Tough lesson learnt

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
medhatg

Tough lesson learnt

Postby medhatg » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:29 pm

I'm 6 weeks post-op. Up to 2 days ago, everything was going great. The incision healed nicely within 2 weeks. All until a got a hard red shiny bump on my scrotum where the incision was, I also started to feel dull pain in my left groin. I thought it was skin irritation, I put polysporin last night and I wake up to my underwear full of bloody puss coming out oozing from where the incision used to be. Concerned about the infection, I rushed to the emergency room where I was examined and given a prescription for a high dose of antibiotic 4 times-a-day. The good news is that I was told that the infection is still at the skin level and did not make it through. However, it seemed like staph infection which is a nasty one and the doctor took a sample to send to the lab. Staph infection is an indicative of hygiene issue so I might have picked it up from sitting naked on couches and chairs when pumping or during sex.
I guess I let down my guard and became too complacent in the last week or so. for the first 5 weeks, I was super paranoid about sanitizing and cleaning, then I let it go. I read also that another member "Alibaba" had a similar issue at 9 weeks post-op.
So I guess the lesson learnt is that to treat that area with caution for a long time and insure that you sanitize anything that touches it. Don't assume it is completely healed until few months down the road. I hope that the Antibiotic takes care of the staph infection before it gets inside. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks
Matt

AirWolf

Re: Tough lesson learnt

Postby AirWolf » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:53 pm

Whew -- sounds like a close call Matt.

I am at 8 weeks post op and a few days ago I noticed a spot (4-5 mm) at the top of the incision line (based of penis) that had a wet clear substance on it, like a stitch had popped. I was surprised by this because it was 2 months ago. I sent a pic to my doc and he said it still looks ok and no treatment was needed; but to help it stay dry and to help it heal I'm pointing my flaccid penis up so it is exposed to air rather than all warm and moist from the penis laying over it. Since then it has bled a small bit and is creating a new scab.

Just seconding what Matt says -- this takes longer to heal than I would have expected.

Kevin
ED since 35 with no known cause -- injections successful for over a decade with 10/1/30 and less than 20units but that became ineffective. Implanted penoscratally by Dr. Kramer of Baltimore on 9/13/17 with AMS 700 LGX 21cm + 0.5cm RTE at 47 years old

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:20 pm

Thank you thank you thank you.

I am 3 days post-op and will take you tale as a cautionary one.

The wise man learns from his experiences. The TRULY wise man, from the experiences of others.

My surgeon's advice is doubly reinforced by yours.

I will pray for a favorable, swift and thorough resolution for you.

Losr Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:05 pm

I had a reaction to the Neosprian then had a reaction to the antibotic he put me on for the other reaction. It took a super mega steriod treatment to take care of that reaction

medhatg

Postby medhatg » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:43 pm

Thank for your posts and encouragement. It is all my fault. I should have known better.

I encourage you to get antiseptic soap which you could get from a medical supply pharmacy or store. Wash, wash, wash, especially after sex. The vagina, the mouth and our beloved partners' long nails are full of germs. What are you going to tell her? go wash your pussy and nails with antiseptic first?
Also, no more sitting naked, have to have clean underwear all the time.

Thanks gents.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:54 pm

medhatg wrote:I'm 6 weeks post-op. Up to 2 days ago, everything was going great. The incision healed nicely within 2 weeks. All until a got a hard red shiny bump on my scrotum where the incision was, I also started to feel dull pain in my left groin. I thought it was skin irritation, I put polysporin last night and I wake up to my underwear full of bloody puss coming out oozing from where the incision used to be. Concerned about the infection, I rushed to the emergency room where I was examined and given a prescription for a high dose of antibiotic 4 times-a-day. The good news is that I was told that the infection is still at the skin level and did not make it through. However, it seemed like staph infection which is a nasty one and the doctor took a sample to send to the lab. Staph infection is an indicative of hygiene issue so I might have picked it up from sitting naked on couches and chairs when pumping or during sex.
I guess I let down my guard and became too complacent in the last week or so. for the first 5 weeks, I was super paranoid about sanitizing and cleaning, then I let it go. I read also that another member "Alibaba" had a similar issue at 9 weeks post-op.
So I guess the lesson learnt is that to treat that area with caution for a long time and insure that you sanitize anything that touches it. Don't assume it is completely healed until few months down the road. I hope that the Antibiotic takes care of the staph infection before it gets inside. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks
Matt

I wish I had discovered my infection while it was still at the skin level. :(

Larry

medhatg

Postby medhatg » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:00 pm

A warning signs that I missed: you get a dull but intermittent pain in your groin. The emergency doctor told me that there is an indication that the lymph glands have detected an infection. Another warning sign, the infected part of the scortum becomes smooth and shiny. If you get fever or chills, it is too late. To Larry's point, this is the kind of infection that if it gets to your blood stream, could put you in a septic shock. It is serious.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:12 pm

medhatg wrote:A warning signs that I missed: you get a dull but intermittent pain in your groin. The emergency doctor told me that there is an indication that the lymph glands have detected an infection. Another warning sign, the infected part of the scortum becomes smooth and shiny. If you get fever or chills, it is too late. To Larry's point, this is the kind of infection that if it gets to your blood stream, could put you in a septic shock. It is serious.

Right and unfortunately, I lost my implant as a result and that was the good part... I almost lost my life. Much better now and I get my bionic dick back on December 14th... Merry Christmas to me... :)

Larry

Robocock444

Postby Robocock444 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:41 pm

I got a staph infection right after my fourth surgery. A round of antibiotic didn't heal the puss,bleeding and yellow telltale signs. Lots of bleeding. Then steroids and cipro. Then another round of cipro...till my kidneys started to give up. The waiting was the real agony. Finally, a big change and healing prevailed. A lasting ,final yellow spot on the scar line was cleared up with the burn medicine silverdine. I feel your pain. Both physical and mental. Hang in there!
2 LGX Failures. 1 Titan failure. Best Dr's in Ct. cause much pain and swelling. Saw Dr Eid and had Titan 24 +1 installed. No pain or swelling. Back in business in 14 days !

jackhammerdreamz

Postby jackhammerdreamz » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:30 pm

DAMN!

Glad they caught it skin level and hopefully you're all good!

I'm notoriously bad at changing bed sheets, but I am good about clean underwear.

Wonder what the incision will be like compared to a vasectomy.... I had about a dime size incision on my scrotum from that procedure.
Healed up nicely in about a month.

Don't mind me just over here pondering things. :lol:
39yr old
Revision installed 1/2/2024
Coloplast w/ Genesis pump
PenoScrotal 20cm + 3cm RTE(right) & 2cm RTE(left)
-
Initial install: 2/6/2018
Coloplast Titan Touch
PenoScrotal 20cm + 1.5RTE
Failure: 9/2/2023
-
Dr. Bodie U of MN
ED for 20+ years

Return to “Implants”