FRUSTRATED! Need help..........

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
ThePlumber1964

Re: FRUSTRATED! Need help..........

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:36 pm

I know that this part of the process can be frustrating and creates anxiety. Granted that this is my fourth one, but indeed, if you follow Dr. Eid’s instructions for immediate post-op, you can start the inflation/deflation on day 3. I was also skeptical about it since all my 3 previous surgeries required me to wait 4-6 weeks, but I was able to achieve it on day 3 (Saturday, having surgery on Wednesday).

The most important thing is not to panic, and not to proceed if you are not sure. Use the sample pump and close your eyes, trying to visualize its parts and shapes. Start with a hot tub bath and take the pain medication at least 30 minuets before, and once your scrotal sac is relaxed, try to palpate the pump until you feel that you can identify its parts. Once you feel comfortable with identifying the parts, relax and give it a try. Do this several times a day; it will increase your proficiency and confidence on yourself. You will get it, no doubt about it!

ThePlumber
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

LVhome

Postby LVhome » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:02 am

ThePlumber1964 wrote:I know that this part of the process can be frustrating and creates anxiety. Granted that this is my fourth one, but indeed, if you follow Dr. Eid’s instructions for immediate post-op, you can start the inflation/deflation on day 3. I was also skeptical about it since all my 3 previous surgeries required me to wait 4-6 weeks, but I was able to achieve it on day 3 (Saturday, having surgery on Wednesday).

The most important thing is not to panic, and not to proceed if you are not sure. Use the sample pump and close your eyes, trying to visualize its parts and shapes. Start with a hot tub bath and take the pain medication at least 30 minuets before, and once your scrotal sac is relaxed, try to palpate the pump until you feel that you can identify its parts. Once you feel comfortable with identifying the parts, relax and give it a try. Do this several times a day; it will increase your proficiency and confidence on yourself. You will get it, no doubt about it!

ThePlumber
ThePlumber1964 wrote:I know that this part of the process can be frustrating and creates anxiety. Granted that this is my fourth one, but indeed, if you follow Dr. Eid’s instructions for immediate post-op, you can start the inflation/deflation on day 3. I was also skeptical about it since all my 3 previous surgeries required me to wait 4-6 weeks, but I was able to achieve it on day 3 (Saturday, having surgery on Wednesday).

ThePlumber

Thanks plumber!
Age 54. ED since age 35. Tried all the oral medications as well as injections. No luck. Scheduled For implant with Dr Eid on November 28, 2017.

medhatg

Postby medhatg » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:18 pm

LVHome,

How are you doing brother?

Matt

LVhome

Postby LVhome » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:36 am

medhatg wrote:LVHome,

Matt

Hey Matt.

Saw Dr Eid yesterday. He felt that all though it's ideal to start inflating/deflating 3-5 days post-op, I should be ok waiting until I'm 13 days out. That is the day I go back again to have stitches removed. Balls and sack are still really inflated. He's confident that at day 13 the swelling will be greatly reduced and I'll have any easier time finding the pump and deflate valve.

Thanks for checking in, buddy.
Age 54. ED since age 35. Tried all the oral medications as well as injections. No luck. Scheduled For implant with Dr Eid on November 28, 2017.

medhatg

Postby medhatg » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:27 pm

LVhome wrote:
medhatg wrote:LVHome,

Matt

Hey Matt.

Saw Dr Eid yesterday. He felt that all though it's ideal to start inflating/deflating 3-5 days post-op, I should be ok waiting until I'm 13 days out. That is the day I go back again to have stitches removed. Balls and sack are still really inflated. He's confident that at day 13 the swelling will be greatly reduced and I'll have any easier time finding the pump and deflate valve.

Thanks for checking in, buddy.

Good to hear brother. Did he give you anti-inflammatory? That helped me a lot in getting the swelling down.
For me, I could not figure out what is in my scrotum until may be 2 weeks or even later. So you should be okay, don't worry.

Matt

Return to “Implants”