your cavernosas. Those ligaments are there to support the weight of the erection, so by having a heavier one makes them more important than before. They are one of the factors that determine the erection angulation.

ThePlumber

Excellent observation Plumber! I would think cutting it would reduce axial rigidity. I would take a slightly reduced size, for both reasons. I for one, would not undergo that procedure, even if it were free.
AMS 700 CX 18cm. x 12mm. With 3cm. RTEs. 10/10/18

Fundle

Postby Fundle » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:14 pm

Plumber, Freddy, I don't disagree with you. That's certainly the majority opinion. I need to talk to the doctor some more and understand better why he recommends it.

Bob

robertm

Postby robertm » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:04 am

Fundle, let us know what your doc says
60 yrs old. Gradually worsening ED for 10 years. Pills and trimix not working well anymore. Will need an implant in the near future.

Brian1

Postby Brian1 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:28 am

Bandit, thanks for the info. I’ve been sleeping with
Penis pointing up for 2 weeks. The last 4 nights I
slept with approx 75% pumped up. I can already
See the difference. At 3:00 now. Will keep up using this method
for quite awhile. I’m going for 2;00. Just surprised how little
It took to get to 3. Not saying anything is permanent yet,
thst will take more time, I’m sure. Didn’t think the angle could be
Changed at this point in recovery (7 1/2 mos). Will keep you posted as
things progress. Stay safe to all in Grayson’s path. Snow getting pretty
intense here in SE Mass.
Born 1958. AMS CX - 18cm + 2cm RTEs. Implanted 5/22/17 by Dr John Carroll Of SE Mass. ED for 20 years Venous leak. Tried all PDE5 drugs with little success.

Return to “Implants”