Big surprise in mail

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Zxylpk

Re: Big surprise in mail

Postby Zxylpk » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:20 am

Mine was $85k. Medicare paid 100%. Looks like someone screwed up the paperwork. They need tofix it and resubmit.
74 y/o Implant 21cm, 1cm rte ams 700 CX, Feb 21, 2017, Dr. Karpman, Mt View, CA

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:11 pm

Zxylpk wrote:Mine was $85k. Medicare paid 100%. Looks like someone screwed up the paperwork. They need tofix it and resubmit.

Is it just me or is anyone wondering why there seems to be such a HUGE difference in the cost of this procedure. In Canada, this procedure cost about $33,000 USD.

Larry

Gordon

Postby Gordon » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:23 pm

I would call doctor's insurance dept. they should have had you pre approved before anything happened. Their fault, and you should then seek legal advice. Attorney fee for advice would be a lot less than the medical bill. Hang in there and fight it.
Married 64
AMS LGX 700 2/15/2017

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:05 pm

hturner12 wrote:When I got the mail Thursday had an EoB from my secondary insurance GEHA. They did pay a fucking dime on my surgery. It was billed at 75k billed. Said it was not covered
by my plan. This is ridiculous my dr insurance department had 2 months prior to find out this shit. Not almost 3 months post op. I it looks like Medicare paid around 15. I do not know how much they are going to write off. So far the only bill I got was for 106.00 for some preop stuff. If I had know before hand I would had serious second thoughts a working dick is not worth what 8t is going to cost us

As zxylpk said:

EoBs include somewhere on them an explanatin for the denial. Oftentimes it is the omission of additional documents, a coding error or other simple administrative detail. Read the small print thoroughly and call the number of the reviewing company.

I work for an insurance adjusting company and this is not uncommon and re-submission with the error/omission corrected is easy and simple. In the meantime, don't alienate the people who are on your side. The people who made the mistake are also the same ones you are counting on to fix it. And, like I said and in my experience, the fix is usually easy and simple. Appeals are not u8sually necessary, but are another route to solution as well.

Good Luck
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:57 pm

rick61 wrote:I would call doctor's insurance dept. they should have had you pre approved before anything happened. Their fault, and you should then seek legal advice. Attorney fee for advice would be a lot less than the medical bill. Hang in there and fight it.

There seems to be a lot of lawyers that have free consults.

Larry

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:00 pm

In Germany you pay US$ 29,000 - everything included, even some days in hospital.
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:23 pm

They will pay for sex change. But penile implants are sexual dysfynction not covered. Which to me is fucked up. Iam thinking discrimantion against

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:24 pm

I do not know how much the are going to write off. Medicare pays some

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:01 pm

Medicare should cover, in worst case scenario, no less than 80% of the customary and usual value of the procedure, including the implant. I tend to agree with LostSheep; usually just wrong coding is the culprit of this type of denial. Just make sure you are doing everything possible to help the people at the office that are trying to have it paid. They have a vested interest to have it fixed.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Jamesbond

Postby Jamesbond » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:15 am

Medicare used to pay for almost all of it. Maybe a few hundred that was not covered. Way I was told is most insurance company's follow what Medicare does.
If Medicare pony picked up small amount they may have made cutbacks to program. They keep cutting back. Then over the next few years all the insurance company's might stop covering implants.

When it became public that VED where covered by Medicare the politicians stoped it. The media went with story. Right after that they stoped covering it.

Friend of mines father had by-pass surgury. Private ins co picked up everything.
Hospital said they negotiate prices with ins co. Ins co gives them hard time so they have to work cheap.
Was surprised how cheap it was. Even the Dr's fees was very low. He is a top rated Dr on area. A woman know had a mild heart attack. She stayed in hospital I think one or 2 nights. Her heart attack was so mild they where not sure she had a heart attack. She begged them to leave. Her bill was over $600K.
No surgury. Just some blood thinners and an IV and tests.
She lost her house and got cleaned out over it.

I did not have ins for a few yrs.
For minor things I think Dr's like it better if you don't have insurance.
They get to price gouge you. They all take a check or cash.
Thinking of getting implant. Have not done it because of the length I
have lost.
50, Straight, I miss women

Return to “Implants”