How many pumps?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
RoboDobo

How many pumps?

Postby RoboDobo » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:16 pm

I am average length. About 6 in erect. I will be having a Coloplast implant. How many pumps does it typically take to get it good and hard?
Prostate surgery Feb 2016. Penile implant Jan 2018 Coloplast

Greg1956

Re: How many pumps?

Postby Greg1956 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:33 pm

RoboDobo,
I have an AMS LGX so it may vary, but I wanted to weigh in wth a pumping technique I was told about. Instructions said to pump once, let the bulb fully refill from the reservoir and then pump again, etc. When I pumped up that way, it way taking way too many pumps. The tip I learned was to do quick pumps, not waiting for the bulb to fill. Now my 6 incher is rock hard at 25-30 pumps, about half of the pumps needed the other way.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:19 am

Depends how many pumps you have in for everyday walking around........ but around 25-30 starting from pretty floppy
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

RoboDobo

Postby RoboDobo » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:05 pm

Thanks guys...that is what I needed to know. Just to get a feel for the number. I was just hoping I was not going to here 50, or something like that, as that would make spontaneity a challenge !!!!
Prostate surgery Feb 2016. Penile implant Jan 2018 Coloplast

Lost Sheep

Variation in resistance of the pump bulb?

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:00 am

Greg1956 wrote:RoboDobo,
I have an AMS LGX so it may vary, but I wanted to weigh in wth a pumping technique I was told about. Instructions said to pump once, let the bulb fully refill from the reservoir and then pump again, etc. When I pumped up that way, it way taking way too many pumps. The tip I learned was to do quick pumps, not waiting for the bulb to fill. Now my 6 incher is rock hard at 25-30 pumps, about half of the pumps needed the other way.

Greg

Thanks for your notes on alternative pumping up technique. IOt brings to mind a question I have about full=compression vs quick pumps and wait time between pumps for refilling of the bulb or re-setting of internal valves in the pump's valve body

Is variation in resistance of the pump bulb normal?

I have been cycling my implant (AMS LGX) for three weeks now (implanted 11/06/16, began cycling tentatively 11/20 and in earnest 11/22 and now it is 12/13) and have observed that the pump behaves somewhat erratically and I seek your thoughts.

First pump, the bulb "breaks" (as most seem to describe it with a "pop") a bit easier now than earlier. The release valve works more reliably now, too--I can feel the "buzz" of the flow. I used to feel it only during the early deflation flow, but now can feel it for the entire deflation. My implant gets more flaccid now than in the earlier weeks, too.

All the forgoing seems to be as I expected from the reports of other members. What is weird now is that I pump up to where the bulb gets too firm to pump any more (does not make any difference if I pump with small pumps or full-depth squeezes). Rigidity of erection is just barely enough for penetration at this point (the implant buckles if I press very hard on the end of my penis). But if I switch hands or change the position of the pump I can get a few more shallow pumps. Also, if I wait a few minutes, I can get a few more shallow or moderately full pumps. Does this suggest a kink in the tubing? Or perhaps a slow backflow leak. Ultimately, the implant gets rigid enough that buckling requires a LOT of pressure on the end of my penis-certainly more than a ready and lubricated vaginal opening would give.

As the days have passed, I do seem to be able to get a little bit more rigidity with continued pumping past the points I described above. And maybe a tiny bit more length. Am I expecting too much too soon?

From fully flaccid to fully erect, the length of my 18cm LGX does increase by about 1/4" and the position of the distal tips in my glans goes from about 60% deep to 80% deep. That is, the tips seem to go from about 3/8" from my penis tip to a mere 1/8" from my tip. (estimated)

So, the question I have: Is the variation in resistance of the pump bulb normal? Sometimes having to wait between compressions before able to compress again and sometimes not And shifting position of my hands or the pump itself making additional compressions possible? Is it a timing thing or is there a possibility that I have a kink in the tubing?
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

rdnkbiker

Postby rdnkbiker » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:44 am

I have a lgx also and at first it was difficult seemed like I would get it pumped and after a bit almost felt limp but in my case I think its just the breaking in process now it doesn't do that as at first.... now I can get it more than hard enough for sex and if i get to some foreplay for 15 20 minutes i can pump some more in making it harder and fuller lgx are supposed to stretch up to 20% length and girth so i think your experiencing the break in hopefully this will help
jim
HBP since my 20s Full ED i was 55 when i received my implant January 17th 2017 sever scare tissue through corpora cavernosa clear to the glands (no blood flow) complete revision new equipment july 10th 2023 AMS CX 21cm by DR.William Brant very happy

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:25 am

I have had my AMS 700CX for one year on October 4. The pump is much more pliable now. Most of the time I keep 5 to 7 in all the time. Because I have a CX, I could pump indefinitely but I find about 30 good (wall to wall) pumps great for sex. My dick is good and rigid.
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:20 am

LostSheep,
I will begin by saying each of us is different so I don’t believe there really is a normal. Our anatomies vary, as does our healing, etc. I know some guys here have talked about not getting hard enough, but there always seems to be a break-thru day when it changes. I never had that issue.

