Looking for a second opinion.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Fletch75

Looking for a second opinion.

Postby Fletch75 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:42 pm

I was implanted on 10/25/17. The surgery went good, not much pain and very little swelling. AMS LGX 18 x 3 RTE. However now that I am cycling the results are not what I was anticipating. Floppy head and pump too high. Doctor said give it some time but the tips are right at the bottom of my glans. It was done here in Oklahoma, not going to give out names and I know I will hear that I should have went to this doctor or that doctor, but being self employed with a family and not wanting anyone else to find out except for my wife really makes that hard. It was much easier to do it local, saying that I still want to stay around here as close as I can and am looking at the Dallas area for a second opinion. Would go to Dr Morey but he does not take my insurance so that knocks him out. Anybody else have one they would recommend in the Dallas/Fort Worth area? I am only about 3 hours away from there. This forum has been great to read and learn from - Thanks in advance!!
42 year old. ED for 7 years, too many side effects with pills, bad experience with shots. Implanted on 10/25/17. Surgery went fine, results not so good. AMS LGX 18 x 3 rte

Lost Sheep

Re: Looking for a second opinion.

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:01 pm

How aggressively are you cycling?

With the AMS LGX ability lo expand in length you just MIGHT be able to get the distal tips of the implant to extend further into the glans. You might reach out to the AMS Patient Liason for advice. Of course knowldgeable and experienced FT members wil coment on my advice as wel, I hpoe.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:19 pm

Are you able to penetrate?

Fletch75

Postby Fletch75 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:40 pm

I am cycling at least twice a day for as long as possible. Can't tell it is doing much good so far. Maybe the tips will move up further with more cycling but not really sure they can go up far enough considering how bad they are now. I can penetrate but it is only with me on top and standing and that is not easy. Not that that is a bad thing!!! But all other positions are basically impossible. Would love to be able to see Kramer or eid but they are just too far away for me. I appreciate the responses
42 year old. ED for 7 years, too many side effects with pills, bad experience with shots. Implanted on 10/25/17. Surgery went fine, results not so good. AMS LGX 18 x 3 rte

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:04 pm

Based on your experience, I believe you do need a second opinion. Keep in mind that another opinion from let’s say Morey for example would only cost a couple hundred or so without insurance for an exam/consultation only. You could also go for a Skype consultation with Dr Eid. Then if you are recommended for a revision, you know where you stand and can plan it. There are ways to go with the surgeon of your choice like possibly taking out a loan to pay or even get a 2nd part time job to get insurance. Been there done that myself.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:06 pm

Also there’s a member on here named Genome that has floppy head as well. He uses a cock ring and is able to get by. In the meantime keep cycling aggressively.

Fletch75

Postby Fletch75 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:58 pm

Though about just going ahead and seeing Dr Morey but really would just like to get an second opinion from someone and if needed use them for the surgery as well. Money is really not the problem but since I have insurance and if there is someone just as good it just wise sense. Not really interested in a cock ring if there is a real fix for the problem, but if it comes to that I guess I will look into it. So if anyone can recommend in the Dallas or nearby area just let me know. Thanks

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:04 pm

Fletch,

I think that doing the web consultation with Dr. Eid is worthwhile. He is THE master, so doubt about it.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Return to “Implants”