Revision 12/13/17

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
radioradio

Re: Revision tomorrow 5:30 am.

Postby radioradio » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:59 pm

ddbryan1972 wrote:I may be out of the loop but why all these revision surgeries. Why can't a terrific doctor put a pump in the right place. I used a local in Orlando and my surgery was flawless! Pump at the very bottom of my scrotum.
Donnie

Donnie,

I don't know the answer to that. Possible it's just the way the numbers work out...

Higher number of cases times a given revision rate will produce more revisions than a lower number of cases times the same rate. Maybe?

I do know that in my case, I'm a bit of a whack job about this, looking for perfection I guess. A FT brother who did a show and tell for me had a higher pump position than mine and he was thrilled with it. So I guess the definition of "too high" is subjective.

Bob 2.3.1
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

TomW46

Re: Revision 12/13/17

Postby TomW46 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:56 am

Bob:

1. Did you need to have that Foley's catheter again? I hated that bastard!

2. Did you get a new Titan Touch pump or some other model?

Tom
Age 72, wife is 52. 20+1 cm Titan Touch implanted by Dr. Kramer on 18 October 2017. Revision to AMS LGX 21+2 cm on 11 June 2018 by Dr. Carrion at Tampa General. Age-related ED + slight Peyronies bend (left) and slight hourglass in the center.

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:15 am

TomW46 wrote:Bob:

1. Did you need to have that Foley's catheter again? I hated that bastard!

2. Did you get a new Titan Touch pump or some other model?

Tom

Tom,

I had a catheter but it was removed before I left the OR. I have an LGX, not the Titan. New LGX pump installed.

Please see my PM to you.

Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:47 pm

9 days since surgery....

First, this is way less of an ordeal when the inside of your penis isn't attacked and then stuffed with those cyclinders. That being said, the nut sack discomfort was only somewhat less intense, and I have a way to go.

I just took a bath, relaxed and did some exploring of the neighborhood. My pump is now nice and low in my sack on the left, and has taken over that part of the 'hood. I'm surprised at how much tissue made up the capsule around the first pump. It's all still there, up by the base of my penis on the left. Doesn't hurt, just takes up some space, but it is soft, not like the "brick" that was there at the top of the pump. :) My left nut is still hiding up inside me -- it pretty much has been since the original implant in August.

The good news is that while in the bath, I was able to find and depress the deflate button. When I squeezed my dick I could feel the buzz from the saline going through the pump, just like the old days. :). The better news is that I got the "pop" for inflation with just a couple of tries. I was concerned that with a new stiff pump it would take a while to get that mastered, like it did originally. Too sore to give it more than one good squeeze, but it sure brought a smile to my face, and relief to my worries about whether I'd ever get back to where I was. (I tend to worry way too much :shock: .)

So I think I'm past my second WTFDID? moment.

Wishing all my bionic brothers the best for happy holidays and a hard and healthy 2018.

Bob 2.3.1

Return to “Implants”