When I went in for my activation appt. there was a guy in the next room getting activated and he was crying and nearly screaming in pain. I was dreading when the doc stepped in my exam room. When he pumped me up I had what I would call mild discomfort, but not pain. My erections have been very strong and in fact I do not pump it all the way up for sex with my wife or for masturbation.

The number of pumps was very sporadic at first. One time I got 80 and was thinking this was going to be a nightmare. Aside from that one time it has been way less, but it is not totally consistent as I mentioned, for me quick squeezes reduces the number of pumps required for full erection.

I noticed at one point that I thought I had one hand totally clear of the pump bulb (above the bulb) to hold it steady while using the other hand to pump. I realized sometimes the hand steadying the pump was actually grazing against the deflate button very subtly, but enough to hit it. Then I could get a couple more full pumps in. Once I was aware of that and held it differently that issue went away.

Part of the cycling process is to get your dick as hard as possible to stretch it so you eventually maximize your length. I would say at a few weeks my length change from soft to hard was minimal like you are experiencing. Now there is an inch and a half difference most of the time. Just the other day I posted my three month update and included pix so you can see the difference. The same pix are posted in Donnie’s (ddbryan) Implant Pix folder.

I think you just need to be patient and likely all will be great. You are still healing.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:57 pm

Greg1956 wrote:LostSheep,
I will begin by saying each of us is different so I don’t believe there really is a normal. Our anatomies vary, as does our healing, etc. I know some guys here have talked about not getting hard enough, but there always seems to be a break-thru day when it changes. I never had that issue.

When I went in for my activation appt. there was a guy in the next room getting activated and he was crying and nearly screaming in pain. I was dreading when the doc stepped in my exam room. When he pumped me up I had what I would call mild discomfort, but not pain. My erections have been very strong and in fact I do not pump it all the way up for sex with my wife or for masturbation.

The number of pumps was very sporadic at first. One time I got 80 and was thinking this was going to be a nightmare. Aside from that one time it has been way less, but it is not totally consistent as I mentioned, for me quick squeezes reduces the number of pumps required for full erection.

I noticed at one point that I thought I had one hand totally clear of the pump bulb (above the bulb) to hold it steady while using the other hand to pump. I realized sometimes the hand steadying the pump was actually grazing against the deflate button very subtly, but enough to hit it. Then I could get a couple more full pumps in. Once I was aware of that and held it differently that issue went away.

Part of the cycling process is to get your dick as hard as possible to stretch it so you eventually maximize your length. I would say at a few weeks my length change from soft to hard was minimal like you are experiencing. Now there is an inch and a half difference most of the time. Just the other day I posted my three month update and included pix so you can see the difference. The same pix are posted in Donnie’s (ddbryan) Implant Pix folder.

I think you just need to be patient and likely all will be great. You are still healing.

Greg

I attribute my lack of discomfort cycling (tentatively on day 14 and vigorously from day 16 postop) to the vacuum therapy in which I engaged for 11 months before surgery, and to the skill of my surgeon. Do you have a guess for your own situation?

I can only get one hand at a time on the pump and bulb, but the angle it rides at makes it fall readily to my left hand (my right hand is compromised) and pumping is fairly easy. But it takes 15 minutes to get rigidity sufficient to preveny buckling and nearly an hour to get rigidity up to the maximum obtainable. This is whether I use full bulb pumps with pauses or quick shallow pumps with or without pauses.

What still confuses me is the times when the bulb will not compress at all any more, but if I wait 3 or 4 minutes, i can again get more pumps in. I feel no stretching of scar tissue in my penis when this happens. Perhaos it is too subtle.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:46 pm

Greg[/quote]
I attribute my lack of discomfort cycling (tentatively on day 14 and vigorously from day 16 postop) to the vacuum therapy in which I engaged for 11 months before surgery, and to the skill of my surgeon. Do you have a guess for your own situation?

I can only get one hand at a time on the pump and bulb, but the angle it rides at makes it fall readily to my left hand (my right hand is compromised) and pumping is fairly easy. But it takes 15 minutes to get rigidity sufficient to preveny buckling and nearly an hour to get rigidity up to the maximum obtainable. This is whether I use full bulb pumps with pauses or quick shallow pumps with or without pauses.

What still confuses me is the times when the bulb will not compress at all any more, but if I wait 3 or 4 minutes, i can again get more pumps in. I feel no stretching of scar tissue in my penis when this happens. Perhaos it is too subtle.[/quote]

I attribute my successful implant surgery to my surgeon, Dr. Ronald Anglade. I was so impressed with him from my Prostatectonmy. I had none of the typical side effects associated with that surgery.

If I were in your situation I would contact your surgeon and/or implant representative and explain what you just said here. Of all the comments I have read from men here on FT and from info on the manufacturer's websites, I have never seen anything about taking an hour to get a rigid erection. Using the quick squeeze method, I have a rock hard erection in less than a minute. In fact it is harder than my wife and I like for sex. We are both much more comfortable with it pumped to about 3/4 which probably takes 30-40 seconds.

Even when cycling to try to stretch the implant and maximize my penis size, I pump to full erection in less than one minute and then wait a few minutes and get another pump or two in and wait, get another, etc. within several minutes, I can't get any more pumps in.

Greg

Return to “Implants”