preoperative tests

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
trylamnet

preoperative tests

Postby trylamnet » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:57 am

Hi

What is included in the preoperative tests before penile implants? Do they screen for STDs including HIV and hepatitis?
I hate HIV testing as I start obsessing and convincing myself I must have got it. (I have anxiety problems)

Larry10625

Re: preoperative tests

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:48 am

trylamnet wrote:Hi

What is included in the preoperative tests before penile implants? Do they screen for STDs including HIV and hepatitis?
I hate HIV testing as I start obsessing and convincing myself I must have got it. (I have anxiety problems)

Jesus, what have you been stickin your dick in to be that anxious about an HIV test?? :)

Larry

Eugene

Re: preoperative tests

Postby Eugene » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:17 am

Surgeons do not routinely screen for hepatitis or HIV. But, if you are so concerned about it, you should talk with your primary care provider to rule out any such infection.

Your surgeon or a primary car provider working with your surgeon will do a basic history and physical with some blood work. Its an interview, as well, regarding your general health and physical condition. It is really nothing. This is your opportunity to discuss any concerns that you have. You will also be interviewed by the CRNA or anesthesiologist that will giving you "nap time". Again no big deal but necessary to take good care of you. The surgical team does not like to encounter surprises when you are on the table. The more they know, the better for everyone.
Prostatectomy and radiation therapy 2/05. AMS 700 implanted 9/17.

Return to “Implants”