IMPLANTS AND TSA...WARNING!

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Larry10625

Re: IMPLANTS AND TSA...WARNING!

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:13 am

hturner12 wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:
Robocock444 wrote:My implant got picked up by scanner at Bradley/Hartford airport. I told T SA about my implant, but had no card. Was thoroughly hand assaulted. Deep down my backside with a backhand finger along my crack. And a visual check too. Then deep down the front. Front of hand down my scrotum with the back of index finger pushing my dick to the side. Then over to the left side with the same push pull. They then pulled my pants open left and right searching both manually and visually. Finding nothing, they then swiped my hands for a residue check. Nothing again. So they opened my bags and searched my cpap Nothing again. So they took my snack bag and super scanned my apples and pretzels. Still not satisfied, they searched my wheelchair bound sister in the same fashion. I'm not thinking the card would have overcome the ignorance. Just sayin...

WOW!!! and I am going on a cruise in February... I will make sure I take my card and hope that helps.

Larry

Larry I just got back no 0r9blem with ship s3curity, but I have a hip replacement also. I always tell the officer about my hip as so as I get in line. The few times I have flown tell them and the just put me and my wife thru the body scanner. On the cruise it was just the hand wand

So, Hugh, tell me about your cruise.. where did you go, what cruise line, what ship, how was your experience, what kinds of things did you do, what deck were you on???? Signed "Nosey Parker" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Larry

Robocock444

Postby Robocock444 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:20 am

I've flown many times with each implant. I know implants are always spotted and they pull me aside about half of the time for s want swipe. No biggie. They do this even after my notification. However, it's usually a very quick encounter. Just satisfies the rulebook,supervisers,camera watchers,etc. And i have ansolutely no problem with that. I just thought everone should know that they are not passing security scans unoticed.
2 LGX Failures. 1 Titan failure. Best Dr's in Ct. cause much pain and swelling. Saw Dr Eid and had Titan 24 +1 installed. No pain or swelling. Back in business in 14 days !

LVhome

Postby LVhome » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:38 am

Quote="Robocock444"]My implant got picked up by scanner at Bradley/Hartford airport. I told T SA about my implant, but had no card. Was thoroughly hand assaulted. Deep down my backside with a backhand finger along my crack. And a visual check too. Then deep down the front. Front of hand down my scrotum with the back of index finger pushing my dick to the side. Then over to the left side with the same push pull. They then pulled my pants open left and right searching both manually and visually. Finding nothing, they then swiped my hands for a residue check. Nothing again. So they opened my bags and searched my cpap Nothing again. So they took my snack bag and super scanned my apples and pretzels. Still not satisfied, they searched my wheelchair bound sister in the same fashion. I'm not thinking the card would have overcome the ignorance. Just sayin...[/quote]
Age 54. ED since age 35. Tried all the oral medications as well as injections. No luck. Scheduled For implant with Dr Eid on November 28, 2017.

LVhome

Postby LVhome » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:54 am

Yikes! robo, is that what I have to look forward to? I live in Newington. I'll be getting my implant in two weeks.

quote="LVhome"]Quote="Robocock444"]My implant got picked up by scanner at Bradley/Hartford airport. I told T SA about my implant, but had no card. Was thoroughly hand assaulted. Deep down my backside with a backhand finger along my crack. And a visual check too. Then deep down the front. Front of hand down my scrotum with the back of index finger pushing my dick to the side. Then over to the left side with the same push pull. They then pulled my pants open left and right searching both manually and visually. Finding nothing, they then swiped my hands for a residue check. Nothing again. So they opened my bags and searched my cpap Nothing again. So they took my snack bag and super scanned my apples and pretzels. Still not satisfied, they searched my wheelchair bound sister in the same fashion. I'm not thinking the card would have overcome the ignorance. Just sayin...[/quote][/quote]
Age 54. ED since age 35. Tried all the oral medications as well as injections. No luck. Scheduled For implant with Dr Eid on November 28, 2017.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:34 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:Along about the time things started going off the deep end, I would suggest any future victims of TSA / week should ask for the names of the people involved and the name of their supervisor.

