Testicles have not dropped back down

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
VegasED
Location: Las Vegas NV, actually I live in Henderson a suburb of LV

Testicles have not dropped back down

Postby VegasED » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:43 pm

Greetings my fellow bionic brothers. I had my implant on Nov.6 and had my 5 week check this past Wed. My doctor says, "I could not have asked for any better healing." I asked him about my testicles still pulled up since the surgery. They have been up like when you are cold, of course the swelling has gone way down, but I asked if is this common to not be back to the normal hanging down at 5 weeks? I was never impressed with this doctor's communication skills, but he says "I didn't rearrange your testicles, they go where they want and when they want, I have no control over them." He acted like he didn't know what I was talking about when I asked about when does he think they will drop down again.
So, if anyone has experienced the same thing for a while but had them drop back down again, let me know. I could use a little reassurance. He is supposed to be in the top 3 implant surgeons in Vegas, the one Coloplast referred me to and he was on my insurance list, so I don't doubt that if something was wrong he would have said so. I would just like to hear from anyone if they had the pulled up testicle thing for quite a while.
VegasED 61 yo - Insulin Diabetic - Coloplast Implanted 11-6-17, tubing issue pictures posted 6/11/18

ThePlumber1964

Re: Testicles have not dropped back down

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:33 pm

My right testicle also was up high after my third surgery. Pretty painful :( . It didn’t come down after 8 months by itself. It basically went to reside where the previous pump was located, which was one of the goals for such surgery (too high pump).

However, when I had my last surgery, the doctor was able to bring it down substantially. There was too much scar tissue from the previous surgeries, that when he removed it, there was enough room to drop to a point that the pain is gone.

ThePlumber
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:52 pm

VegasED,
I had implant surgery on Sept. 18. Nearly all my life I had lowhanging balls. About 10 years ago a doctor prescribed Androgel (used for Low-T) saying it might strengthen my erections. All it did was shrink my balls and my sac. Since then they have been high and tight. Following implant surgery I could not distinguish testicles from the pump. It was just a hard mass. I think it was about 2 1/2-3 weeks until I could easily feel each ball and the pump.

My surgeon placed my pump below my testicles and the tubing pushes my scrotum down. My balls stayed high at first, but for a couple weeks now they started dropping down into the space beside the pump. They are lower now than they have been for years.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:41 am

I had my implant Nove 6 also. My right testicle is about the same height as before surgery. My left testicle is much higher than it was before. The pump bulb is at the bottom and left of my scrotum and produces a bit of a bulge.

I had a vasectomy at the same time as the implant surgery.

My surgeon says the left testicle may come down in time. It is still surrounded by some swelling (less each day) since my surgery).

For a couple weeks after surgery scrotal swelling was too great and too sore for me to attempt locating anthing down there. I was NOT going to risk my Surgeon's artistry - NO WAY!.

After 14 days I was able to locate the deflate valve, operate it and re-inflate. This was VERY tentative. On day 16, after consulting with my Surgeon, I began cycling in earnest to the maximu extent I could tolerate.

As time progressed, I was able to locate my left testicle, but not to move it around.

Week 6, I am able to separate the left testicle from the pump and bulb a little and actually get it down a fraction of an inch, though it does not stay down. I also detect less swollen tissue surrounding the testicle. The right testicle is easy to separate from the pump valve and bulb.

i share these details of my progress because I belief your progress may parallel mine, albeit starting from a more "elevated" and restricted location. I believe these details will give you reassuarance of your own future progress and that, as my Surgeon has told me and yours has told you that there is noting to be concerned about.

I have begun easing my left testicle downward li9ttle by little. Though I am not sure this is a good idea. In its present location, it is up and out of the way of my operation of the pump. A mixed blessing, I guess.

Good luck

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:48 am

Lost Sheep wrote:I had my implant Nove 6 also. My right testicle is about the same height as before surgery. My left testicle is much higher than it was before. The pump bulb is at the bottom and left of my scrotum and produces a bit of a bulge.

I had a vasectomy at the same time as the implant surgery.

My surgeon says the left testicle may come down in time. It is still surrounded by some swelling (less each day) since my surgery).

For a couple weeks after surgery scrotal swelling was too great and too sore for me to attempt locating anthing down there. I was NOT going to risk my Surgeon's artistry - NO WAY!.

After 14 days I was able to locate the deflate valve, operate it and re-inflate. This was VERY tentative. On day 16, after consulting with my Surgeon, I began cycling in earnest to the maximu extent I could tolerate.

As time progressed, I was able to locate my left testicle, but not to move it around.

Week 6, I am able to separate the left testicle from the pump and bulb a little and actually get it down a fraction of an inch, though it does not stay down. I also detect less swollen tissue surrounding the testicle. The right testicle is easy to separate from the pump valve and bulb.

i share these details of my progress because I belief your progress may parallel mine, albeit starting from a more "elevated" and restricted location. I believe these details will give you reassuarance of your own future progress and that, as my Surgeon has told me and yours has told you that there is noting to be concerned about.

I have begun easing my left testicle downward li9ttle by little. Though I am not sure this is a good idea. In its present location, it is up and out of the way of my operation of the pump. A mixed blessing, I guess.

Good luck

Lost Sheep

Sheep;
Thank you for the details. Now that my implant surgery is complete, this is the next subject that will be near and dear to me. :)

Larry

VegasED
Location: Las Vegas NV, actually I live in Henderson a suburb of LV

Postby VegasED » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:40 pm

Thanks all for your replies! Larry wish you a fast and healthy recovery! Lost sheep, I believe you are correct. The right testicle has dropped down & I can feel it fairly close to the pump & the left one is somewhat above the pump. I guess it's just my scrotal skin that is still swollen and mostly looks like one big mass.I also have several tubes looking like a weird mass to the left of penis shaft. I certainly hope they will be hidden in time.
VegasED 61 yo - Insulin Diabetic - Coloplast Implanted 11-6-17, tubing issue pictures posted 6/11/18

Return to “Implants”