What happens to erectile tissue during implant surgery?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.

Moderator: Larry10625

robertm

What happens to erectile tissue during implant surgery?

Postby robertm » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:33 pm

In the near future I will be speaking with a urologist about an implant. Thanks to all the information on FrankTalk, I will be armed with a lot of specific questions. However, one topic I haven't seen discussed much here is what happens to the corpus cavernosa during implant surgery? I thought that I've seen posts from guys whose doctor preserves some of the erectile tissue during implant surgery. Is that what most docs do or does it depend on the doctor? If that is done, has anyone noticed any natural engorgement even with an implant present?
59 yrs old. Gradually worsening ED for 10 years. Pills and trimix not working well anymore. Will need an implant in the near future.

dg_moore

Re: What happens to erectile tissue during implant surgery?

Postby dg_moore » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:22 pm

AFAIK no tissue is removed. It is moved aside/displaced by a dilator which opens up space for the cylinders to be inserted.
Dave, 74, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

David_R

Postby David_R » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:53 pm

I've been told that that corpora tissue is kind of "spongy," so it is just squished and the cylinders are put in.
Baltimore area. Age 68. Prostatectomy in 2000, CX inserted in 2002. Wore out after 12 yrs., got LGX in 2014. I am glad I had them both. My great urologist is Dr. Marc Siegelbaum. (After regular inflating I regained my original length and girth.)

robertm

Postby robertm » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:19 pm

Thanks for the replies. I was just wondering if the doctor makes a conscious effort to preserve as much of the corporosa as possible.
59 yrs old. Gradually worsening ED for 10 years. Pills and trimix not working well anymore. Will need an implant in the near future.

Return to “Implants”