If possible, ask/demand to speak to the supervisor before "consenting" to any further search

Note; TSA's website has posted on it, The Travelers Bill of Rights. Print out copies and put them with your airline ticket and in your baggage

Also remember the frontline inspctors are GS-4 employees. Supervisors are higher rank, greater responsibility and ACCOUNTABILITY. Career yemployees have career records to protect.

I think I will amend my earlier post by saying that it is a good idea whenever dealing with anyone, call them by their name. It is polite and also notifies them that you are paying attention to what they do. (The good and the bad). If they feel this might get them a congratulatory letter to their supervisor, they have incentive to treat you well. If they feel this might get them a spot on their record, they have incentive to not treat you badly. Either way, you are not threatening them overtly, since their reaction to you knowing their name depends completely on what they have in their heart towards you from the get-go.

This applies to TSA, waiters, janitors, bank clerks, neighbors...

Diplomacy (kindness-type or "gunboat" type). It ain't just for diplomats.

And don't forget to write those letters of thanks, congratulations or complaint. They do get read most of the time.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:09 pm

gosh .... such a bummer .... I have never had an issue at TSA.

I have flown 20 times since the implant. Both international and domestic. Here has been my experience:

70% of the time, I go right through -- no issue
30% of the time, they pat down my right thigh or some very limited pat down -- nothing out of the ordinary and it is pretty much what everyone else is geting.

I never carry a card with implant info (I never got one).

I suppose if TSA had an issue with me, I would discreetly whisper in the TSA agent ear that "I have a medical implant device in my penis done as prostate cancer reconstruction". Or for the younger men "I have a medical device in my penis done to reconstruct damage after an accident." I am certain that their sense of human compassion will prevail and they will let you through. If you are worried, you can always have your friends go through first -- and then give your story to TSA without concern about being overheard.

And just for fun, if your friends ask, "why were they patting you down there ? " You can say, "yep, it's wierd, I have a big dick and it throws off that body scanner. I always try to explain to them by saying 'Dude, it's my dick, OK' but they don't always take my word for it !" :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:14 pm

TANGERINE wrote: If you are worried, you can always have your friends go through first -- and then give your story to TSA without concern about being overheard.

And just for fun, if your friends ask, "why were they patting you down there ? " You can say, "yep, it's wierd, I have a big dick and it throws off that body scanner. I always try to explain to them by saying 'Dude, it's my dick, OK' but they don't always take my word for it !" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tangerine,
That's pretty funny! :shock:
Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

David_R

Postby David_R » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:56 pm

dg_moore wrote:I've flown with my implant and have never once been hassled in any way, and that's with me making no mention of the device at all.

Same for me.
I also remember that the amount of inspection that is done can depend on which airport it is. When I flew from Baltimore to Miami, it was no big deal. But when I flew from Miami back to Baltimore -- man, was that a thorough inspection (not as bad as the one described by Robocock though)!
Last edited by David_R on Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

medhatg

Postby medhatg » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:30 pm

Robocock444 wrote:My implant got picked up by scanner at Bradley/Hartford airport....

Hi Robocock444, do you remember if your boarding pass was marked with "$$$$$$$$$"
If it was marked that way, then you were "randomly" selected for heightened screening, and that has nothing to do with your implant.

shadowwolfe

Postby shadowwolfe » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:39 pm

I posted my story several years back but I was the first person forced to totally strip in front of several agents.

The original agent kept grabbing my penis and then he had a supervisor do the same and they told me I was lying and that wasn't my penis. In the end I had 5 male agents and two female agents. It took over an hour to prove my penis was a penis!

Someone here on this board met with TSA over my case. I think though some agents are going to harass people regardless.

I just ask for the scanner now and not the metal detector. I still am always followed up with a manual pat down but I haven't had to strip again.
Prostate cancer at age 38? Implant Titan OTR April 28, 2011, Salt Lake City, UT. Line broke 2017 because pump was placed too high and a line was pinched. Replacement October 10, 2017 Reims, France with the new model Titan OTR.

Return to “Implants”